Road House

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Well it seems to me that the director of the movie was under the impression that it was going to get a theatrical release, and the studio wasn't planning on it, and thought everyone was cool with a straight to streaming release. But why didn't the director just go over this with the studio,so he wouldn't have felt he misassumed, or had felt unpleasantly surprised after? Unless the studio lied to him about going theatrical, and it was never their intention?

People in Hollywood being told things that aren't true - what on Earth is the world coming to!!

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
You're basically asking "why do misunderstandings happen?"
Oh I was just wondering, why didn't the director Doug Liman get in writing, if he wanted the theatrical release so bad?

Maybe he was so busy directing, he forgot to read over the contract?

Oh I was just wondering, why didn't the director Doug Liman get in writing, if he wanted the theatrical release so bad?
This is the same question: "how do misunderstandings happen?" It's the kind of thing you can hazard a guess at, same as anyone. Imagine a misunderstanding you've had and the kinds of things that led to it. It's probably one of those.

Also, this this is a relatively new thing, it's possible standard contract language doesn't say anything about it either way.