FAVORITE Stephen King Movie

Tools    

I forgot the Langoliers and the Stand! I love those movies.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Originally Posted by KittyJunkie
- The Dead Zone (I haven't seen the movie, but if it were anything like the book, it would most definitely kick butt)
I dont know if Ive got the right one, but there is a show out called the Dead Zone, and I saw the pilot. Excellent stuff! The show is great, and I do believe that it is based on the SK book. I havent read the book (yet), but Id say definitely give it a rent.

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Originally Posted by mack
I dont know if Ive got the right one, but there is a show out called the Dead Zone, and I saw the pilot. Excellent stuff! The show is great, and I do believe that it is based on the SK book. I havent read the book (yet), but Id say definitely give it a rent.
I know!!! I've been watching every ep. but have been a little disappointed. And I'll say why too... Anthony Michael Hall does not do a realistic Johnny Smith. First of all he is too stout (Johnny is often described as sickly, weak, and looks like his flesh is hanging to his bones), then he keeps forgetting that he's supposed to be dependent on his walking stick - instead he keeps using it as a pointer or something... And the magic of the story of the Dead Zone is how unknown Johnny Smith is, thus the almost 'default' name, but in the series they go and make him a famous media psychic. The television series is only faithful to the novel at several points ie. the pilot, bits and pieces in between, and I suppose right at the end. But I still catch every ep without fail 'cos of what a fan I am of the original novel. Definitely worth a read mack! You won't regret it.

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Originally Posted by KittyJunkie
But I still catch every ep without fail 'cos of what a fan I am of the original novel. Definitely worth a read mack! You won't regret it.
Well, on your say so, I am probably going to do just that! Let me ask you this about the book v. film: is there an underpinning Apostle John type thingie going on here?? I manage to see an episode here or there, but have never been able to really follow the shows the way i want, but I did catch the episode where his therapy buddy goes into an alternate existence where he stayed on as a Preacher in his dad's church. It was sinister! Am I imagining the biblical linkage of "John" in that episode?

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Originally Posted by mack
Let me ask you this about the book v. film: is there an underpinning Apostle John type thingie going on here?? I manage to see an episode here or there, but have never been able to really follow the shows the way i want, but I did catch the episode where his therapy buddy goes into an alternate existence where he stayed on as a Preacher in his dad's church. It was sinister! Am I imagining the biblical linkage of "John" in that episode?
That ep that you saw, was not part of the novel. And I really don't know if there was an underpinning apostle John thing. It was a really weird ep, not one of my favs. And there was another weird one before this too, don't know if you've seen it - with some Al Qaeda references, and Johnny Smith working with other psychics in a secret government lab. Being psychics, they kinda added 'power' to each other - and that was really hard to swallow, not so enjoyable either. When you've read the novel, you'll know how far off they went.

Bad Morther****er
Stand by Me and The Shining
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

Bruce Campbell Groupie
The Shining

And this is my BOOMstick!
secret widnow. dont know about you people but i hated the shining. so long, boring and pointless. not even a bit scary. well its just my opinion dont flame me.

I liked the movie The Shining with Jack Nicholson, but I have to say, the miniseries version with Rebecca DeMornay was really good.

i love all Stephen King films, im a big fan of his books asweel and to see them on screen is really great.

#1 Canadian Haylie Duff Fan
My favorite Stephen King movie is of course.... DreamCatcher!

Originally Posted by Moviez&Dvdz4life
My favorite Stephen King movie is of course.... DreamCatcher!
You know, I really wanted to like dreamcatcher. I went in there looking forward to an entertaining movie. I enjoyed it untill about the last half hour. It got kind of silly around then. And with that b movie alien at the end, that just put the final "nail in the coffin" for me.
As for my favorite stephen king movie based on his novel I would have to say Misery.

Arresting your development
The Stand/ Rose Red

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Stand By Me
The Green Mile

I didn't like The Shining, either. The book scared the hell outta me, but the movie was overshadowed by the lead actor.

1)The Green Mile
2)Shawshank Redemption
3)Hearts in Atlantis
4)Dalores Claiborne
5)Apt Pupil
5)The Shining (the mini series was better in the sense that it was more like the book, but Kubrick's version was good...gotta love Nicholson)
7)The Stand
8)IT
9)Pet Sematary
10)Stand By Me
11)Children of The Corn...all of them
12)Secret Window (i luv Johnny Depp)
13)Carrie(original)

The Dead Zone was a good book...horrible movie
Rose Red was good, the prequal is better
Sleepwalkers...okay
Misery...(luv Kathy Bates)
Sometimes They Come Back,...again,...for more...(good)
Maximum Overdrive ...good
Dreamcatcher...again better book
The Langoliers...was okay
Christine...okay
Cujo...scared the hell out of me...when i was a kid
Thinner..okay

These are the movies that I have seen . Stephen King is one of my fav. writers

****in' A, man. I got a rash, man
Stephen King's IT
"You smell that? Do you smell that?... Napalm, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' dink body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."

Originally Posted by gummo
Rose Red was good, the prequal is better
Prequel?? Where? When? tell!!

Arresting your development
"The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer"

Description-The haunting prequel to Stephen King's "Rose Red", "The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer" reveals the twisted marriage of a naïve matriarch to a promiscuous industrialist and how their Seattle mansion took on a sinister life of its own.

Aha! I have seen that movie--but SK wasnt affiliated with it in any way, was he? Additionally, I thought it was semi-documentary......sort of....