Think Tank

Tools    

In the last few years I've been involved in a Mensa Group Think Tank.
We meet up twice a month to discuss and analyze current events.
Our group has republicans, democrats, independents.
It is predominantly Caucasian but it also includes Asians, Latinos and African Americans.
Our topics reflect the times and are often controversial.
Unfortunately, we often rely on different media, which always seems to have it's own agenda and it's own purported facts. We try to get to the closest version of the truth.
The goal of our discussions is to arrive at a better understanding of the world and suggest solutions to problems that affect all of us.
Although we may be partisan in our beliefs, ultimately it is our goal to find the best answers for all concerned.
The discussions get heated at times but we made a vow, that no matter how heated they get, they never become personal.
To that effect, there is a Chairman, on a rotating basis, that ensures that we stay on topic and don't cross the personal line.
It is not ideal but it has worked pretty good , so far.
I hope that a similar model could be implemented on these forums.

Me too.

Cool...I'm involved in the Homer Simpson Thinkin' Hurts My Brain Tank....Maybe we can converse on a topic? How do you feel about beer? doughnuts?

Cool...I'm involved in the Homer Simpson Thinkin' Hurts My Brain Tank....Maybe we can converse on a topic? How do you feel about beer? doughnuts?
Ha ha. Don't eat doughnuts. Drink Peroni, but only with food, some time.

I've never heard of Peroni. I'm sort of a beer snob, I do home brew and if buy beer I usually go for hand craft stuff. You couldn't pay me to drink Bud or Miller or even Duff.

I've never heard of Peroni. I'm sort of a beer snob, I do home brew and if buy beer I usually go for hand craft stuff. You couldn't pay me to drink Bud or Miller or even Duff.
My dad used to brew his own beer and store it in bottles the the boiler cupboard, me and my friend found it and got pist!

Peroni is the best Italian beer, a less bitter Becks and lighter then Stella.
Yeah, Bud and Coors, piss beers.

My dad used to brew his own beer and store it in bottles the the boiler cupboard, me and my friend found it and got pist!
Ha, I bet dad was pissed or maybe even pisted, when he found out his beer was missing...Sometimes if you prime the beer with too much sugar before you bottle it, the bottles can explode. Did that ever happen? It's a B I G mess when it does.

Oh I like Stella Artois, quite well. I use to think beer sucked until I found out that there was more types, than the typical American grocery store beer (Bud, Coors and that ilk)

Ha, I bet dad was pissed or maybe even pisted, when he found out his beer was missing...Sometimes if you prime the beer with too much sugar before you bottle it, the bottles can explode. Did that ever happen? It's a B I G mess when it does.

Oh I like Stella Artois, quite well. I use to think beer sucked until I found out that there was more types, than the typical American grocery store beer (Bud, Coors and that ilk)
No that never happened. He would brew it in a big plastic barrel, then decant it into bottles, it tasted awful but we still drank it, then mum went mad with dad when she saw us pist, he wasn't allowed to brew it again!

No that never happened. He would brew it in a big plastic barrel, then decant it into bottles, it tasted awful but we still drank it, then mum went mad with dad when she saw us pist, he wasn't allowed to brew it again!
Funny! I can't imagine Minnie Mouse chugging, or God forbid, using hose to suck wine from a barrel.

Funny! I can't imagine Minnie Mouse chugging, or God forbid, using hose to suck wine from a barrel.
I was grounded for a month afterwards! No wonder i don't drink now, it was awful stuff, the foam on top of it looked dirty, god only knows what my dad was up to!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
@Des
Way off topic, but how you type reminds me of a guy I knew back in the late 90s. Did you ever sing and play harmonica for a cover band in Alabama? No, I promise this is not a back-door entry into some joke. Honest question! I know the odds are less than slim, but wth, right? Could be you.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

@Des
Way off topic, but how you type reminds me of a guy I knew back in the late 90s. Did you ever sing and play harmonica for a cover band in Alabama? No, I promise this is not a back-door entry into some joke. Honest question! I know the odds are less than slim, but wth, right? Could be you.
I could be Julian Assange, but I would not want to be.
Your query sounds like a good gig, but no I'm from back East.

I was grounded for a month afterwards! No wonder i don't drink now, it was awful stuff, the foam on top of it looked dirty, god only knows what my dad was up to!
Are you saying, this don't look yummy

I forget , what is the lowest I.Q. allowed for a Mensa group? Is there a written rule? Anyway on an average day my I.Q. hovers around 148, but let me get a couple of shots in me and BAM! - Skyys the limit.