Horror films in alphabetical order

→ in
Tools    

Angela is a TV reporter who does a quick little night segment on firefighters and what their jobs are like. Everything starts pretty boring and it seems like they're not going to get a great story... until there is a disturbance call. They all go to this apartment building where everyone is downstairs complaining about noises coming from this apartment with an older woman, the fireman and police go up there to find the woman very disturbed and mumbling. All of a sudden the woman tries to attack them, the police and firemen along with Angela go downstairs to find out that they've been locked in, the police outside have quarantined the building. The woman viciously bites one of the firemen who turns into a rabid zombie who starts attacking the others. The virus is spreading and there's only so much time before they all descend into this scary nightmare.

I would highly recommend Rec for any movie fan, this was just a fun movie to watch and one of the better horror films I've seen. Quarantine was just the American version with a few deleted scenes that are not in Rec, but I felt that Rec explained itself better. Why and how the virus came to be as well as where the mysterious tenant is and what he did. Like I said, I do feel silly, they're both pretty much the exact same movie just in different languages, but I just enjoyed this movie was just better.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Is anyone reading this?

There are a LOT of horror fans here, so I'm sure that some people are reading it. I'm kind of skimming through this, but I hate horror movies. (I'm patiently waiting for your next list. )

Is anyone reading this?

There are a LOT of horror fans here, so I'm sure that some people are reading it. I'm kind of skimming through this, but I hate horror movies. (I'm patiently waiting for your next list. )
What films do you like?

What films do you like?

Mostly musicals, rom-com, comedy that's not crude humor, some mystery/thrillers if they're not too violent and/or gory, and sci-fi that doesn't cross over into horror. (I basically don't like violence and gore.)

What films do you like?

Mostly musicals, rom-com, comedy that's not crude humor, some mystery/thrillers if they're not too violent and/or gory, and sci-fi that doesn't cross over into horror. (I basically don't like violence and gore.)
Fair enough. I like foreign films, noir films, animations, horrors, musicals and loads more

Fair enough. I like foreign films, noir films, animations, horrors, musicals and loads more

I don't like foreign films because I hate reading subtitles.

I like noir films, but I probably haven't seen enough of them yet, but I'd be interested in your list if you did a noir list.

I like animated movies, but I've seen very few anime. If your list isn't too anime heavy, I might be interested in your animations list too.

I don't like foreign films because I hate reading subtitles.

I like noir films, but I probably haven't seen enough of them yet, but I'd be interested in your list if you did a noir list.

I like animated movies, but I've seen very few anime. If your list isn't too anime heavy, I might be interested in your animations list too.
Ok ill keep that in mind

This is the classic horror! Stanley Kubrick's Finest! The scariest of the "Kubrick Stares" has to be Jack Nicholson looking through the door in the classic horror scene. The camera, music, acting, and scares are top notch! I highly recommend this movie to: Horror fans, Kubrick fans, psychological thriller fans, and even Nicholson fans.

It is absolute fun, plain and simple. It gets in, does it scares and it's laughs, and gets out quick. As what it was meant to be, it was absolutely brilliant. It does its own thing, and it does it perfectly, and the result is pure entertainment, nothing more. So, if you like movies like Shaun of the Dead, Army of Darkness, Dead Alive, Gremlins, Tremors, or anything in that vein, you will like this movie.

The movie Saw is something that comes around every so often like the Blair Witch Project. A small budget film that gets tremendous buzz because it is done with such intelligent screen play and shock value. Saw is known for its incredible ending twist that no one saw coming and it blew all the audiences away. Aside from that the great characters, the acting and dialog is a little lackluster between the two leading men, Dr. Gordon and Adam. The writing, well thought out story and death trap scenes really put Saw over the top and being worthy of a great horror film. It was one of a kind until it came out and totally original that James Wan will be acknowledged for until the end of his directing days. Saw (9/10) is a creative, twisted low budget gem that is a can't miss.

Almost a year after someone raped and killed Sidney Prescott's mother in the small town of Woodsboro, someone is killing teenagers. When Sidney herself becomes a target, the link is apparent and her missing father is a suspect. However, as with all good scary movies, everyone is a suspect.

The film that sparked the revival of horror movies (Halloween H2O, I know what you did last summer, Urban Legend etc all followed…..thanks a lot!). This stands out from all those (and it's lackluster sequels) by being really good and clever. The story is nothing more than the standard slasher plot – but it avoids the cliches quite well. In fact it uses the cliches as references and makes plenty of jokey references to other movies and the supposed rules of horror movies – we even have a quick flash of a caretaker dressed in Freddy's jumper and hat!

That doesn't mean it's not scary – it is! From the tragically horrible opening 10 minutes through each gory killing the tension is high and the shocks are real. The plot twists nicely and the ending is much better than most slasher movies (including the absurd endings of 2 and 3). This manages to be fresh, clever and scary – getting by any sticking moments with it's tongue in it's cheek.

The cats are good – Campbell is a believable virgin, scarred by what happened to her mother – before she starts turning into Buffy the vampire slayer in parts 2 and 3. Cox is excellent playing against type and David Arquette is funny as the Deputy Sheriff. Kennedy as Randy is also funny as the movie geek – in fact he remains the highlight of the next 2 films. The cast being filled of up and coming faces (including Ulrich) makes it even more thrilling when the `wrong' people get killed, technically all the cast are `unknowns' who usually make up the body count, so really anyone can potentially get offed.

Overall funny black comedy, scary thrills and gory excitement. A rare treat – a really good teen horror movie

The movie, "Se7en", starring Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman, and Gwyneth Paltrow, is by far one of the most inventive, well-written, and cerebral films in recent history. The film, blending a well put together combination of dark visual style, intense plot development, and polished acting, remains tight and focused throughout, from beginning to end, never straying outwards into unimportant issues, or resorting to typical Hollywood clichés. Se7en is uniquely on its own for suspense dramas as it both fuels the need of the audience to be drawn in and entertained by the events unfolding, and remain uncompromising and shocking, thus satisfying the initial vision of the director, David Fincher.

The story surrounds the hunt for a serial killer, who, inspired by Dante Alighieri's seven deadly sins from "The Divine Comedy", sets out to, "preach" about man's impurity, and does so by targeting victims, then torturing them by pitting their own underlining sins against them. Se7en seemingly starts out as a typical cat and mouse detective story, however, it quickly develops into of a sort of modern-myth, with good and evil taking centre stage. The story is original on all counts, and thrilling on all levels. The most important aspect of Se7en, however, is that it keeps the audience numerous steps behind its story, as oppose to other thrillers, which become predictable and bland by the end. By keeping the audience in the dark, the film remains fresh and original as it progresses. Se7en even dramatically turns the tide at one point, just as the audience is finally getting comfortable and asserted into the gloomy atmosphere, thus creating as much as fear and uncertainty in the audience as it is with the characters involved. By the film's conclusion, the audience is as much apart of the film as the characters themselves, and arrive at Se7en's surprise ending without a single clue of it, prior to it occurring. Se7en's poetic ending(which will not be given away) says a lot for the people behind the movie, showing they are not afraid of going against the grain. A rarity with films so nowadays.

Directed brilliantly by David Fincher, and skillfully written by Andrew Kevin Walker, Se7en is well crafted and ingeniously clever, making it one of the greatest films of the 90's. While Se7en may not have garnered critical acclaim as such films as Silence of the Lambs, Se7en is, undoubtedly, as influential as any film to date.