Three's Company

Tools    

So recently I started watching Three's Company for the first time, the first time I heard about it I just kinda ignored it on the bases of popularity of it (along with The Loveboat).

However, I am quickly coming to the conclusion that it may be the best sitcom of all time.
Any favorite lines, habits, ect...?

I really liked Three's Company, but then, I really enjoyed the original too.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_About_The_House

I didn't see an episode of Three's Company until the late 80's (it was something that used to be shown once all night tv started over here and they needed something to fill the time) but I really got into it on satellite in the early 90's.

I would agree with jrs though, it's not even close to being the best sitcom of all time. Britain seems to have spent the last decade making lists of what we do and don't like as a nation and sitcoms have been no exception.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Britain%27s_Best_Sitcom

Of the top 10, I couldn't recommend Blackadder (series 2-4), Yes Minister/Yes, Prime Minister or Porridge highly enough. All of them are superbly written and acted. If you're a fan of slapstick or farce, then Fawlty Towers is about as good as it gets as an artform, IMO.

I like all the programmes in the top 10, but the others are programmes that I wouldn't be confident in recommending to people who aren't British (or familiar with British humour) or are loved and hated in equal measure. For example, I can't think of a man over here who'd look at that list and wonder how The Vicar Of Dibley made it to #3 (even if they liked it themselves.) There's also plenty of people who'll tell you that One Foot In The Grave is one of the least funny sitcoms of all time, yet it sits at #10 and ran for 10 years.

What would you say is the best sitcom of all time?
One of the best sitcoms of all time? I'd definitely have to say Seinfeld. Although I don't know what can be categorized as the best. There are alot of good sitcoms.

Definately not a sitcom, it's an improv show. I only saw a couple of the US ones (mostly because I don't like Drew Carey), but I always watched our (UK) version on tv, it started in 1988 over here, but was on radio before then.

I prefered the earlier performers for the most part. People like Stephen Fry (obviously), John Sessions, Josie Lawrence, (who I had a huge crush on) Tony Slattery and Stephen Frost. Though Ryan Stiles and Colin Mochrie were excellent early stars too and, thankfully, stayed throughout the whole run (I think.)

It's so funny, I don't even remember names, barely faces. I just remember what they did, the types of games. It's been over 5 years since I've watched it.

I loved that show. Mostly watched the UK version because I well...live in the UK. (I don't really know where I'm going with this... i'm tired)

Oh and Darkrose do you mean Wayne Brady?

Lucky you, I'm stuck in the US in the dessert which is even worse.

Yes! That's right! Wayne Brady was his name! Oh thanks, my mind is at ease for the time being Damn, now I can't remember what the meaning of life was

I used to watch the reruns years ago but haven't in a long time. Not great, but a nice feel good show that was definitely good for some laughs from time to time.

-Hattori Hanzo