Tommy Lee Jones 'No Country' lawsuit

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Dang, ten million is a lot of money...

The 61-year-old Hollywood star has filed a $10m lawsuit against Paramount Pictures for promised bonuses he said he never received following the film's success.

If successful, the lawsuit could force studio lawyers to re-examine the contracts of Hollywood's leading actors.

"The paperwork stands for itself," said a spokeswoman for Mr Jones shortly after the lawsuit was filed in Becar County, Texas.

Media reports say the court papers claim that Jones took a reduced fee prior to filming in exchange for "significant box office bonuses", and was promised other rewards which were never paid.

Jones played the role of Sheriff Ed Tom Bell in Joel and Ethan Coen's adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's crime novel. The film won four academy awards, including best picture, and made more than $160m
(£91m) at the box office worldwide.

The Guardian newspaper claims that Jones's contract to appear in the film was signed with NM Classics in April 2006, and that according to the lawsuit it promised additional "back-end compensation" for post filming work.

The writ claims, the newspaper said, that Paramount and its subsiadiary fraudulently withheld more than $10m from Jones and demands that an independent auditor be appointed to assess fair compensation.

That Sucks For Paramount, But I Guess They Should've Payed Him.

If true, then that is just about wrong.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, this kinda stuff has been going on for decades. It took Bill Clinton's comment about how "it depends on what the meaning of the word "is" is" for people to understand some of this BS. I hope Tommy Lee gets what he can, but I generally hate it when people have no idea what they're getting into upfront.