Favorite "less important" characters in movies

Tools    

Neville in Harry Potter films

Pretty well the whole supporting characters in that film Zedlen.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Lord, there used to be so many fine character actors who used to show up in film after film after film, one of the best benefits of the old studio system. Most members of this forum probably don't even remember such greats as Slim Pickens, Chill Wills, Thomas Mitchell, Royal Dano, John Dehner, Noah Berry Jr. (or his dad Noah Sr. and uncle Wallace), John Qualen, Ken Curtis, James Best, Adlo Ray, L.Q. Jones, Barton MacLane, Elisha Cook Jr., Dean Jagger, James Griffith, Hugh Griffith, Harry Dean Stanton, Arthur Kennedy, Strother Martin, Walter Brennan, Marjorie Main, Andy Devine, Beula Bondi, Robert Morely, Bernard Gorcy, Alfonso Bedoya, James Gleason, Billie Burke, Harry Andrews, Alice Ghostley, Louis Calhern, Gloria Grahame, Harry R. (Tim) Moore, "Cuddles" Sakall, Ned Glass, William Fawcett, William Demorest, William Frawley, Verna Felton, Hank Worden, Henry Silva, Edgar Buchanan, Chief Dan George, Donald Crisp, Dick York, Dick Wesson, Charlie Ruggles, Sessue Hayakawa, Arthur Hunnicutt, Will Sampson. However, they probably know relative newcomers like William H. Macy and R. Lee Ermey.

I'll probably think of more later.

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Well George Carlin only has a handful of scenes in Kevin Smith's Dogma. And he's just hilarious.

I can't see myself failing to remember Harry Dean Stanton.
Ah, but can you remember him in his early really small parts in films like Day of the Evil Gun?

Pretty well the whole supporting characters in that film Zedlen.
That's really true, but Martini stood out for me because he is such a contrast to DeVito these days and hes so much fun to watch.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.

Kitty Farmer from Donnie Darko.

"I'll tell you what he said! He asked to forcibly insert the Lifeline exercise card into my anus!"

"Do you even know who Graham Greene is?"
"I think we've all seen Bonanza,".

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Hate to go the Coen Brothers route, but who didn't like Donny in The Big Lebowski? He adds basically nothing to the film, but he's hilarious.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

An Auto-Bot that reviews movies....
Aaron Yoo as Ronnie (Disturbia, 2007)

All the right lines in all the right places. He just had a way of cracking me up.

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
One of my favorite people to watch or listen to, and has lots of great less important rolls in movies but my favorite would be.

Henry Rollins - Johnny Mnemonic

One of my favorite people to watch or listen to, and has lots of great less important rolls in movies but my favorite would be.

Henry Rollins - Johnny Mnemonic

You need to watch Sons of Anarchy then. He has quite a big role in season 2.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Theo from Die Hard.

"You didn't bring me along for my charming personality."

"What have we here, gentleman? The police have themselves an RV."

Anarchist within reason
Sam Rockwell's "Guy" in Galaxy Quest

Ted Danson and Paul Giamatti in Saving Private Ryan

Christopher Walken "Paul Rayburn" in Man on Fire

"Morse" in Alien 3
If at his council I should turn aside, Into that ominous tract which all agree, Hides the Dark Tower. Yet aquiescingly I did turn as he pointed, neither pride nor hope at the end descried, so much as gladness that some end might be.

Robert Browning 'Childe Roland to The Dark Tower Came'