Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

This might just do nobody any good.
Balding John McClane is the only good McClane...

... or Bruce Willis, for that matter (Looper aside).

Hellloooo Cindy - Scary Movie (2000)
Hanna (2011)

Wow, great action film! If the majority here aren’t familiar with this I’d have to call it a hidden gem. Quick synopsis: Hanna an “unusual” but likeable young woman, raised in isolation, trained as an assassin embarks upon a mission of revenge. That’s all you need to know. Interesting characters, great pace and action. Very watachable and talk about empowering female leads done well. None of that Marry Sue Disney Star Wars nonsense. Hanna is both vulnerable, dangerous and feminine. My only gripe was the story in the last 3rd got a little hard to follow although maybe I just missed/ misheard some dialogue. Recommended.

3.8/5

I can’t give it that 4 but for an action film and action film lovers it’s a great watch.

I won't dance. Don't ask me...
I agree, and agree and agree With everything you said. Love that film!
The only thing is I would prefer it was more like Burton
The pictures of main character are like Burtons. Im not surprised that he found this story. I supose its because he like this kind of art.

The only thing is I would prefer it was more like Burton
The pictures of main character are like Burtons. Im not surprised that he found this story. I supose its because he like this kind of art.
When I was a little kid I had a print of one of those big eye paintings hanging on my wall. It was creepy

Rey from TFA is a Mary Sue.
I thought she was from Jakku. Jakkuan?

Seven Pounds (2008)

I know Will Smith doesn't get a lot of love on this site, but this movie from almost a decade ago was pretty moving.
It's the kind of movie that contains a substantial amount of mystery, so I can't say much in detail without engaging in spoilers and the less known about it going in makes for a better experience, which was mine since I knew absolutely nothing about it before viewing.
But, it's kind of like a different take on the concept of the Magnificent Obsession (and for those not familiar, you'll have to look it up).

Most of the film is intrigue built upon intrigue and it's that wanting to find out what's really going on which holds the viewer.
There is a palpable amount of sadness in this film so bring the tissues, but what I liked about it is that all the loose ends come together and all the questions are answered by the end.

The Great Train Robbery (1978)

Quite the good bit of fun. Very relaxed and soothing, actually. Set design game is real.

6.5/10

Is it just me or is Lesley-Anne Down a dead-ringer for Margot Robbie? Or, well, it’s the other way around, isn’t it?

Planets? Omg, is her dad Kurt Russell from Guardians of the Galaxy?