Transformers

Tools    

I don't see anything wrong with wanting to try and appeal to several different audiences, I think that is a good thing maybe people who would have never given TF a thought will now go and see how awesome they really are! I am personally excited about this movie because I know one I can take my mom and my dad and my little cousins too! something for everyone but at the same time GIANT ROBOTS taking over can't beat that man can't beat that at all!

Just got back from watching it. I thought it was pretty awesome in my opinion. I was particularly impressed by the CG and fight scenes.

I'm going to have to wait till next week to see this. I was hoping to catch an early showing monday but that isn't going to happen. I like to hit the big blockbusters early and fresh before hearing too much about it.

At least 'Die Hard' is tonight though.

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
just saw it tonight. it was absolutely amazing. the best movie of the summer, by far. not a dull moment (at least to me).

and also, it's been bothering me. does anyone know what trailer that was right before the movie started? it was played like someone was recording it through a camcorder. they never said the title at the end?

Oh, yes. There will be blood....
Cloverfield/1-18-08
thanks jrs!! it looks pretty awesome!!!

Yeah the trailer was kinda cool, I mean anythime I see the head of the Statue of Liberty thrown like a baseball into a building I kinda get excited.

Anway, Transformers was a wonderful suprise. I did not think I was going to like it very much, but I did. My biggest complaint: The closeups and the blurry not quite outta focus scenes. I know it is probably tough to visually make this movie and yeah sometimes closeups are better than scaled back scenes, but watching Optimus Primes and other's feet made me want to take off the binoculars that I was not wearing. Anyway a fun film all together.

a typical Michael Bay movie..the effects were awesome but the rest quite infantile..note to self:no more MB movies!

I was much more interested in the Cloverfield trailer and kept thinking about it during Transformers

It has been awhile since a film went above and beyond all of my expectations. This one did. I went in thinking, "Hmm...they are going to try and make me take the Transformers seriously...and besides that, Michael Bay is the one who is going to try and change my thinking." Usually, I stay as far away from Michael Bay as possible. However, after seeing this film, which looks like a six year old's jacked up birthday party dream, I must say that maybe Bay was the only choice. Once I realized that this film was going to accept what it was and not try to go beyond it's potential, I was comfortable and ready for a ride. The characters are one dimensional, but they know they are and are believable as such. The story may have more holes than swiss cheese, but you are so caught up in the explosions and exceptionally cheesy dialogue that you just don't care. Every piece of the puzzle falls into place perfectly. Transformers is not more than meets the eye. It is all eye candy. It's campy. It's pretty. It's a hell of a lot of fun. Enjoy.

fbi
It has been awhile since a film went above and beyond all of my expectations. This one did. I went in thinking, "Hmm...they are going to try and make me take the Transformers seriously...and besides that, Michael Bay is the one who is going to try and change my thinking." Usually, I stay as far away from Michael Bay as possible. However, after seeing this film, which looks like a six year old's jacked up birthday party dream, I must say that maybe Bay was the only choice. Once I realized that this film was going to accept what it was and not try to go beyond it's potential, I was comfortable and ready for a ride. The characters are one dimensional, but they know they are and are believable as such. The story may have more holes than swiss cheese, but you are so caught up in the explosions and exceptionally cheesy dialogue that you just don't care. Every piece of the puzzle falls into place perfectly. Transformers is not more than meets the eye. It is all eye candy. It's campy. It's pretty. It's a hell of a lot of fun. Enjoy.

No way man. If bay was the only choice to make this movie then i would be really worried about the talent of the millions of movie makers out there.

From what i witnessed last night, (which i feared before anwyay) anyone could have made that transformers. And that someone would have made it better.

u telling me peter jackson, spielberg, richard donner, robert zemekis,
mel gibson etc couldnt have done that? I would have picked any one of those.

I dont expect some complex story for a transformers movie but at least have some characters we care for and some point to it.

Number 1 problem: the robots look too realistic and sharp. All the charm from the cartoons was eliminated. It looked like just another robot film and not transformers.

why change the enitre appearance of megatron? He looked awesome in the cartoons. Sticking to the original look using great cgi would have been fantastic.

2: prime looked reasonably the same but he was still upgraded.
Should have kept him blunt and square and looking strong like the cartoons rather than sleek.

3: cliche after cliche. A person u would least expect to be a computer whizz. A loud mouth, lazy youngster who verbally abuses his grandma? been there done that in the late 90's.

4: That female co star. Of all the hot babes u can choose u choose one who cant act?

5: all the u.s soldiers couldnt act. In fact it was horrible.

michael bays film making ability and vision needs to be improved a great deal since he is still stuck in the mid 90's. Transformers looked outdated even with the great cgi.

No way man. If bay was the only choice to make this movie then i would be really worried about the talent of the millions of movie makers out there.

From what i witnessed last night, (which i feared before anwyay) anyone could have made that transformers. And that someone would have made it better.

u telling me peter jackson, spielberg, richard donner, robert zemekis,
mel gibson etc couldnt have done that? I would have picked any one of those.

I dont expect some complex story for a transformers movie but at least have some characters we care for and some point to it.

Number 1 problem: the robots look too realistic and sharp. All the charm from the cartoons was eliminated. It looked like just another robot film and not transformers.

why change the enitre appearance of megatron? He looked awesome in the cartoons. Sticking to the original look using great cgi would have been fantastic.

2: prime looked reasonably the same but he was still upgraded.
Should have kept him blunt and square and looking strong like the cartoons rather than sleek.

3: cliche after cliche. A person u would least expect to be a computer whizz. A loud mouth, lazy youngster who verbally abuses his grandma? been there done that in the late 90's.

4: That female co star. Of all the hot babes u can choose u choose one who cant act?

5: all the u.s soldiers couldnt act. In fact it was horrible.

michael bays film making ability and vision needs to be improved a great deal since he is still stuck in the mid 90's. Transformers looked outdated even with the great cgi.

Michael Bay's vision is great plus he is the only action Director left lately that is still making action movies and from all those disappointments this summer like Spiderman 3,Pirates 3 and Die Hard 4 Transformers was the only relive this summer and it was perfect in every aspect.The CGI was out of this world the robots looked so good as if the crew built real robots,as for the acting for a movie like that the acting is the last thing to be worried about.And I prefer the new look of the robots the old ones looked too boxie and Megatron as far as I remember used to transform himself into a gun,wow how awsm Plus none of those Directors that you have listed couldn't do it,maybe Jackson and Spielberg(he is the executive producer of the movie so that makes him part of the movie) but the others don't do movies like that.Go watch it again you might find something that you like

I think Micheal Bay has done a good job in Transformers. The CGI graphics were fantastic! Overall, IMHO i think the movie producers and director of it have balanced every aspects of the plot whether if it's on action, humor and intensity.. I'm already excited to see the sequel of it..

fbi
Michael Bay's vision is great plus he is the only action Director left lately that is still making action movies and from all those disappointments this summer like Spiderman 3,Pirates 3 and Die Hard 4 Transformers was the only relive this summer and it was perfect in every aspect.The CGI was out of this world the robots looked so good as if the crew built real robots,as for the acting for a movie like that the acting is the last thing to be worried about.And I prefer the new look of the robots the old ones looked too boxie and Megatron as far as I remember used to transform himself into a gun,wow how awsm Plus none of those Directors that you have listed couldn't do it,maybe Jackson and Spielberg(he is the executive producer of the movie so that makes him part of the movie) but the others don't do movies like that.Go watch it again you might find something that you like

wow. None of the directors i listed could do what bay done? i dont know what movies u have been watching but superman chris reeve (donner) is still great today even though the effects are not as good.

rob zemeckis back to the future 1,2 and 3. brill. considering these were made in the 80's.
maybe peter jackson? maybe? after watching king kong and lord of rings i dont know what makes u say maybe.

I'm not saying it was the worse film i saw this year. I'm saying this would have been a classic under any of those directors i mentioned.
under bay, it was nothing special for me.

the several cliches in the movie could have been avoided but bay just decides to include them.

will wait until it is 3 for £20 on dvd.

Seeing them transform from vehicles into Robots and vice versa is an amazing experience in itself.

BANNED (PLANT)
Yeah going to see this this week, heard the effects are great but that it could have been a lot darker.

fbi
Yeah going to see this this week, heard the effects are great but that it could have been a lot darker.
thats right. it could have been a little darker. I dont mind humour but if ur going to have jokes, dont make them so dry.

that cliched scenario of a loud mouth youngster who is rude to his grandma is very outdated.

my 2 cousins dont want to see it because its called Transformers and that it was a kids show

Michael Bay gets a lot of stick for being a crap director and I'm still wondering why. Save for the Island and Pearl Harbor (which, to be honest, I haven't a huge problem with, they just weren't my cup of tea) I loved everything he has ever laid his directing hands on. He does good visual films. He gets on with the story. Transformers isn't about one faction's epic struggle to overcome the evil dominance of the other. It's about 20-storey monster robots smacking the **** out of the other 20-storey monster robots. It is what it is and he doesn't pretend any more or less. Yes, he'd be the wrong guy to go for if you wanted huge overly emotive weep-fests et al. So, don't go to him for those; as popcorn movies go he blows (mostly) everyone else out of the water.
This movie rocked and so will the next one if Michael stays with it.