Birthday Girl

→ in
Tools    

Great Cast, so-so movie

To start off i have to give praise to this cast, ben Chaplin was great, and kidman was excellent as always. But also had nino from amelie (the love interest guy) and the main badguy from brotherhood of the wolf.

This movie wasnt american, it was british or possibly Austrailian.

All and all it wasnt that great, but not that bad, it needed more action, it was nice and short, and it had a good ending. it was also very funny.
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

Birthday Girl was produced in The U.K.

I'm probably going to check it out tomorrow evening.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

i think u would like it, holden. Its kinda like a chick flick though.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
that title sure doesn't help. i get what they were doing using it but really, that was just silly. i may rent it one day, when i'm bored. and need a hit of ben chaplin being winky and getting seduced by a redhead badgirl kidman. i like her without curly hair. heh.

I don't see how anyone would label this a "chick flick" (much more akin to The Mexican than Chocolat), but it was OK I suppose. Not really worth making a special trip, but not bad for a matinee screening this weekend if you've got nothing better to do. Very basic stuff all around, but not insultingly stupid or annoying or anything like that. The actors are naturally charming and charistmatic enough to make it watchable. It lacked some consistency in tone that could have made it sing, even with the same familiar plotting. A Guy Ritchie type with oodles of style to spare might have made it better, but as is it's just OK.

At least you get to see Nicole's quite marvelous bare @ss, watch her simulate a hand-job, and constantly strut about in sexy little outfits.

Grade: C+

At least you get to see Nicole's quite marvelous bare @ss, watch her simulate a hand-job, and constantly strut about in sexy little outfits.
Sounds like fun to me!