Monsters Inc.

→ in
Tools    

This movie was a lot of fun. I especially liked the chase through all of the closets, reminded me of Being John Malkovich sorta. Some parts are even touching, but I think that's becuase I'm a softie about stuff dealing with little kids. Anyone else see it yet? I highly recommend it, it's not quite on the level of Shrek, but it's definitely one of the better movies I've seen this year.

I saw it earlier today and I liked it too. Not a Shrek or Lion King but still a good movie and it's actually appropriate for kids. I wouldn't say it's one of the best of the year but definitely entertaining. Cool flick!

Guy
I loved Monsters, Inc! It had a fun story, great characters, and the final scene brought a tear to my eye!

pixar is batting 1.000!

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i know, i'm totally into Pixar now, they get it every time!!

saw this this past weekend ... i got emotional too!! that little girl's face was just so ON, so expressive! i tried not to cry, i really did but ... couldn't hold it back.

it really made me laugh and I'd say it's better than the Lion King, in my book ... no offense. haven't seen shrek though, been meaning to ...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I'd say Shrek is the first animated movie from DreamWorks that will actually make Disney squirm. Disney and Pixar are doing great movies, Toy Story 1 & 2, Bug's Life, Monsters, Inc.(which I haven't seen yet), are all very well done. With Shrek 2 out in a few years, it will be amazing what develops between now and then.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

The Adventure Starts Here!
I saw it with my daughter. Aside from making the mistake of going during the 1:00 Saturday matinee (meaning the theatre was loaded with giggling kids), we had a great time. I love a "kids' movie" that has enough going for it for the adults too. (Kinda like watching a Looney Tunes cartoon.) So much of the humor probably went over the heads of the younger kids, but I loved it. The little girl was cute without being grotesquely syrupy (although close at times, I admit).

I loved the interesting ways they dealt with the age-old concept of monsters in the closet -- the doors, a monster being matched up to a particular kid, a door being shredded when a kid grew up and out of the scared stage, etc. It all worked on the basic "kid" level.

And you gotta love all the rapid-fire one-liners by Billy Crystal's character, Mike. Sometimes I'd laugh at one line, only to miss the next two completely.

Good flick. Imaginative without being formulaic.

I liked [color=royal blue]Monsters Inc.[/color] a lot. Liked it WAY more than Shrek. Not quite up to the overall storytelling and humor of the two Toy Storys, but I enjoyed it a bit more than A Bug's Life. Very good, and always entertaining. Pixar has really outdone themselves as far as animation this time out - there was some spectacular jaw-dropping stuff in there.

"Kitty!"
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Female assassin extraordinaire.
lol ... thanks for the plug, chris!

yeah, i loved that kitty bit ... heheh.

I saw this movie on the night of the 17th, and loved it. Great, great movie, in so many ways. I'm not SURE of my saying this, but I think it may indeed be better than "Shrek." Of course, I was a complete sucker for that little girl...she was beyond cute. If I do indeed decide, after thinking it over, that it's a better movie than "Shrek," "Boo" will have been the tipping point.

Better than Shrek.
It had more heart, there was more to it.
Shrek was sarcastic. This film wasn't trying to get cheap laughs -- it wanted to touch people, making them, laugh and cry and so forth.

I thought it was Pixar's best yet.

Ehhh I'm wishy washy on this one. It was good but not great. I liked Sully's cool blue hair and the way it swished when he walked. Actually I liked all of the characters I just didn't care about the story line.

Now Shrek I loved.

Oh hey, we thought this was a Blast! Ana almost fell out of her movie chair over the outtakes.
Love,
Jozie