Movies I Want To Remake - Movies You Want To Remake

Tools    

insufferable know-it-all
Unfortunately, if you didn't read Red Dragon or Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal would not be very easy to follow since there are a lot of characters and a very intricate plot. Like all works of art, everyone has different tastes. I find Harris to be a very talented writer and his Lecter series fascinating. At least he didn't write about sparkling vampires *gag*

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm one of the few people I know who really likes Ridley Scott's Hannibal. I find it to be a wonderful cat-and-mouse black comedy.

I thought Hannibal was a beautifully made film. And Ridley did a good deal to clean up the garbage material he had to work with. Hopkins' Lecter is not the Lecter of the books, who is a complete freak and horror show. Thomas Harris skims his coffee cup in the gutter and calls it fiction. Personally I think the material beneath Ridley or Hopkins, but money is money. And the role made Tony a star.

Hannibal has earned $400 million ($320 million profit) and comes in only to Gladiator as Ridley's biggest money maker (in total dollars).

The Raven 1963

How silly is that?

Underated actor. Vincent was great at playing the esoteric.

I rather like the Corman poe films and there wacky and surreal nature. I'm not to sure if made today people would give the injection of camp it really needs. it would be all to abrasive and gory. what would your take be on it.

I don't know. Maybe Sam Raimi or Don Coscarelli (is he still making movies?) could be up to it.
I haven't seen much of Don Coscarelli I didn't like Phantasm much there were moments to be sure just didn't fully work for me. On the other hand i just loved Bubba Ho-tep thought that might be more due to my love of Bruce Campbell and Ossie Davis would you recommend any of these Phantasm IV: Oblivion (1998), Phantasm III: Lord of the Dead (1994), Survival Quest (1989), Phantasm II (1988), The Beastmaster (1982)

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I was strictly thinking of Bubba Ho-tep when I mentioned Coscarelli, but The Beastmaster is worth a watch in a sub-Conan-sorta way. It's the man's second-best film, but Bubba Ho-tep is his best, by far.

Surprisingly for me, I'd also recommend take a peek at The Beastmaster. I've not seen it for years but, if I saw it again and liked it, it's something I'd consider a guilty pleasure.

I've mentioned this a few times around here but I really think Peter Hymes The Star Chamber would make a great film. It was poorly executed, had a lot of smaller parts that could have used bigger actors. It ended up just becoming a Michael Douglas Vehicle.

The Star Chamber may or may not be getting a remake. Last week (I think) I made a post asking if anyone knew if The Star Chamber that's being made, is a remake or a film with the same title. I still don't know the answer.

Resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, based on how Piranha 3D turned out maybe Humanoids From The Deep, those Corman-Poe films would be very tricky and need to be in the hands of a real artist so if they're remade I expect the worst, I kinda want to see a remake of Wishmaster just to see if they can make it more serious. Everything else can probably be left alone, even Dune, Lynch's already got the author's seal of approval, and what kind of film-hater would suggest The Seventh Seal be remade?

I'm talking about Dracula Vs Frankenstein. The two films made in the early 70s were garbage. I did just find out that a New Flash Gordan is in the works but To Be Honest , I doubt its going to happen.

Max Payne - the Wahlberg movie was terrible, Though I would recommend not adapting this one at all. But since we already have a terrible adaptation. A better one would be welcome.
Also a trilogy would be fine with some sort of continuity, this way they can improve on Max Payne 2, which had a terrible storyline.

Beastmaster would be awesome, but I doubt it will work.

X-men movies- I am sure many here might like them. But I found all of them awful
& Hugh Jackman was terrible as Wolverine... Wolverine shouldn't appear like a charming gentlemen with a few extra facial hair, he should be short in stature & appear like a vicious animal.

15,000 feet above you and falling fast...
I would have to vote for "Now Voyager" as a good candidate for a remake. Maybe with Julianne Moore as Charlotte Vale. It's always been one of my favorites, I'd love to see them remake it (providing the cast is just right).

Silent hill!The movie was ok,but if youre a huge fan of silent hill,the movie lacked alot of what silent hill relly is imo.You got to play video games 1-4 to understand.
Max payne & doom couldve been alot beter also.