What Ticks You Off?

Tools    

Now With Moveable Parts
I could just sqeeze you ryan...you're way too bratty. I stick my tongue out in your general direction...

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Yeah, sades we all have seen the site and have a part in it, but we're leaving you out of it.

I know just as much as you right now sades.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Now With Moveable Parts
yeah...ok.Whatever.I still want to stick my tongue out though.

Rock God
ok, this kinda goes back to what we were talking about earlier, but i might be getting a job at blockbuster video! i MIGHT. i'm going to my interview saturday. i hope it goes well.

Good luck!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by BrodieMan
ok, this kinda goes back to what we were talking about earlier, but i might be getting a job at blockbuster video! i MIGHT. i'm going to my interview saturday. i hope it goes well.
Oh BrodieMan...we'll have to discuss this at length later.I know you relly want to change jobs...but Blockbuster? They're the enemy...you know that.*shakes head*Brodie,Brodie,Brodie...maybe you could get the job,and then sabotage them slowly...now that would be something!

Rock God
oh, i'm quite aware of how you feel about blockbuster, sades, but think about it, it's either that or i don't work at any video store at all. a video store would be an awesome place to work, period, and i just so happen to maybe get in at blockbuster.... maybe it will be cool... if not, i'll leave lol...

America bashing is starting to tick ME OFF!! I've heard almost enough of it... If I hear one more "welll maybe somehow we deserved it..." I'm gonna HULK out like Dr. David Banner and start bitin chunks outta buildings.

Speaking of, the latest "Newsweek" magazine with the series of articles on "Why They Hate Us" is really good and very informative. If you can get your hands on the article, I highly recommend it.

Sure, the U.S. has done some things that has led to resentment in the Arab world (and other places). Some of those things were necessary (we can't just give up on Israel like some in the Arab World want) or necessary at the time (supporting some bad regimes in order to achieve a larger goal). Some were likely not all that necessary (or were done in a very poor way).

But nothing we've done gets us anywhere near "We deserved it", and it's unfortunate that some people have such views of the United States and such simplistic views of foreign policy and the situation in the Arab World as to come up with the idea that we deserved it.

The world is gray. There's never a simple answer. And the problems in the Middle East are far more complicated than most people will admit. And while policymakers in the U.S. probably do need to look at the Middle East in a way different than what we usually have been, we've done nothing to "deserve" what happened in NYC, DC and Pennsylvania.

Jerry Falwell pisses me off. I just now read about that stuff he said on The 700 Club show, talking about how America "got what it deserved". He blamed the reason for the attack on the "pagans and the abortionists and the feminists and the gays and lesbians and the ACLU, anyone with an alternative lifestyle." And don't give me that crap about "well at least he apologized." Bullsh-t. I hate Jerry Falwell, and I hate how he acts like he's the final authority on Christianity. Evangelists need to stay out of politics completely.

You were SO close, Steve. I aqreed with basically everything, except for that last sentence. Religion, as much as you may want to deny it, is an important part of society, and has a direct bearing on politics. I think a more accurate way of saying it would be that idiots should stay out of politics. Falwell, unfortunately, is an intelligent, articulate man, who has some extreme views. Couple that with the inability to know when to shutup, and you've got yourself Jerry Falwell, one of those men who makes me look stupid just because I follow the same Faith that he does. Ugh.

Now With Moveable Parts
I just lost a 20 dollar bet to my dad. I bet him that Cindy Crawford, would never make another movie after that first one she did( the title escapes me..must have been memorable ) Now, I see, in my IFILM newsletter...that she is going to be in another movie. It's called The Simian Line. It's a thriller, or something. Harry Connick Jr. is in it! Why?! Argh!

Cindy Crawford's first starring role was in the Joel Silver-produced would-be romantic actioner Fair Game (1995), co-starring Billy Baldwin.

The Simian Line is a dramadey about three couples being broken up by a pair of ghosts. No, really. William Hurt and Samantha Mathis play the ghosts, Tyne Daly is a Spiritual Medium, and Crawford is paired with Jamey Sheridan (The Ice Storm, "Stephen King's The Stand", Cradle Will Rock). One of the other couples is Lynn Redgrave and Harry Connick Jr.

It debuted at The Palm Springs International Film Festival about two years ago and has finally gotten a minor independent distribution deal. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for this to show up in your local theater, but it'll be on video sometime in the future.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

a rather common perhaps, and non-movie related peeve.....but i HATE when people ram up behind my @ss in checkout lanes....be it at the grocery store, or Target, or wherever they have carts and checkout lanes....people are in such a damn hurry to put their goods on the belt......it's obnoxious, ridiculous, and i come very close to hauling off and whappn' somebody......be it an old blue hair or a mommy with three kids....unfortunately it never seems to be good looking thirty- something men.....just my luck....i get rammed by everyone else!!

i'm a tad on the grouchy side so this thread is a callin' to me...........my main gripe that occurs to me everyday....despite my attempts look at the positive and let go the negative....is as follows; moronic, insensitive drivers who fly past me (with my daughter in the jogger stroller) as i'm running. i run facing traffic as i'm supposed to, and have to, for safety....i clearly can't trust drivers.......i don't hog the road, and the way i avoid being eaten up by this recurring gripe is to focus on the good, conscientious drivers.....i nod, and give a little wave. But SO MANY drivers whiz past me....they are speeding, they don't get over into the opposite and empty lane, AND some even swerve in a little or speed up as they pass me. this is bullsh*t ! and it makes me think evil thoughts and mutter nasty words.
there are no sidewalks - and besides, if there is a sidewalk it is cement and running on the road blacktop is way better than on cement. i stay on bike paths except for where there are none. Dear Abby, what can i do?

I'm not old, you're just 12.
What ticks me off, in no particular order:

Bad movies
Pop music
George W. Bush
Comic strips in the newspaper
Racists
Religious looney toons like Jerry Falwell
Political Correctness
people who don't like Zippy the Pinhead
Ally McBeal
Joey Ramone being dead while Michael Jackson lives on
The Simpsons
People who talk during movies
People who take their kids to R rated movies
Osama Bin Laden
Having to work early in the morning
Edited Looney Toons
TV edits of classic movies
Modern Disney (Donald Duck is cool, though. He's an insane bastard.)
ED WOOD is NOT on DVD, but Dude where's My Car is
The entire Republican Party
The Democrats kinda suck too.
The fact that the world will never know how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. You'll never make it without biting!!!!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

George W. Bush

The Simpsons

People who take their kids to R rated movies

The entire Republican Party

The fact that the world will never know how many licks it takes to get to the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop. You'll never make it without biting!!!!
Dubya's the man. Sorry. Well, Reagan's the man, but he is rapidly departing, so Bush'll have to take over. The Simpsons is one of the funniest shows of all time. Did you know that The Matrix is rated R? I'd have no qualms about my 10 year old sister seeing that again. And I'm a Republican, BTW.

Sure we'll know how many licks it takes. I actually did it once. Though I think I might've been reasonable about it and decided that I was only measuring for licks until the center was exposed in some way...either way, it took me about 300.

Bad movies
Hey, I hate bad movies, too! What a coincidence. Do you like good music? How about great food? And here I thought I was the only one.

Hey, if you'll notice, I hate the democrats too.
The whole two party system is an antiquated joke. They offer the same uninspiring choices every four years, and we have to pick which one we find least offensive. Your average American has no hope of being president despite the fact it's a constitutional right. It's all about money and who you know. It's a shame no other parties have either come up with any inspiring candidates or appeal to anyone other than fringe loonies. I honestly hope that in the next election there is somebody to vote FOR instead of AGAINST. On a side note, for all I know, George W. Bush might be a good guy, but he's just not a very good president, in my opinion. For example, he continues the corporate welfare program by giving out huge relief checks to people like Enron and the Airlines while there are people in this country who don't even have clean water to drink, or any health insurance. His Tax refund checks gave most of the surplus to the richest ten percent while the rest of us got a mere 300 dollars each. Is that fair? Doubtful. Ah but I'm ranting again. Damn idealism. Wanting to live in a country where everyone is treated equally. That's anti-Capitalist thinking! Well, gotta go to work and make my boss richer while I barely scrape by! Thanks, Dubya!

I don't care about your political views, but saying The Simpsons is bad is just wrong.

Oh well. The Simpsons just aren't funny currently. They used to kick major ***, but they aren't as good as they were 3 years ago. Let me amend myself:

CURRENT Simpsons episodes tick me off. (I mean in one episode, Homer got sodomized by a panda. how is that supposed to be funny?)