Movie Tab

Tools    

Bowfinger
"The white man gets all the best catchphrases!"

Third time I've seen it. Vastly underrated flick. Laughed my a** off:

"Happy premise #3: Even though I feel like I might ignite, I probably won't."
"...cash, every movie costs $2,184."
"But I have to show it to the Laker Girls."
"No showing it to the Laker Girls. I know you want to show it to the Laker Girls, but you must not show it to the Laker Girls."
"Would you be willing to cut your hair?"
"Well, yeah, but it would probably be better if someone else did it. I've had a few... accidents."

Back with a bang!
I watched Tommy Boy this morning after reading so many good tings about it here at MoFo. It was good.

Oh, and Mary, is your new occupation (or whatever the text above the avatar is called) based on the infamous Ilsa? Terrible movie btw

Morbida
Last night ~~~ Death Race 2000, The GodSon, then fell asleep to Pink Floyd the Wall ~~but that is a everynight movie

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Vanilla Sky
"I good you bid night"
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

spud, it's "i good you bid evening." get it right.

About a Boy
"No, I really am this shallow"

Originally posted by Steve
spud, it's "i good you bid evening." get it right.
Well sorrrrrry.. I got blown away by how twisted the movie was I didn't remember the exact wording. It shall never happen again.

Originally posted by Yoda
Some of The Mothman Prophecies (second time). What a creepy movie.
I rented it, but gonna watch it with the girlfriend tomorrow night.

I watched Training Day for a second time, third if you count the time I watched it with the commentary turned on.

Morbida
Chasing Amy again......I need to stop watching Kevin Smith movies

Now With Moveable Parts
High Fidelity.
It makes me laugh, cry and think.
Plus, it has the best deleted scenes ever. Every single one of them should have made it to the movie. My favorite deleted scene is Sonic Death Monkey. Oh, and Theives.

The Gweat and Tewwible
Sense and Sensibility....

Candy: "Hugh Grant has improved since he lost the flop"
Edina: "Liz Hurley?"
Candy: "No, his hair."

Originally posted by Vetinari
Oh, and Mary, is your new occupation (or whatever the text above the avatar is called) based on the infamous Ilsa? Terrible movie btw
Yuppers. We were talking about it the other day, although I can't for the life of me remember how in the hell we got around to that particular movie. It was sooo bad, but downright hilarious if you watch it with the right people.

Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS. Christ almighty. I've been looking for the "sequel," Ilsa, Harem Keeper of the Oil Sheiks, but can't find it anywhere. I wonder why that is...

High Fidelity.
It makes me laugh, cry and think.
Absolutely, girlfriend--and the DVD does rock the house. Sonic Death Monkey! I'm buying this as soon as the ol' summer financial aid rolls in... which is soon. Soon.

Everytime I see the title, it always makes me think of the Don Cheadle line from Boogie Nights:

"This is hi-fi. High fidelity. What that means is that it's the highest quality fidelity."

Another DVD I need to own... I hate being poor. And white. And trash.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Mary Loquacious

... I hate being poor. And white. And trash.
I love you, girl. You bust me up!
*wiping away tears* Damn, someone buy her a drink. No Coors Light!

american pie and american pie 2
both the best comedy films ever they are truly unbetable!

They're ubeatable are they!? Oh I beg to differ. Ever heard of Airplane!? Or how bout The Naked Gun?

Watched The Mothman Prophecies... freaky movie.

The wonders of physical unwellness:

Family Reunion: A Relative Nightmare
"I can just feel the love."

Little Nicky
"Ozzy!!"

Charlies Angels
"This Charlie's a girl right?"

A sickness-induced bad judgement call:

I had a raging case of the flu last year--took me two weeks to shake it. And during that time, I decided to watch The 10th Kingdom. It was unbearable, even with liberal amounts of NyQuil. But I kept going, watched the entire thing, 'cause there was really nothing else to do when I was home alone for the entire day.

Pathetic.

We watched Little Big Man tonight--I'd never seen it before. There's a great quote I want to put on here from it, but it's complicated, so I'll have to re-watch that part. I'm too tired tonight... Finally tired. I can go to bed now. Huzzah!

I love Little Big Man, I've seen it literally dozens of times.

Which quote are you thinking of? Some of Custer's twisted logic, especially about 'the Mule Skinner' being a "perfect inverse barometer"? Maybe some of Grandftaher's pearls of wisdom ("Sometimes the magic works, sometimes it does not")? Maybe Little Big Man's good fortune when he admits "I have one horse and four wives"? What about Mr. Merryweather's eternal optomism ("You don't know when you're licked!")? So many, many wonderful moments and lines. A true masterpiece, one of my all-time favorites.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra