Law Abiding Citizen - SPOILER

→ in
Tools    

It's a fairly weak film, imo. The idea of the corrupt justice system seems very lazily handled, as is the Butler character's transformation into a lunatic. Butler is also a big problem. He never convinces as the avenger and has little to no screen presence. Jamie Foxx just phoned it in, too. Only plus side is it has some surprisingly violent scenes.

Just watched this movie and thought I would look to see if anyone said anything about it. I'm surprised so many of you actually liked it. For one the whole justice system doesn't work theme is completely smeared in your face in this, too the point of being obnoxious. Guess no one heard of being subtle, or symbolism.

Not to mention the whole story is just so absurd and far fetched. That is one of my big turnoffs with movies, something happening so absurd it just takes me out of a movie, you have to keep everything with a sense of realism for me. It's not a rule set in stone for me, I'm willing to suspend belief if executed well enough. However, to be nice, this was not.

Also the violence just seemed mindless and unnecessary for me.
WARNING: "LAC spoilers below" spoilers below
What where the killers motives for killing Butler's family? Where they just robbing them? Felt like they should have dove more into that aspect of the story.

It was a stinker too me, I was not emotionally involved in it at all. Kind of mad because I bought it on blu ray. It was marked at 5 then rang up for 9 at Wally World. Oh well live and learn don't trust people's movies taste when you know it sucks!

I'd give it a 1.5/5

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

I thought it had a lot of steam through the first two acts and faltered in the third. Overall I liked it but ultimately it's forgettable.