Mouthgasms for MoFo foodies

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Yum. Kimchi lovers of the world unite, El.

The only cure when you wake up at stupid o'clock to find you're out of coffee. Great kickstarter

Sticking with the green theme, today's brunch. I have two lovely bunches of asparagus, verjuice, olive oil, cracked black pepper and himalayan salt. Sadly, no egg, but I dont think that will bother me.

Sticking with the green theme, today's brunch. I have two lovely bunches of asparagus, verjuice, olive oil, cracked black pepper and himalayan salt. Sadly, no egg, but I dont think that will bother me.
I have eggs, but sadly no asparagus

Asparagus with verjuice, olive oil, black pepper and himalayan salt sounds nice. I sometimes just steam asparagus and eat it with sesame oil+maggi sauce.

I'm having some watercress salad instead.

(google pic)

My attempt at sunrise pizza:

Next time I'll get rid of the egg white to make it neater. It ran all over my oven

That looks pretty, El. Shame about the mess it made.
Loving the look of the salad as well.

The asparagus was excellent. I love verjuice, especially the prticular brand I buy made by a well known chefy here who I just adore. Older lady and so so sweet.

I could eat this right now.

Thanks Stirchley!

That looks pretty, El. Shame about the mess it made.
Loving the look of the salad as well.

The asparagus was excellent. I love verjuice, especially the prticular brand I buy made by a well known chefy here who I just adore. Older lady and so so sweet.
You got me really interested in that verjuice. I don't think I've seen it in my local store, but I'll keep it in my checklist.

Thanks Stirchley!

You got me really interested in that verjuice. I don't think I've seen it in my local store, but I'll keep it in my checklist.
made from unfermented grapes. Excellent in salad dressings and de glazing. I'll use it for brunch to deglaze after sauteeing mushrooms this morning

I found the leeks cooked in verjuice too sweet for my delicate self. Will go back to cooking asparagus in it, thanks to Maggie Beer (photo above), everyone's grandma in the kitchen. So cute. I wasnt aware until you said you couldnt find verjuice in france but discovered Maggie was the first person to distill verjuice. Bless her. Every time I cook with it for breakfast Mr D thinks I'm sneaking a white wine for my morning bevie. LOL.

I had no idea just how huge pig culture was in US until this high energy cutie hit our food network. i mean ofcourse americans like their bacon but every show of his is about BBQ pork. I'm too precious for the smell of pig cooking because it's so fatty and stinky, but hooley dooley yanks sure know how to make perfect crackling. Maybe some kind samaritan will teach my MIL.

Is this what americans would label their national dish? Ours is 'feed the man lamb'. Also fatty and stinky. I BBQ'd a leg of spring lamb the other week slow greek style (might do it again tonight). Could eat it with a spoon. Sublime, and the skin was so salty and crisp[. Authentic greek salad coming up.

I had no idea just how huge pig culture was in US until this high energy cutie hit our food network. i mean ofcourse americans like their bacon but every show of his is about BBQ pork. I'm too precious for the smell of pig cooking because it's so fatty and stinky, but hooley dooley yanks sure know how to make perfect crackling. Maybe some kind samaritan will teach my MIL.
Oh, I love pork, Dani. In BBQ or in sautée, caramelized, boiled, fried, stewed, stuffed, mixed, that's out national meat. For us Vietnamese, pork is the meat that doesn't smell after cooking, while beef or lamb is. At least, a good pork wouldn't. But if you eat meat from a pig that was raised badly, it smells bad indeed.

Oh, I love pork, Dani. In BBQ or in sautée, caramelized, boiled, fried, stewed, stuffed, mixed, that's out national meat. For us Vietnamese, pork is the meat that doesn't smell after cooking, while beef or lamb is. At least, a good pork wouldn't. But if you eat meat from a pig that was raised badly, it smells bad indeed.

LOL. I'm delicate in the kitchen, El. My Japanese friends find piggy too stinky as well. Pigs eat poopoo so makes sense to me they smell a wee bit. I just get a bit delicate as I get older. My stomach doesnt handle all aromas. I'm even finding the smell of coffee brewing a bit too much these days and I used to live on that.

I'm having a beefsteak with stir-fry vegetables tonight:

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

Is this what americans would label their national dish? Ours is 'feed the man lamb'. Also fatty and stinky. I BBQ'd a leg of spring lamb the other week slow greek style (might do it again tonight). Could eat it with a spoon. Sublime, and the skin was so salty and crisp[. Authentic greek salad coming up.
Pork is for sure the food of the south in one way or another. Different regions fight over the technique of cooking ribs to football bowl game levels of competition. Southern traditional foods are always cooked with a bit of pork for flavor. Peas, lima beans, greens, you name it, if it's cooked in a southern grandma kitchen, it at least has bacon in it too.

That pic of yours reminds me of my grandparent's 4th of July celebrations back when I was a kid. They owned a farm with like 80 acres or more. Every 4th, they would invite distant relatives, church-goers, and local community people to their property to share the day. Everyone would bring a huge covered dish and we'd set up like 6 tables to place all the food onto. Papa (grand dad) built a large rotisserie type of setup out of two large steel drums. It was large enough to spear an entire pig for over night smoking. They would cook 10 chickens then use the meat to make chicken bbq, and one year they even smoked a goat.

Pork, though, is the foundation for southern cooking. If you don't get grease stains on your shirt sleeve elbows from leaning on a table, you're not doing it right.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Ha. I would love to go to a get together like that. So community minded. Do oldies get drunk and hve punch ups?

I require some inspiration for a special brunch today. My cooking goddess ran away some time ago.

Meanwhile, back to the think tank.

https://www.facebook.com/JungleFoodE...4261342284125/

Pizza! Or the Turkish bread that you like so much. Then 2 or 3 different kinds of salads, that shouldn't take too much of time. Some express grilled meat and grilled eggplant + capsicum, you can't go wrong with that. Good bread and 10 different types of cheese then we're already good to go.

LOL my stomach is screaming at the idea of 10 slabs of cheese, but still doable. Thanks, El.

I was actually hatching a dastardly plan for a turkish banquet for dinner. Still undecided on brunch - been off my chaff for three weeks which is sad. Woke up at 1am dreaming about pho the other morning. Managed one mouthful. First world problems are the pits.

This might just do nobody any good.
On the subject of cannibalism -

Maybe not these...