Hollywood Exodus

Tools    

I was wondering what everyone thought of the industry moving out of Hollywood? Is it a good idea, bad idea, pointless? Will a studio have succes if not based in Hollywood? If so, where do you think the next likely place is to be the center of the idustry? What about film schools and their connections with the industry?

FYI- there has already been a huge explosion of talent in the San Francisco Bay Area with people like George Lucas and ILM, Pixar, Distant Thunder Films, the SFSU Filmschool, Academy of Arts SF Film School, and Arts Institue Films chools(some already being compared to USC or UCLA with refrences to their connections with the industry)

i think the exodus it GREAT...but that's only because more and more films will be made in Australia ...the Matrix films and Phantom Menace were made in Sydney..that's just off the top of my head...i think there have been more

New Zealand is another place that I have heard is really getting its share of the industry. Lord of the Rings was filmed there, I know. And another counrty that holds my interest as far as getting away from Hollywood is concerned is India!