Pixar's Brave

Tools    

When someone asks you if you're a God, you say YES!!
Anyone seen the teaser trailer for Pixar's Brave yet? It' here in case you haven't . . .

I am not looking forward to Cars 2, but I am a big Pixar fan. This seems like somewhat of a departure from their usual stuff, though clearly still Pixar. There's not a lot here, but there is a lot to like. Any thoughts?

From what I've heard, it's going to be a bit darker than normal Pixar movies and that is evident just from the little bit of footage here. I also like that there is a heroine instead of a hero. Very different, very cool, and especially for Pixar. I am really looking forward to this so far.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
This is the first I've heard of it. Looks like it has the possibility to be really, really good. It certainly looks pretty. The horse and bear were impressive. I'm excited.

Looks terrible.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
It looks ok, certainly a change of pace, but I hope Cars 2 hasn't signalled that Pixar, as much I love the studio, is slipping in it's quality and entertainment. I liked Cars 2, but it's by far Pixar's clumsiest and weakest work to date. Hope I'm proved wrong.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Looks cool, and I really want to believe this will be awesome, but there's going to be the obligatory comedy relief characters and such that always ruin animated films these days, I just know it.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Looks cool, and I really want to believe this will be awesome, but there's going to be the obligatory comedy relief characters and such that always ruin animated films these days, I just know it.
Yeah, but if they're anything like Rex or Mike Wazowski, they won't ruin it. I can see where you're coming from though.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I'd watch a movie that has the tone of that trailer, no questions asked. But you never see that. Some animated films have no idea what tone even is. I mean Pixar kinda does, The Incredibles is always a fun superhero farce, there's never anything that violates that at any point, but then it seems like most animated films get afraid that drama might bore the kiddies, so bring in the talking gargoyles with celebrity voices or whatever.

There are those who call me...Tim.
It's nice to see a female character in an animated film who isn't a princess or an over compensating "strong, foxy" lady.

It's about time really.

At least that's the impression I get from that trailer, it could be completely different when we see more of it.

From what I've read, Brave is going to be a little darker and different from the Pixar movies of the past. Certainly will not be Cars 2-esque. I agree that there are some question marks, but from all appearances it looks great and it is an original story with a compelling female protagonist.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Been really interested in this since first hearing of it a couple of years ago (back when it was called The Bear and the Bow). Looks a bit different from most Pixar, more of a European/Brothers Grimm fariytale.

But I'm already incredibly excited for this as I adore Pixar, and as a Scot I'm really curious about the Scottish angle to it. I feared it might go a bit Brigadoon with the accents and stuff but with a heavy dose of Scottish talent (Kelly McDonald, Billy Connolly, Craig Ferguson, Kevin McKidd etc) that fear has been allayed. And it looks beautiful

I have to say I'm not too excited about this one, but I'll definitely watch it. Not sure if I'd bother without Pixar behind it, though.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
i've learned to stop judging things based on a trailer. or at least try. i'm still all giddy from the Dragon Tat/Fincher trailer.

i've learned to stop judging things based on a trailer. or at least try. i'm still all giddy from the Dragon Tat/Fincher trailer.
That was definitely a good one. Excited for that movie.