Album Collection w/ Commentary

Tools    

Let's post our album collection.

Warning-This is quite long.

Additionally, I decided to stop listing my classical albums because I don't feel qualified to comment on them.

I've left off quite a few albums for numerous reasons.

Air-Moon Safari

I just got this for christmas. Wow, what an experience. Really has solidified my opinion of the band. I can't think of a single song that really stood out among the others as of yet. I'll have to listen more.

Alice in Chains-Dirt

I used to be a big Alice in Chains fan, now I find Dirt almost unlistenable, their Self-Titles edeavor absolutely horrendous, and Jar of Flies barely listenable. Dirt is not a bad album, but I definitely overplayed it. It walks a fine line between poetic depth and shallow whining. Eh. If you think you might enjoy Alice in Chains, probably the album to start with.

Alice in Chains-Jar of Flies

Catchy little album. I think Nutshell is an all right song, but it's almost the beginning of the end for Layne. The lyrics have taken the dive overboard on this album and occasionally are nothing more than whining. Don't Follow is very strong, probably edges out I Stay Away as the best song on the album.

Alice in Chains-Alice in Chains

Utter ****.

The Beatles

I started writing thoughts about each individual album, only to realize there was no way in hell I could come up with anything about them that hasn’t already been said about a million times. Abbey Road is my favorite. Big surprise, eh?

The Beatles-Rubber Soul

The Beatles-Revolver

The Beatles-Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

The Beatles-Magical Mystery Tour

The Beatles-The White Album

The Beatles-Abbey Road

The Beatles-Let it be

Beck-Odelay

Man, I've been listening to this album frequently since about seventh grade. I sometimes astound myself when I can't help but sing along to more than half the songs. Excellent, excellent album. Still Beck's best.

Beck-Sea Change

It’s initial effect has worn off of me. There are some genuinely magnificent songs on there, along with a few filler tracks. Not the album to me now that it was about a year ago. Still a nice little album, either way.

Beethoven- Triple Concerto(Richter, Oistrakh, Rostropovich/Karajan)

I am the least qualified person in the world to talk about classical music. So I’ll chicken out and, well, not talk about it. I win.

Bjork-Debut

Great CD. Not her best, but it was where I started with her, and holds sentimental value. Stand out track-Human Behavior.

Bjork-Post

Probably my favorite. Homogenic runs close, but I just simply never get sick of Post as a whole. I've effectively overdosed on Hyper-Ballad and It's Oh So Quiet. Stand out Tracks are Hyper-Ballad and Possibly Maybe.

Bjork-Homogenic

Very strong and emotional album, and definitely addicting. I listened to it pretty obsessively for a while. Probably her most mature work yet, but I still prefer Post. Stand out track ALlis Full of Love

Bjork-Vespertine

Solid album. Of the 4 I own, definitely the weakest. I still pop it in every once in a while when I feel like something different from her. Stand out track-Unison.

Blind Melon-Classic Masters

Uninventive pop fake-grunge fluff. But I sure as hell enjoy it. I can't make myself dislike Blind Melon, no matter how uncreative and almost bland they sound. Classic Masters was my entry level CD to them, I must have gotten it about 5 years ago. Good started CD, though none of their work is even remotely difficult

Blind Melon-Nico

Pretty "meh" album overall, though songs like Glitch and All That I Need lead me to believe Shannon had something left up his sleeve before he died. I wouldn't particularly recommend this album, unless you really enjoy Blind Melon.

David Byrne and Brian Eno-My life in the Bush of Ghosts

I still find this to be a rather difficult album, no matter how many times I listen to it. Extremely eccentric, it'll probably hit me eventually. Right now, I don't listen to it, really.

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds-Best Of

Unbelievably cool album. Wow. I really, really am desperate to find more Nick Cave, and all I have seen is Nocturama, which I hear is so-so. God this album is cool though. Where the Wild Roses Grow with Kylie Minogue is magnificent, along with The Mercy Seat and From Her to Eternity. Great, great, great album.

The Clash-London Calling

The Clash’s definitive album. I don’t pretend to know what The Clash is about, to know what the political situation was when they hit the scene, or to really know a damn about punk, but I definitely enjoy this album. Jimmy Jazz should be the first song heard off of it.

Elvis Costello-When I Was Cruel

Quite a nice return to form for Costello. It ranks pretty high on my all time favorites from him, it’s a shame he went out and re-sullied his image seemingly immediately after it’s release with North. Oh well. Elvis Costello really is brilliant, but he needs to release fewer albums.

Bob Dylan-Bob Dylan

Not his best, definitely worthy of ownership though. Since it’s his earliest, it’s quite obviously his folkiest. A collection of enjoyable, if somewhat unambitious acoustic folk songs from Dylan.

Bob Dylan-The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan

More often than not, my absolute favorite album from Dylan. Very simplistic, very rootsy, but just hearing the original version of Blowin’ in the Wind is such an experience. The true pinnacle of the album is Don’t Think Twice, It’s Alright.

Bob Dylan-The Times They Are A-Changing

Another nice and folky album from Dylan. All of his first 4 albums are very consistent, but they rarely have songs of true perfection. A fun little album, no doubt.

Bob Dylan-Another Side of Bob Dylan

Ditto, more or less. This is close to his end of his really simplistic acoustic songs though.

Bob Dylan-Bringing it All Back Home

Lyrical perfection. Bob Dylan was never stronger lyrically than he is on this album. There are so many songs that have lyrics that stand out, it’s unbelievable. Subterranean Homesick Blues, Mr. Tambourine Man, It’s Alright Ma(I’m Only Bleeding), It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue. Must own album.

Bob Dylan-Highway 61 Revisited

Not as strong lyrically as Bringing it all Back Home, but an absolutely wonderful album nonetheless. The music here is probably the best he ever did. Stand out track is Desolation Row

Bob Dylan-Blonde on Blonde

The epitome of a post-folk Dylan album. Inconsistent, but when it strikes, it strikes hard. Visions of Johanna and Stuck Inside of Mobile with the Memphis Blues Again and Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands all are absolute perfection. However, there’s some definite mediocre filler on there.

Bob Dylan-John Wesley Harding

Much different than the previous three albums, this one has a pretty distinctive country tinge to it. Not a bad album, definitely worth a listen.

Bob Dylan-Blood on the Tracks

Great, great, great, great album. Preceded by a few mediocre albums, and followed by a slew of mediocre albums, Blood on the Tracks really stands out. His “heartbreak” album, as it’s commonly referred to as. Standout song-Lily, Rosemary, and the Jack of Hearts.

Bob Dylan-Time out of Mind

A definite return to form for Dylan. Here, there’s almost a complete lack of the optimism that once infused his songs. We see Dylan as bitter and resentful of the world, and we love every second of it. Musically, it’s his best since Highway 61 Revisited. Lyrically, it can get a little melodramatic, but still pretty well done overall. One of my favorite albums of the nineties.

Bootleg series:

They are all pretty equal to me. Royal Albert Hall would most likely edge out the others, but they all successfully captured Dylan in his prime.

Bob Dylan-Bootleg Series Vol. 4:Royal Albert Hall Concert 1966

Bob Dylan-Bootleg series Vols. 1-3

Bob Dylan-Bootleg Series Vol. 5:Rolling Thunder Revue

The Flaming Lips-The Soft Bulletin

Take a trip down memory lane. This is my personal summer album. I can’t even count how many times I’ve listened to it. Stand out tracks-Waitin for a Superman, Feelin Yourself Disintegrate.

The Flaming Lips-Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots

Not one the level of The Soft Bulletin, but would be untouchable by just about any other band. What is it about Wayne Coyne that makes him able to say the most sappy and lame things without me so much as even thinking twice? Stand out track-Ego-Tripping at the Gates of Hell

Guns N’ Roses- Appetite for Destruction

I went through a long and arduous GnR phase. I wouldn’t say I’m ashamed of it now, but I definitely don’t feel the same about them anymore. God, they were so cool back in those days though. Slash and Axl… could you find cooler names? Stand out track-Mr. Bownstone

Guns N’ Roses-Use Your Illusion I and II

They tried WAY ****ing too hard with this album to top Appetite, and they failed. They really dipped into some retarded sentimentality here, though some tracks still held the supreme coolness that I so desperately loved. Stand out track-You could be Mine.

Guns N’ Roses- G N’ R Lies

A fun album, although their most offensive. Has a certain comedic value to it. Stand out track-One in a Million.

Interpol-Turn on the Bright Lights

Whoa. I just adore this album. The common comparison to Joy Division is pretty far off. The singers have similar voices, that’s about it. I’ve listened to this album a fairly large amount, and hold it as the best thing to come out of 2002. Stand out track-NYC

Joy Division-Substance

Quite a good entry level album. Overall, it’s unsatisfying, especially compared to Closer. It’s nowhere near as dark as Closer, either. Stand out track-Love Will Tear Us Apart

Joy Division-Closer

A harrowingly dark and beautiful album, I was almost taken aback the first time I heard it. It took me countless recommendations from Ryan before I finally bought it, but it certainly is worthy of the praise heaped upon it. Absolute classic, by all definitions of the word.

Led Zeppelin- I

Zep’s second best. Probably one of the strongest debut albums you’ll find. I remember first hearing this album, way way back in sixth grade. Some of my favorites still reside hear. There are so many standout tracks on this album, it almost seems pointless to list them. But I will anyway… Babe I’m Gonna Leave You, Good Times Bad Times, Communication Breakdown, I can’t Quit You Baby, and on and on and on.

Led Zeppelin –II

It’s hard to write anything about Zep’s first 4 records, they were all so perfect. I think if I had to choose one band to take with me to a desert isle, it would be Zep. II is yet another flawless album with nonstop solid tracks. Whole Lotta Love, What is and What Should Never Be, The Lemon Song, again, I could go on and on. Flawless.

Led Zeppelin – III

Here is my personal favorite. I remember I saw Vic saying he heard hints of the pretension that would come after IV on this album. I don’t know if I completely agree with that, but I can see where he is coming from. Stand out tracks-Immigrant Song, Since I’ve Been Loving You, Bron-Y-Aur Stomp and on and on.

Led Zeppelin – IV

Not much to say about this one. Everyone knows it. Stand out tracks-the obvious ones, though Going To California can’t get enough praise.

Led Zeppelin Latter Day purchases:

I liked all their latter day stuff, but they never really seemed to quite capture the appeal of the first four albums. There were some brilliant track scattered among the next albums, I’ll list a few. I don’t see any reason to do little synopsis on these albums:

Over The Hills and Far Away

No Quarter

Trampled Underfoot

Kashmir

Etc etc, you’ve certainly seen and heard all these before

Albums:

Houses of the Holy

Physical Graffiti

Presence

In Through the Out Door

Coda

Led Zeppelin-How the West Was Won

Whoa. If there was anything in the world that could possibly make me love Zeppelin more than I did, it was a live triple album. Every song on here stands out. It is just simply un****ing believable on the whole. This is what a live album should be like.

Lost in Translation-OST

The return of Kevin Shields. Somehow, I was left a little underwhelmed, although the CD is fantastic either way. City Girl is rather simple, but I find it addicting. I listen to it quite frequently, and find myself humming along 90% of the time. The only song I dislike on the CD is Phoenix’s Too Young. God damn does that suck annoy the hell out of me.

The Mars Volta-Tremulant EP

Great EP. Overpriced, but a really great EP. Really gave me a lot of hope for what Mars Volta was capable of.

The Mars Volta-De-Loused in the Comatorium

Removed all hope that Tremulant gave me. Wow, was this disappointing. I guess it's not the worst attempt they could have come up with, but it's pretty damn close. Horrible solos, a complete lack of melody, and basically falls into every pitfall of progrock imaginable. Bad, bad album.

Mogwai-Young Team

There’s no doubting it’s inconsistency, but the strong tracks on here make it all worth it. There’s definite filler material, but anyone who doesn’t ****ing love Mogwai Fear Satan is not to be trusted. Ever.

My Bloody Valentine-Isn’t Anything?

A solid album, though doesn’t even compare to Loveless. Still, you can see some where MBV was coming from before they arrived and delivered one of the definitive albums of all time. Stand out Track-Lose my Breath.

My Bloody Valentine-Loveless

A ****ing classic, through and through. One beautiful album, from start to finish. It’s confusing and difficult at first, definitely, but it’s so damn gorgeous. I still remember everything about my first listen of it about 5 months ago. A good sound system helps, but is not necessary. To Here Knows When and Loomer are my favorites.

Nas-Illmatic

As I’ve stated before, by far my favorite rap album. I know it’s overhyped, and overpraised, etc etc. I just love it. Stand out track- The World is Yours.

Nirvana-Nevermind

Eh. It’s the universally accepted definitive nineties album, it seems. A big giant “meh” to that. It’s in no way a bad album, in fact it’s quite outstanding, but I wouldn’t even call it Nirvana’s best, and it wouldn’t even approach my top ten of the nineties. Stand out track-Lounge Act

Nirvana-In Utero

My personal preference for Nirvana albums. I’ll freely admit that I don’t like Nirvana much, but this is just a great angsty grunge album. Pearl Jam in all their years never could quite get the whole angst thing down like Kurt did. Stand out track-Rape Me.

Outkast-Aquemini

Wonderfully catchy and poppy rap album. Very easy to enjoy yourself, and easy to play for others since it tends to be so agreeable. A definite great place to start with Outkast.

Jimmy Page/Robert Plant-Walking in Clarksdale

This one didn’t seem to be particularly well received album, but I loved it nonetheless. Obviously, it doesn’t even begin to approach Led Zeppelin, but it’s a pretty good standalone album. Standout track-Walking into Clarskdale.

Pavement-Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

Really, really poppy stuff. It maintains an edge though, even with it's somewhat radio-friendly nature. The stand out track is Elevate me Later.

The Pixies-Surfer Rosa

Ah, if there’s one band I physically can’t imagine disliking, it’s the Pixies. Everything about them is so much fun and so easy to get in to. Nirvana’s sound pretty blatantly came from them, though I’m not going to get into one of those whole “Nirvana were a bunch of talent less hacks” rhetoric that is quite common. Stand out track-Where is my Mind? Also one of the greatest songs ever.

The Pixies-Doolittle

Again, I can’t praise the Pixies enough. The thought of them reuniting gives me mixed emotions. One the one hand, I’d be able to see one of my favorite bands of all time live. On the other, they would never touch what they accomplished on Doolittle. There are so many standouts on this CD. My personal favorite? Hey

The Pixies-Trompe Le Monde

It’s no Surfer Rosa and definitely no Doolittle, but still a very good album. Stand out track-Planet of Sound.

Pink Floyd-The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

The only album I own with Syd Barret still on it. Has some great gems on there, and has an interesting sound overall. It would have been interesting to see if Floyd would have gone the same direction had Barret stayed around. Standout Track-The Scarecrow.

Pink Floyd-Meddle

Great album. A tad bit overrated, but it’s hard not to over praise Pink Floyd. Stand out track- Echoes

Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

My God, do I remember my first listen of this album. I was high. It was a few years ago. It was beautiful. It still is. One big piece of cohesive perfection. From the opening beats of Speak to Me/Breathe till it ends with Eclipse, I promise you will be captivated. There are no stand out tracks. It is all one piece of beauty.

Pink Floyd-Wish You Were Here

Another classic album from a band I adore. Everyone should hear the song Wish You Were Here at least once in their life, it should be a law. All the other tracks are strong, and Shine on You Crazy Diamond holds a couple amazingly cool guitar riffs.

Pink Floyd-Animals

Very dark. Very amazing. This album is just perfection for me. I can’t even count how many times I’ve heard it. I’m sorry, but is there a Floyd song cooler than Pigs(Three Different Ones)? Not that any of the other songs aren’t flawless, but Pigs just transcends the CD.

Pink Floyd-The Wall

Meh. I just don’t enjoy this album. I can see why some would enjoy it, but I find it almost unlistenable. Just not my CD I suppose.

Queen-Classic Queen

I believe this is a greatest hits album. *Shrug*. I’ve had it as long as I can remember. Not much to say about a band like this. Everyone knows them, and knows most all of their songs. Stand out track-Uhh, Bohemian Rhapsody?

Radiohead-Pablo Honey

Meh. Too grungy and unambitious for my tastes. Anyone Can Play Guitar is the only song I can think of that stands out.

Radiohead-The Bends

More on the way of what I love about Radiohead, but still not quite there. Lot’s of stand out tracks here. It definitely is a far cry from a masterpiece though. Standout tracks-Street Spirit, Bullet Proof…I Wish I was, Fake Plastic Trees.

Radiohead-OK Computer

No words I could utter about this album could EVER do it justice. Go out, buy it now, and listen to it. This album can not be talked about, only listened to. It has no weak links. It is absolutely one of my alltime favorite CDs. What Radiohead did here was make THE 90’s album. It is a must own.

Radiohead-Kid A

A good album, I can’t imagine how hard it is to follow something like OK Computer. Plenty of standout tracks inhabit this one, but is no masterpiece, similar to The Bends. Motion Picture Soundtrack, Idioteque, National Anthem, How to Disappear Completely are all must hears.

Radiohead-Amnesiac

A collection of songs recorded during the Kid A sessions, this album seems a little uneven at points. And, as I’ve said before, I tend not to be a fan of Radiohead’s political songs, and this one houses quite a few. Pyramid Song and Knives Out are the standout tracks.

Radiohead-Hail to the Thief

It’s certainly a great album, and definitely one of the best of 2003. Really insured that Thom knew what he was doing, although he fell into his annoying political pitfalls occasionally. There, There, Scatterbrain, and 2+2=5 give me hope that Thom & co are as brilliant as I give them credit for.

Paul Simon-Graceland

My parents always had me listen to this album as a kid. I sort of forgot about it, and then rediscovered it around when I was 15. Any album that can hold the same appeal to young child as it can to a grown adult, is unquestionably a masterpiece. Stand out track-Diamonds on the Souls of Her Shoes.

Simon and Garfunkel-The Sounds of Silence

An Inconsistent album, though it strikes some powerful chords when it hits. Everyone has probably heard the Sound of Silence, but it’s too great of a song not to be heard more.

The Smashing Pumpkins-Siamese Dream

I just don’t like Billy Corgan, I suppose. His “poetic” lyrics do nothing for me. His guitar works is quite terrific at points, but on the whole, I find him pretentious. Siamese Dream, however, does everything right. He keeps his high school poetry to a minimum, and cranks out some great tunes.

The Smashing Pumpkins-Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

Yuck. Very yuck. This epitomizes everything I dislike about Billy Corgan. Really, really bad album. Really bad.

Elliot Smith-Either/Or

Smith's most advanced and most accomplished album. Choosing to play all the instruments himself, Smith puts together a surprisingly strong blend of poppish artsiness. Definitely a must own for anyone who at least half liked Miss Misery from Good Will Hunting. Stand out track - 2:45 A.M.

Elliot Smith-XO

I believe this was his major label debut, I'd need to check up on that. A warm collection of indie acoustic songs that are hard to dislike. A pretty good display of talent from Smith, though not quite on the level of Either/Or, at least in my opinion.

The Smiths-The Queen is Dead

Great and wonderful poppy album. Just music that is incredibly easy to listen to, which some wonderful lyrical additions by Morrisey. I don’t find the album as depressing as it is supposed to be, but it definitely has a melancholy feel. Standout track-Cemetary Gates.

The Smiths-Strangeways, Here We Come

Once again, there’s not much to say about The Smiths. You like them or ya don’t. Stand out track-I started Something I Couldn’t Finish.

The Smiths-Meat is Murder

Eh. A tad weaker than the other albums I own from them. Stand out track-How Soon is Now?

The Smiths-The World Won’t Listen

A nice little imported collection of B sides from The Smiths. It’s not groundbreaking, but nice once in a while. Stand out track-Panic.

Sonic Youth-Daydream Nation

Is it possible to dislike Teenage Riot? I would hope not. A classic, not much to say about it. Check out just about any song off it, they are equally strong.

Sonic Youth-Goo

A poppy and fun effort following Daydream Nation. Easy to listen to, but obviously nothing compared to Daydream. Stand out track-Mote.

The Stone Roses-Second Coming

I have yet to hear this one.

Talking Heads- Talking Heads 77’

A wonderful debut album. I’ve always felt it had their most distinct punk sound in it. Not their best, but a great album, and a great entry level album. Standout track-Psycho Killer.

Talking Heads-More Songs About Buildings and Food

What an album. Just absolutely incredible. It really never lets up with the strong tracks. This is the first album Brian Eno coproduced on. You can definitely hear it. The album sounds more conventional in a way than 77’, but I wouldn’t hesitate to call it better. Stand out track- Thank You for Sending Me an Angel.

Talking Heads-Fear of Music

My absolute favorite. A definite departure from their sound once again, but still manages to sound like the Talking Heads we know and love. Byrne seems to change on this album, I’m not quite sure why. He just seems different than he was previously. Stand out tracks-Life During Wartime and Heaven.

Talking Heads-Stop Making Sense

This was my entry into Talking Heads. Great, great live album, featuring a really good upbeat version of Psycho Killer. The real stand out track here is Naïve Melody, however.

The Velvet Underground-The Velvet Underground and Nico

What hasn’t been said about this album? It’s pinnacle VU. Produced by Andy Warhol, this album is absolutely amazing. Stand out tracks-All Tomorrow’s Parties, Heroin, Sunday Morning.

The Velvet Underground-White Light/White Heat

This album hasn’t “hit” me yet. It’s good, but I’ve been told by many a people that it is the beautiful piece of cohesive art, and I just don’t hear it. Stand out track-Sister Ray.

The Velvet Underground-The Velvet Underground

Really simple and elegant album. Quite different from their previous 2, but very pretty nonetheless. Perhaps it was the departure of John Cale that spurred this change, or the joining of Doug Yule. I don’t know. It was a nice change though/ Stand out track-Candy Says.

Tom Waits-Closing Time

Pretty piano ballads, a longing Tom Waits, and a halfway normal voice. Sounds pretty boring. But it isn't. It doesn't even come close to his more theatrical approach to music as time went on, but it's a lovely little album to hear. How one person went from this to something like Bone Machine is unbelievable. Not that I am complaining. Stand out track-Martha

Tom Waits-Small Change

Waits songs start to gain a little more atmosphere. Occasionally backed by string sections and assorted other jazzy instruments, Tom Waits continues on his piano here. Really interesting album. Stand out track-The Piano Has been Drinking(Not Me).

Tom Waits-Heart Attack and Vine

A mediocre album, but forgivable since it's distincly transistional between his older day music and his Island years music. A good album for hardened Waits fans, I would imagine. Stand out track-Heart Attack and Vine.

Tom Waits-Rain Dogs

Over****ingrated. Spotty and directionless, I don't see why people go all crazy over this one. It's obviously a terrific album, but compared to something like Bone Machine? Please.

Tom Waits-Bone Machine

Absolute perfection for Waits. This is undoubtedly his best. Brilliantly atmospheric, excellent lyrics, and basically the album that made me love Tom Waits. An absolute must own. Stand out track-The Ocean Doesn't Want Me

Tom Waits-Mule Variations

Another great album. I just picked it up recently, haven't had much time to listen to it. Stand out thusfar-Cold Water

Tom Waits-Blood Money

Cool album, though not as good as the rest of his latter day endeavors. Ranks right alongside Alice, I'd say. Stand out-Misery is the River of the World.

Tom Waits-Alice

Once again, a pretty good album. Stand out-Everything You Can Think.

Wilco-Summer Teeth

A fun album, poppy and all. Easy to get into, and very light entertainment. Before Jeff Tweedy went a little nuts. Stand out song- Can't Stand it.

Wilco-Being There

Undoubtedly Wilco's best. Really pushes their limits as musicians, and is very succesful because of it. Plenty of stand out songs on here, most notably I Got You(At the End of the Century).

Wilco-Yankee Hotel Foxtrot

Blech. I've made my opinions known before. I just avidly dislike this album. THey really just lost me here. I'm not one to shy away from experimentalism, but I find numerous songs on here virtually unlistenable. Stand out song Poor Places.

Yes-Close to the Edge

Prog-rock perfection. I have found that I don't go crazy over prog rock a lot, because of the needless pretentiousness(Yes is about as pretentious as they come, at least lyrically), but I just adore Yes. Housing only 3 songs, this album goes by faster than it should, though the songs last plenty long. For not having a single song under 8 minutes, it does an amazing job of holding your attention. Stand out track - Close to the Edge.

Yes-Tales from Topographic Oceans

Pretentious. Overindulged. Overhyped. Wonderful. This album is so in love with itself it hurts sometimes. However, it still maintains a lot of the inventiveness that Yes had on all their other great albums. Worth a listen, if you ejoy their epic songs. Stand out track - Ritual:Nous Somme Du Soleil.

Yes-Fragile

The perfect antithesis to epic Yes. Most of the songs on here are rather short, at least compared to the likes of Close to the Edge and Tales. The songs are a great deal easier to enjoy than on any other Yes album, so it's a good place to start. Stand out track - Roundabout.

I have about 3 other Yes albums scattered around my room. Do to their inconsitent quality, I dont listen to them, so I don't consider them part of my collection.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by Henry The Kid

Pavement-Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain

Really, really poppy stuff. It maintains an edge though, even with it's somewhat radio-friendly nature. The stand out track is Elevate me Later.
This is one of my favourite cd:s, it's part of the soundtrack of my life. For me the stand out track is Range Life. I saw Pavement live when they were doing their Brightening the Corners tour. They closed the concert with Range Life. It is one of the best songs ever written and recorded and probably one of the best songs ever performed on KB, Malmö, Sweden.

I will try and post my cd collection later...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

I See You When You're Sleeping
It would take too long to go through my whole collection so I'll just go through the Radiohead albums.

Radiohead
  1. Pablo Honey

One of the first albums I ever got (and now again) and I still love it. Admittedly it's the weakest Radiohead album and I can now see the resemblance to the pixies but that doesn't matter, I still love it.
    (Standout Tracks:Creep, Lurgee, Blow Out)
  2. The Bends

Radiohead for the radio. Nice safe melodies with songs about angels and Peter Pan. One of the first albums that kept me up all night listening in bed forgetting to sleep.
    (Standout Tracks:Fake Plastic Trees, Just, Street Spirit)
  3. O.K Computer

Definatly an album I'd take with me when I die. I can never get tired of it, it always sounds fresh. This album shook alot of people up and created a boundary between fans and people who thought they are depressing (cut your rists to it etc)
    (Standout Tracks:Paranoid Android, Karma Police, Lucky)
  4. Kid A

What happened to Radiohead? They ditched guitars, promotion and single releases. They still managed to get tracks on the radio and have Kid A at number 1 in the album chart. This album is magnificiant. Truth be told it wasn't what anyone expected after O.K Computer but everyone learned to love the album after many listens.
    (Standout Tracks:Everything in it's Right Place, Idioteque, Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  5. Amnesiac

Probably in my my opinion, the second weakest album in the Radiohead catalogue. It just doesn't 'fit' as an album, more of a E.P release feel to it. Most of the songs were produced during the Kid A sessions so I guess that's why it just doesn't feel 'new' to me. Don't get me wrong, it has some amazing tracks on it but also some awful ones. (Pull/Pulk)
    (Standout Tracks:Pyramid Song,I Might Be Wrong, Like Spinning Plates, )
  6. Hail to the Thief

Fantastic. After the weak Amnesiac release, Hail just blew away any expectation. I still listen to this album at least once a day since it came out. I love every track on the album. A 1984 obcession fueled some of the imagery.
    (Standout Tracks:2+2=5, There There, Where I End and You Begin)

Quite a nice selection so far.

Everyone has or has implied a numerous amount. I, however can list my entire collection with not much trouble. Like my DVD'S there is not an awful lot and nothing that screams essential. I also have a lot of compilations, I just can't help getting a mixture. I look at someone's album and think I have to buy that, yet there is also a comp with lots of songs I like and invariably I grab that.

My taste is fickle and my wallet is constantly empty.

A little Deeper *Ms. Dynamite*
Swing when your Winning *Robbie Williams*
Untitled *System of A Down*
Greatest Hits 1,2,3 Platinum Album *Queen*
Silver Side Up *Nickelback*
God Shuffled His Feet *Crash Test Dummies*
Forty Licks *Rolling Stones*
The Young and the Helpless *Good Charlotte*
Gotta Get through This *Daniel Bedingfield*
A Tribute to.......The Blues Brothers
Can't Take me Home *Pink*
Affirmation *Savage Garden*
From Now On *Will Young*
Friday's Child *Will Young*

ALL MY COMPILATIONS!

Greatest Rock
Air Guitar 1
Air Guitar 2
Air Guitar 3
Kerrang!4 The Album
The Album
The Alternative Album
No.1 Movies Album
The Best unnofficial Footie Album Ever
Jumpers 4 Goalposts 2002
Hits 2001
Acoustic
Now That's What I call Music! 50
Huge Hits 2000
Men In Black, The Album
Disney's Hit Singles
Space Movie Themes
The World of Music, Africa
Spirits of Nature
The Quiet Storm
Music of the Millenium
The Best Classical Album of the Millenium...Ever

Undoubtly some embrassments.

Originally Posted by MinionTV
Quite alot actually
I didn't actually buy all of them. So there.

To everyone, I will comment on my collection. Just not right now, it's too darn early.

I must become Caligari..!

Rubber Soul - The Beatles
The most important album ever and the second best. This is what made The Beatles
BEST TRACK: Norwegian Wood

Abbey Road
- The Beatles
The Beatles 2nd best, Brilliant. But not ground breaking.
BEST TRACK: Come Together

Revolver
- The Beatles
The Beatles 3rd best, A fantastic follow up to Rubber Soul
BEST TRACK: Tommorow Never Knows

Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band
- The Beatles
Good album, But not nearly as good as the three above it and The White Album
BEST TRACK: Day In The Life

Meet The Beatles
- The Beatles
Not a huge fan of thire early stuff, But its fun
BEST TRACK: I Saw Her Standing There

HELP!
- The Beatles
Not great, but with most of The Beatles early stuff, Fun
BEST TRACK: Yesterday

Pet Sounds
- The Beach Boys
Someone recomended this to me, and considering i don't like The Beach Boys all that much, Its wasn't bad.
BEST TRACK: Wouldn't it be nice

Led Zeppelin II
- Led Zeppelin
Great album, Nearly as good as IV
BEST TRACK: Whole Lotta Love

Led Zeppelin IV
- Led Zeppelin
Best Album ever, Fantastic in every way. Enough Said
BEST TRACK: Rock 'N Roll, Battle of Evermore, Stairway To Heaven

Nirvana
- Nirvana
A good introduction to Nirvana. A Best of wasn;t really nessasary but i picked it up cheap
BEST TRACK: In Bloom

MTV UnPlugged
- Nirvana
Thier crowning achievment. Why they are the best band of the 90s. Best live album ever.
BEST TRACK: Lake Of Fire

Disintergration
- The Cure
Best Cure Album. Perfect in every way.
BEST TRACK: Love Song, Pictures Of You

Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
- The Cure
Great
BEST TRACK: Kiss

Blood Flowers
- The Cure
Good, Next to Wish as thire best of the 90s
BEST TRACK: 39

The Trilogy - Set One - Pornography [Live]
- The Cure
I Ripped the sounds off first two sets of the Live DVD, Its amazing
BEST TRACK: 100 Years

The Trilogy - Set Two - Disintergration [Live]
- The Cure
Better than the Pornogrpahy sets, and thats says ALOT
BEST TRACK: Fascination Street

Surfer Rosa
- The Pixies
Well, What can you say about The Pixies except they are brilliant
BEST TRACK: Where is my Mind

Doolittle
- The Pixies
Just as good as Surfer
BEST TRACK: Debaser

Rage Against the Machine
- Rage Against the Machine
Hard and Political what Punk Should be
BEST TRACK: Know Your Enemy

Devine Madness
- Madness
So Much Fun!
BEST TRACK: One Step Beyond

The Best of The Specials
- The Specials
The Beast Ska band ever.
BEST TRACK: A Message To You Rudy

Ramones Mania
- The Ramones
The Ramones, So damn crap, So damn cool, So damn Fun
BEST TRACK: Sheena Is a Punk Rocker

Who's Next
- The Who
The only entier Who Album i have heard, So i can't judge it against other Who stuff, But against other music its brilliant
BEST TRACK: Behind blue eyes

Who's Better, Who's Best
- The Who
A best of, What more can I say
BEST TRACK: My Generation

The Story of the Clash
- The Clash
A good compolation, The next album i buy will be London Calling
BEST TRACK: London Calling
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

Originally Posted by Henry The Kid
Tom Waits-Rain Dogs

Over****ingrated. Spotty and directionless, I don't see why people go all crazy over this one. It's obviously a terrific album, but compared to something like Bone Machine? Please.

It's utterly appalling that anyone would say this about such a good album... sure it's arguably not as good as Bone Machine (or even Mule Variations, in my opinion) but overrated? Please.

Originally Posted by Garrett
It's utterly appalling that anyone would say this about such a good album... sure it isn't as good as Bone Machine (or even Mule Variations, in my opinion) but overrated? Please.
Actually, lately I've changed my opinion of it. I now prefer it vastly to Bone Machine. It has some flaws, but it's brilliant moments are too powerful to be overtaken.

Mule Variations is probably better than Bone Machine in my opinion now, as well. My opinions of quite a few albums have changed. Except Yankee hotel Foxtrot. It's still the most overrated album I have ever heard.

I must become Caligari..!
Ok, My cellection has had a significant upgrade scince my last post

My Entire Collection

Audioslave - Audioslave
Bob Dylan & Paul Simon - Live
Bob Dylan & The Band - Genuine Basement Tapes
Chuck Berry - The Great 28
David Bowie - Hunky Dory
David Bowie - Low
David Bowie - The Rise and Fall Of Ziggy Stardust
Dead Kennedys - Bedtime for Democracy
Dead Kennedys - Fresh Fruit & Rotting Vegetables
Dead Kennedys - Plastic Surgery Disasters
Devo - Q Are We Not Men A We Are Devo
Elliott Smith - Figure 8
Elliott Smith - Live at Showbox
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Elvis - Sun Collection
Elvis Costello - This Years Model
Franti & Spearhead - Everyone Deserves Music
Heatmiser - Cop and Speeder
Jimi Hendrix - Axis Bold As Love
John Frusciante - Smile From The Streets You Hold
Johnny Cash - Live at Folsom Prison
Joni Mitchell - Court and Spark
Joss Stone - The Soul Sessions
Kraftwerk - In Perth [Live]
Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same
Led Zeppelin - IV
Led Zeppelin - II
Led Zeppelin - BBC Sessions
Madness - Divine Madness
Marvin Gaye - Whats Going on
Morrissey - ,You Are The Quarry
Muse - Absolution
Muse - Origin of Symmetry
Muse - Showbiz
Nirvana - Live In London
Nirvana - Nirvana [Best Of]
Nirvana - In Utero
Nirvana - Unplugged In New York [Live]
Norah Jones - Come Away With Me
Outkast - The Love Below
Patti Smith - Horses
Pink Floyd - A Saucerful of Secrets
Pink Floyd - Animals
Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon
Pink Floyd - More
Pink Floyd - Obscuered By Clouds
Pink Floyd - Pulse [Live]
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Radiohead - Kid A
Rage Against The Machine - Battle of Los Angeles
Rage Against The Machine - Battle Of Mexico City [Live]
Rage Against The Machine - Evil Empire
Rage Against The Machine - Rage Against The Machine
Rage Against The Machine - Renegades
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - By The Way
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Freak Styley
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Mothers Milk
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - One Hot Minute
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Uplift MoFo Party Plan
RJD2 - Since We Last Spoke
Screamin' Jay Hawkins - Voodoo Jive
Sean Lennon - Into the Sun
Sonic Youth - Dirty
Sound Garden - A Sides
The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
The Beatles - Abby Road
The Beatles - Beatles For Sale
The Beatles - HELP!
The Beatles - Let It Be
The Beatles - Magical Mystery Tour Alternate Version
The Beatles - Meet The Beatles
The Beatles - Please Please Me
The Beatles - Revolver
The Beatles - Rooftop Concert [Live]
The Beatles - Rubber Soul
The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonley Hearts Club Band
The Buzzcocks - Going Steady
The Clash - London Calling
The Clash - The Clash
The Cure - Bloodflowers
The Cure - The Cure
The Cure - Disintergration
The Cure - Disintergration [Live - The Trilogy]
The Cure - Greatest Hits Unplugged
The Cure - Kiss Me, Kiss Me, Kiss Me
The Cure - Pornography [Live - The Trilogy]
The Cure - The Head on the door
The Cure - Wish
The Flaming Lips - Hit to Death in The Future Head
The Jam - Sound Affects
The Kinks - Arthur: And The Decline of The British Empire
The Kinks - Kinks
The Monkees - Head
The Pixies - At The BBC
The Pixies - Doolittle
The Pixies - Surfer Rosa
The Ramones - Ramones Maina
The Ramones - The Ramones
The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street
The Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks
The Smiths - Meat Is Murder
The Smiths - Rank [Live]
The Specials - Best of
The who - The who Sing My Generation
The who - Whos Next

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Maybe i'll do this later.... but All I have to say is I own over a good 500 c.d's a good 200 tapes and like 300 Vinyl.......... So when I get around to it, i'll make a mini list of the most significant ones.