MTV's SpiderMan Animated Series

Tools    

Well, MTV has aired its first two episodes back to back this evening. Did anyone watch? I loved it and am hooked. The animation is superb and, they chose the right people to voice the characters.........

Neil Patrick Harris - Peter Parker/Spider-Man
Lisa Loeb - Mary Jane Watson Other
Angelle Brooks - Indira 'Indy' Daimonji
Keith David - Agent Mosely
Michael Dorn - Kraven the Hunter
Michael Clarke Duncan - Wilson Fisk/the Kingpin
Ethan Embry - Max Dillon/Electro
Eve - Felicia Hardy/the Black Cat
Virginia Madsen - Silver Sable
Christian Maguire - Billy Connors
Ian Ziering - Harry Osborn
Rob Zombie - Dr. Curt Connors/the Lizard

I suggest ya'll watch it. It repeats on MTV all the time so check your local listings or www.mtv.com for more info.

I love Lisa Loeb and Neil Patrick Harris. I wondered what they were up to. I heard that Neil Patrick Harris is gay though. Someone in L.A. told me. But that's okay. We're all family...

Virginia Madsen and Ian Ziering I love too, but Rob Zombie...... Rob Zombie should be somewhere rolling down a street in a trashcan. After all that money he wasted making that godawful House of 1000 Corpses film, and the money that I had to spend and everyone else had to spend to make that piece of garbage earn dough.... I'd send out an attack on him. I hope he falls down a sinkhole.

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
I'll make a comment in about 6 months when the series reaches the UK

The new MTV animated series of "Spiderman" definitely looks pretty slick so far. I can't wait to see more! However, I still think the "Amazing Spiderman" animated series on Fox, so far, is still the best production of the legendary web-slinger to date. The scripts, cast, animation, and direction were truly amazing!

This MTV animated Spiderman series is so much better than the live action film! Even though it was a commercial success, I was very disappointed with the 2002 film. The script was weak and boring, action was tame, and direction - mediocre. Too bad James Cameron didn't get to direct it like he wanted. I'm sure it would have been so much more exciting.

The Green Goblin's costume looked like something from the Power Rangers set... how sad and unimaginative when they could have done so much with it. Tobey Maguire was a pretty good Peter Parker, but never really did Spiderman the justice I expected. They need to get a REAL action choreographer like Yuen Wo Ping to stir things up (Matrix).

I hope the sequel has more to offer for us Spidey fans! I've been a Spidey fan since I was a kid and would like nothing more than a Spiderman movie that lives up to our expectations. Maybe they can get some ideas from the animated series. The action is superb! Animation effects and voice talents are great! This MTV series is just what we needed! It is probably one of the best superhero cartoons made so far. Great job!!! Keep up the good work! We'll be watching...

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I liked the Spider-Man movie way better than this, but the new show is a billion times better than the awful 1990's Fox cartoon.

A couple of things bugged me:

I Hate cgi animation so much....

I know it's just a cartoon, but was anyone else besides me bothered by the fact that the characters never change their clothes? they're always wearing the same gear every day, and I'm betting it's starting to stink!

I also didn't like the dialogue. The writers can write stuff that looks good on paper, but it sounds awkward when people say it. They need to write how people actually talk, like Joss Whedon, the creator of Buffy. If he wrote this, it'd be a must see.

I'll probably watch this if I'm home, but if I don't see it, oh well. The Cartoon Network has this beat. Teen Titans on Saturdays! Funny as hell, and a cool Puffy AmiYumi song for the opening!

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

anyone know where i can get the theme song to spiderman (MTV version)

Originally Posted by lnknprk3
anyone know where i can get the theme song to spiderman (MTV version)

It's an old John Digweed song called Heaven Scent

-Fats 8D

OK, well I've seen a few episodes now and have to say that I am truly impressed with this new MTV animated series! I was skeptical at first and am also critical of CGI animation. However, the action and movements are very fluid and lifelike, probably the best Spiderman action ever created, live or animated.

I do agree with Monkeypunch that they should have a change of clothes every now and then. Would it really have been that hard to do?? I also hate how they did Indy's hair! It is kinda distracting. I don't mind how they designed MJ's booty though!

For the most part, I'd have to say it is a top rate production! (A)

I hate this new spider man. The villans are horrible and it's boring at times. I loved the Fox kids version because it had more action, more plot and it didn't focus too much on the soap opera of peter and mary jane. I wish that cartoon never went off the air because they didn't show where mary jane was after all that time of her being sucked into the portal, and I'm sure they could have done more adventures with spider man fighting some villians as well. That whole secret wars series was hot and it showed that spiderman was a leader. This new spiderman with his Doogie Howser sounding voice sounds horrible. The old spiderman delivered with the action. I never wanted to miss an episode of the old spiderman but with this mtv version, it's like if I miss it, it's really no big deal. I'll eventually see it but it's not like I'm missing out on anything. IF I MISSED AN EPISODE OF THE OLD FOX KIDS SPIDERMAN, I'D GO CRAZY TO FIND WAYS TO SEE IT BEFORE THE NEXT NEW EPISODE CAME ON.

Let's not even talk about the disco music that comes on when this MTV Spiderman is chasing a villian. Who is he chasing that they need to put this music on, the gay musketeer? Since when did spiderman drink at the Blue Oyster bar? Lol, Neil Patrick Harris as Spiderman? They might as well put Steve Urkel in as the voice of Superman or Batman if they think that works.

ok i hate the fact that on the next episode of the new spider man show on mtv :: mary jane dies ..... wtf that just ruins like a big chunk out of the show cuz i mean peter dont have that many girls that are in to him like indi ... and just when peter tells mary jane he is spider man it just ticks me off ... i mean they should show many more episodes befor they kill her off ... i understand that the new show is based on the events a year l8er after the movies time line so pritty much that sucks .... im just so pissed off ... and i mean really ... cuz any1 i hope you agree with me cuz this is so messed up ::: in the old shows MJ was with harry and harry hated peter and MJ stayed alive and also they show the helping characters like aunt may and much more ... and i hope they put venom on the show or thats just more messed up....GOD my head hurts if you wanna share the pain with me then E-Mail me at [email protected] ... thnx and see you next week if i get on ... bye bye MJ

Mary Jane doesn't die! Well, does any one know if there will be a second season of this series?

Hey everyone I'm new! lol. I loved the new spiderman MTV series. But i freaked out when MJ died! I mean WHAT was that! I still wish that she still had to find out he was spiderman though. The one thing i don't like about the show is that there's nothing about his Aunt May in it! I mean she's one of the most important supporting characters! But either way, does anyone have any info about a second season because i'm hooked.

I started watching this show when it began, of course, being a huge spiderman fan i was instantly addicted. If anyone knows anything about this new spider-man series (in terms of it coming back on the air) please let me know.

ok guys... i think this new series has been a real good one. i really liked it. life-like movements (even the lips actualy say the words they speak)..
i understand why a lot of people were disapointed with some of the villains... but it's a 13 episode season, we got a dose of Electro, Lizard, Kingpin, and Kraven the Hunter, and the Silver Sable... which to me was good.. i don't like when the 1st season jumps into serious situations right away.. which is why i liked them starting off with some little villains and why i luved the way they ended the season, with a complicated story (the type we all know Spider-Man always delivers)...
what i wanna know though is what is the future of this series? is it true MTV cancelled it? and if they did, is Marvel shopping the series around cause i crave for a 2nd season in which i'd like to see deeper story-lines and more of the famous villains we grew up "hating" like Hobgoblin, Vulture, Scorpion, Shocker, Rhino, Mysterio, Chameleon, and even comebacks of the Kingpin and so on...
I congradulate Marvel on an amazing 1st season.. just hope they keep it running cause i wouldn't want to see Spider-Man's own creators giving up on him.

btw... Mary Jane didn't die.. it was all an illusion those twins created to fool Spider-Man...

I myself would love to see the 2nd season of the New Animated Series. But I believe that my never happen and everyone has pretty much given up on it. I just bought me the 1st season of the 13 episodes. The bonus materials on it are awesome. How they ended the first season makes me believe its not coming back. I really enjoyed watching it. I also having been trying to find some information out about if there are any future releases of it and so far have found nothing. MTV was on a great asset if they just understood it a little better. Any how, I still loved the new series and hope there is more coming. Thats my beef.

Thanks
Klannviper

Hi
It's MTV's ******* fault. First Clone High and now this. People should just go to Cartoon network, at least they will treat it right..

This past Tuesday, a 2 disc DVD of every episode with cool extra features has been released. There is no need to worry now.

Originally Posted by Tuna
It's MTV's ******* fault. First Clone High and now this. People should just go to Cartoon network, at least they will treat it right..

???