Cold Mountain

→ in
Tools    

Did you guys like it? I Hated It. Didnt make any since. Just like diff. scenes. It didnt have any plot. The writers just had "none" in mind whene they made this. CAn you guys explain this movie to me? Thanks.

Can't explain it cause I didn't finish it. I thought the editing was horrible. And the location became confusing, especially during the part with the rabbit in the trenches. That's just my opinion though. It would be nice to have it explained.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Is this supposed to be a review?

I understand what the story was about, but I did not really like how they went about it.

I like the book and movie pretty well. Good stuff.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
I saw this thread and I had to add that I thought Cold Mountain sucked; highly overrated by reviewers and critics. The "harsh reality" scenes were probably intended to provoke emotion but for me, without exstensive charactor development, those scenes just came off as brash and indulgent. I was offended by the cruel "torture" scene with that family housing their sons who had run from the war. The violence was uncalled for. That band of men that went around enforcing the "law" was like some side story that was underdeveloped. What was their motivation for being so freakin' nasty? Because they could? Anyways...
I hated this movie.

At last some people who didn't like Cold Mountain I thought it sucked and hated Nicole in it.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by nebbit
At last some people who didn't like Cold Mountain I thought it sucked and hated Nicole in it.
Yea!
Me too. Maybe it's a girl thing.
I just thought it was too rough around the edges and there's no way Nicole Kidman was starving but managed to find lipstick and a facial.

I thought some of the scenes were gorgeous to look at.

And my continuing adoration for Jude Law(homoerotic overtones? perhaps) helped me not totally hate the movie. It was pretty miserable though.

What a coincidence Henry, agreeing with what everyone else says...........

Originally Posted by Tarantino's Assasin
What a coincidence Henry, agreeing with what everyone else says...........
Heh. You're a vindictive person. Are you below the age of 15?

Fasten your seat belts...
I just strongly dislike Nicole Kiman in all forms. Working at Fox Studios we heard all the gossip about her during the filming of Moulin Rouge. She's not a pleasant person!

Originally Posted by LillyVon
I just strongly dislike Nicole Kiman in all forms. Working at Fox Studios we heard all the gossip about her during the filming of Moulin Rouge. She's not a pleasant person!
I knew it, see you at Fox Studios soon.