Changing your mind about a movie.

Tools    

Top Secret just did not do it for me in my younger days, now I think it is great.

The first time i saw the Ritz I hated it, one of my hsb's favorite, now i love it

A lot of the movies I watched as a young kid, I now value simply for nostalgia. There were also several movies I saw when I was younger that I didn't really like, Brazil being one example I can think of.

Extra Mild
Taxi Driver - I remember thinking "This film is grossly overrated" I recently watched it again and now I think it's brilliant.

I've got to say that I wasn't the least bit impressed with Bladerunner, but after thinking about it some more I've come around to having a lot of respect for it, both from a technical and entertaining position.

On the same note, kind of, I used to think Amalie was da' bomb, but I think it kind of sucks now. It was pretty looking though - mucho props to the DP.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

blade runner required to be seen more than once to get the storyline behind it correct.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0

On the same note, kind of, I used to think Amalie was da' bomb, but I think it kind of sucks now. It was pretty looking though - mucho props to the DP.

never seen it. But I doubt it's as good as Amelie

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Originally Posted by iluv2viddyfilms
never seen it. But I doubt it's as good as Amelie
Sorry Boss, I meant AmElie. My opinion of it's personal too, I just can't get into story lines like the one it had. Sorry.

Bladerunner is awsome!!! But not as good as GB

Oi To The World!
Sometimes our tastes change. Have you ever seen a movie you didn't care for...watched it years later and think...'what was I thinking? I like like this alot.'
Hi,

I'm new to the forum, and I thought this was an interesting topic. This has happened to me on occasion, but the only film that comes to mind at the moment is La Strada. I originally saw it as a very young teenager at my mother's urging, and I did not get the appeal. Fast forward about 10 years into the future. I watched it again and I thought it was a masterpiece, one of my all time favorite Italian films even. I could not understand how I had ever disliked it. It is simply wonderful.

And similarly, have you liked a movie at first and years later discover you must have been out of your mind to like it?
This has happened to me as well. I saw Scarface when it was released. I remember being totally blown away by it. However, a couple of years ago one of the cable stations ran it uncut to celebrate its 25 year anniversary. Guess what? I thought it was just awful. The dialogue was ridiculous. The acting was completely over the top. Even the usually brilliant Al Pacino seemed terrible to me. Go figure. I could not imagine what I had ever seen that I thought was so wonderful. LOL!

I watched snatch in theatres and didn't think much of it. Mabe 6/10. I got the dvd and now it is one of my favorites. However, if i absolutely hate a film, i never seem to find any knew love for it no matter how many times I see it again.

when i first saw the matrix, i was thinking 'what the hell', then watched it again and thought, 'this is great' then saw it recently and didn't think that much of it but another movie, maybe it's because people are constantly borrowing the bullet time effect.

Charismasloverno5 -
If the Matrix's influence on films that followed its release disturbs you, don't ever watch a Alfred Hitchcock, Orson Welles, or Akira Kurosawa film. Most, if not all, films since then have used a tool one of these directors implimented in their films.

I have to say Happy gilmore, i saw this movie on video about 3 years ago, I didnt find it in the least bit funny, but then i watched at a mates on DVD about a year ago I couldnt stiop laughing, it was so good, and the same with family guy, i didnt find it funny when it was on TV, but then i watched it on DVD and It wipes the board with the simpsons and Futurama.
charged the fields at Bannockburn
They fought like warrior poets
They fought like Scotsmen
And won their freedom.

Originally Posted by Braveheart_1298
I have to say Happy gilmore, i saw this movie on video about 3 years ago, I didnt find it in the least bit funny, but then i watched at a mates on DVD about a year ago I couldnt stiop laughing, it was so good, .
Really you must have been

Hey Pimpdawhatever, it doesn't disturb me! What made you think that it did? Why would a film disturb anyone? especially the matrix films. All I suggested was that I didn't enjoy the movie recently because the ideas are still being used in other films.

Fasten your seat belts...
Royal Tennanbaums. I hated it when I saw it at the movies... oh hang on, I still DO!

Do you know my poetry?
The Usual Suspects (d. Bryan Singer - 1995)

Enjoyed it a little at first, now just downright dislike it. The film is so extrememly overrated it makes me sick.

Originally Posted by Charismasloverno5
Hey Pimpdawhatever, it doesn't disturb me! What made you think that it did? Why would a film disturb anyone? especially the matrix films. All I suggested was that I didn't enjoy the movie recently because the ideas are still being used in other films.
I smell what you're saying - I just got excited. And by the way, it's PimpDaSHIZZLE not PimpDaWhatever.

Fasten your seat belts...
No one is EVER going to win the 'but it was a good movie'... 'oh yeah, well I didn't like it'... 'yeah? Well your stupid...' blah blah.

I hated Adaptation - but everyone thinks I'm a dumb dumb cause I don't like it! Fair enough I guess. I just don't like Nicolas Cage. He's spooky!~