Did You Know?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Ultimate_Thrill
Did you know that most people find it difficult to complete the following task: (Although I've seen a few people nail it the first time!)

While sitting down on a chair: motion your right foot in a clockwise circular manner.
Now, without looking at your foot, use the index finger on your right hand to draw the number "6" in the air.

Did your foot change direction?

yup, it changed direction.
I wonder who came up with this. They must of been bored.

Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Here's some more funky facts

1) "Our eyes are always the same size from birth" (I also found sites debating, saying for the first year it does change, so I don't know)

I knew they change colour, but size..hmmm I always thought they were the same size. I thought that because our head grows, it gives the impression that our eyes grow too.

I don't want to triple post so I will add this here...

Did you know that one of the warning labels on a Canadian pack of cigarettes says..

Estimated Deaths in Canada, 1996
Murders-510
Alcohol-1,900
Car accidents-2,900
Suicides-3,900
Tobacco-45,000

WARNING
EACH YEAR, THE EQUIVALENT OF A SMALL CITY DIES FROM TOBACCO USE

That's a lot of people dying from suicides!

Originally Posted by undercoverlover
how can a piece of paper not be folded more than 7 times, i just tried it and i got more than 7?
in half, 7 times?

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Ultimate_Thrill
Did you know that most people find it difficult to complete the following task: (Although I've seen a few people nail it the first time!)

While sitting down on a chair: motion your right foot in a clockwise circular manner.
Now, without looking at your foot, use the index finger on your right hand to draw the number "6" in the air.

Did your foot change direction?
Yes!!!

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by Zeiken
If you put a bit of sage in your boots, all day long a lovely scent is your reward.
yeah I did know that, but it's always nice to hear it again

Man, some people must of been bored to come up with half of these facts.

an elevator operator in the Empire State Building fell, in an elevator, over 1000 feet down the shaft, and lived. apparently the cable coiled underneath the elevator, like a spring, and the elevator was a tight fit in the shaft, so there was an air pocket underneath

Randomly visiting for now
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
i think thats what spooky meant
yeah I meant in half, but it's not hard to figure out. I mean you could just fold tiny triangles over and over. Maybe I should change it, but then the rest of the posts won't make sense, so I'll leave it