The Butterly Effect

→ in
Tools    

I thort the butterfly affect was totaly weird.. and may be just another crap movie.. actually... no may be', it is just another crap movie =] what do u all think..

honestly i really liked this movie..i think ashton kutcher did a very good job, because i had no expectations for him going into this movie, but yeah. this movie made me laugh..jump..and i cried a lot at the end..i loved the song by Oasis at the end as well. i don't know, i loved this movie, i saw it twice in the theater, and i plan on buying it on DVD

The Adventure Starts Here!
[bump]

Finally saw this on DVD (the director's cut version, although Gracie told me the theatrical ending afterwards so I'd know).

I'm surprised to come into this thread and not see ANYONE (especially anyone who may have seen the director's cut) mention its striking resemblance (to the point of plagiarism) to DONNIE DARKO.

Am I the only one to notice this? Except that DONNIE DARKO had good acting, a meatier premise (albeit tough to follow at first), and much better use of music.

Is it just me then??

Randomly visiting for now
That's so right, it was a rip off 'Donnie Darko' (great movie btw), but the ending is still unexpected and exciting, makes the audience figure out the plotline for themselves. I thought the movie was pretty intense and the ending they chose/stole wrapped everything together nicely, compared to the alternate endings on the DVD, this one was pretty good. The rest of the movie is completely unrelated to DD, this is probably why few ppl made the connection between the two.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Crisis
I thort the butterfly affect was totaly weird.. and may be just another crap movie.. actually... no may be', it is just another crap movie =] what do u all think..
prefered by far Donnie Darko, but i guess both movies do compare since no one can avoid it seems to make comparisons betwen them, but as far as depth is concerned, DD is the thing to drown while Butterfly Effect is to learn swimming.

I gotta agree with the whole Donnie Darko resemblance but I also saw some similarities between the Butterfly Effect and the The Time Machine (2002) esp with the whole "can't win by playing god" factor.

The resemblances seen between Donnie Darko, The Butterfly Effect, and The Time Machine shoulde be pretty apparant as they are all about time travel. So in that case you could also say that they all resemble the Back to the Future series, The Terminator series, and countless other films, novels, tv shows, etc...

Originally Posted by projectMayhem
The resemblances seen between Donnie Darko, The Butterfly Effect, and The Time Machine shoulde be pretty apparant as they are all about time travel. So in that case you could also say that they all resemble the Back to the Future series, The Terminator series, and countless other films, novels, tv shows, etc...
What i was gettin at was the similarities between The Butterfly Effect, and The Time Machine and the whole repetitive going back and forth to try and get the perfect resolution to the problem and the failure of such plan. Also with the final realization that one's fate can't be changed without altering and dramatically affecting other factors in one’s life.

I liked the move, even thought the whole time travel experience was a bit old. I did like however the different lives the guy lived in

The Satchel Snatcher's on the loose
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Is it entertaining???
Yes, but not stimulating.
Yeah i agree, there needed to be more to figure out.......

Originally Posted by FrankTheBunny420
Yeah i agree, there needed to be more to figure out.......
Do you think there should be sequal to it???

Just a thought...

No way...

Hollywood has a tenantsy to make seguels to just about anything, good or bad.

Sigh... true.

Remember KBV2, or perhaps a AVP or FVJ sequel..

i bet it sends shivers down alot of people spines...

Hey, I'm all for a Freddy vs. Jason sequel. And an Alien vs. Predator sequel, they might actually get it right this time.

do you think they will be box office hits or quiet performers???

i love this movie. i cried for hours after i saw the directors cut dvd ending

Originally Posted by starrdarcy
do you think they will be box office hits or quiet performers???
Who knows... maybe they will be "box office hits", maybe not. Still would like to see it done though.