What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Just pre-ordered the 35th Anniversary edition of Halloween on Blu-ray, it's a steelbook edition and a brand new transfer apparently, so depending on the artwork and information about the transfer/sound I will keep this on pre-order.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Just a note for anyone who's not been to B&M before, don't expect a massive selection like a huge supermarket which has a few aisles of DVDs. The stores may be huge but their DVD section is usually 2 or 3 four-sided stands. I've got to admit that I actually bought quite the s*itload both for myself and a few for my nieces. Films that I normally wouldn't even have bothered with I got caught up by the price. Anyway from what I got and what I can remember (plus a few that other people saw/bought) here is what I saw -

(Fairly Recent Films) Argo, Dark Knight Rises, Hangover: Part II, Rango, Green Lantern, The Town, Where the Wild Things Are, Shutter Island, Cowboys and Aliens, Drive, Contagion, Life As We Know It, Due Date, Journey 2 the Mysterious Island, Flushed Away, Sherlock Holmes, Sherlock Holmes - Game of Shadows, Sucker Punch, Cats and Dogs 2, one of the Transformers sequels (not sure which)

(Old Favourites) The Bodyguard, The Italian Job, Pretty in Pink, Neverending Story, Alfie, The Wild Bunch, Shirley Valentine, Wizard of Oz,

(3 Film Combos) Pretty in Pink/Some Kind of Wonderful/Ferris Bueller's Day Off, True Grit/Once Upon a Time in the West/Shane, Alfie/Italian Job/Zulu , Where Eagles Dare/Kelly's Heroes/Dirty Dozen, Naked Gun trilogy, Naked Gun/Airplane/Top Secret, National Lampoon's Vacation/European Vacation/Vegas Vacation, Yes Man/Dumb and Dumber/Ace Ventura, Footloose/Grease/Flashdance,
Plus they've got a fair number of kids DVDs such as Peppa Pig, Barne the Dinosaur, Tom and Jerry, Looney Tunes, Top Cat, Scooby Doo etc and quite a lot of Batman animated stuff - volumes of Batman: Brave and Bold and a few films (Batman: Year One, Batman: Under the Red Hood, Batman & Superman: Public Enemy). Oh and the complete series of Wacky Races

There's a B&M near me now, because I'm staying at my grandparents, do they do Blu-rays as well?
No just DVDs. At least in the stores I've been to

Thanks for the tip JD. I'd love to snap up a copy of Argo, but have no idea where my nearest B&M bargains is.
I think it will just depend on your luck as store to store the stock seems to vary a bit. For example I've actually popped into two stores over the last few days. The first had literally dozens of copies of Argo but no Dark Knight Rises at all. The second store had a solid handful of DKR (8 or 9) but just a solitary Argo.

Went to B&M and got:

The Wild Bunch and Super 8 DVDS, there was a few other decent films like Shutter Island, Singin' in the Rain and some triple packs like JayDee mentioned too. But I had seen most of them so just got these.

Then popped to ASDA and bought three Blu-rays for £15.

So The Fighter (came with a nice slip cover too, looks smart), Scarface and Bronson, three films I haven't seen that all look interesting.

So 5 films for £19, pretty good

The Wild Bunch and Super 8 DVDS, there was a few other decent films like Shutter Island, Singin' in the Rain and some triple packs like JayDee mentioned too. But I had seen most of them so just got these.
Oh yeah I forgot Super 8 and Singin' in the Rain. Another few that have come back to me since are Point Break, Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves, Beethoven, Clash of the Titans (both old and new) and a De Niro film I had never heard of, The Mission I think it was. Or The Missionary?

Anyway glad you were able to get a couple at least so it wasn't a completely wasted trip. Wild Bunch is a pretty great film, not so daft on Super 8 though.

Oh yeah I forgot Super 8 and Singin' in the Rain. Another few that have come back to me since are Point Break, Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves, Beethoven, Clash of the Titans (both old and new) and a De Niro film I had never heard of, The Mission I think it was. Or The Missionary?

Anyway glad you were able to get a couple at least so it wasn't a completely wasted trip. Wild Bunch is a pretty great film, not so daft on Super 8 though.
Yeh Point Break I saw too, I was thinking about getting the Western triple pack with True Grit, Once Upon a Time in the West and Shane, although I had seen the first two and they show both on Sky quite often so I didn't see much point.

Also, just got this for £5 (including delivery) on eBay, think that's pretty good:

Let the night air cool you off
I bought Killing Them Softly because I saw it a thrift store for $2 and it was actually in good condition. At Walmart it was $15, so I feel accomplished. Also of note, I purchased To Live and Die in L.A., Belle du Jour, and Blood Simple on VHS for 75¢ each.

I purchased To Live and Die in L.A., Belle du Jour, and Blood Simple on VHS for 75¢ each.
What is this...'VHS' of which you speak?

Don't know about Belle du Jour but To Live and Die in LA and Blood Simple are both excellent.

So The Fighter (came with a nice slip cover too, looks smart), Scarface and Bronson, three films I haven't seen that all look interesting.
Enjoy Bronson, it's excellent and Tom Hardy is stunning in it.

What is this...'VHS' of which you speak?

Don't know about Belle du Jour but To Live and Die in LA and Blood Simple are both excellent.
I have To Live and Die in LA recorded so glad to hear you like it. As a big Coen Brothers fan I'm also ashamed to say that I am yet to see Blood Simple yet, tempted to buy it on DVD because this cover looks awesome and there's not a UK Blu-ray release.

Cover has a great detective/Hitchcock feel to it:

Enjoy Bronson, it's excellent and Tom Hardy is stunning in it.
Yeh I've heard good stuff, I'm a big fan of both Refn and Hardy

Well I've been busy in this thread today, this isn't an actual film but just bought this Blu-ray player that is region unlocked for DVD and blu-rays for £85. Will sell my current Blu-Ray for hopefully £40~ and my old one needs a coaxial or whatever lead for audio so saves buying one of them.

Got my eye on a few criterion blu-rays, will post in here what I decide to buy

It's just like a dvd or blu-ray, except you can't scratch it
Wow! Sounds fantastic. I think we may have the technology of the future on our hands.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Chopper as it was £1 in a local charity shop

Precious tritium is what makes this project go.

In an attempt to complete my Seventh Doctor collection.