Deistic refutation of arguments against design

Tools    

That you can't see your brain with!
My brain's eye managed to spell "eyes" right.

I work for Keyser Soze. He feels you owe him.
My brain's eye managed to spell "eyes" right.
Besides being totally irrelevant to my point, bad luck, you don't believe your brain exists.

This is a refutation of New Atheist arguments against the existence of a designer; these arguments suck for a variety of reasons:

1. They usually try to use empirical or naturalistic evidence to disprove a metaphysical concept - this just makes them the opposite of "creationist" arguments - which try to use empirical evidence to prove God's existence.

2. Most of the arguments only apply to a Biblical literalist version of God (ex. who "demands worship", is fully "omnipotent", etc) which is even rejected by many Christians, let alone deists and classical philosophers.

(The "Problem of Evil" is a cliche example, and it fails since it tries to apply naturalistic axioms by which we measure human character to something metaphysical - so it's completely meaningless, like arguing that a glass is "half full" versus" half empty; it also wouldn't even apply to individual humans unless a specific ethical system, namely obligatory utilitarianism was presumed as the moral axiom to begin with).

--The "Problem of Design refuted"---

The basic premise here is that "God is unintelligent" because there are "flaws" in design (ex. disease).

(This is actually an empirical argument so like "Problem of Evil" it's also flawed from the get-go) But even going by human axioms of intelligence this argument fails unless you're a nihilist:

For example we consider Darwin intelligent despite his theory having had a lot of flaws and being revised over time (Therefore if Darwin is a product of God's design, God is intelligent by human standards; since we consider Darwin intelligent because of his works, it therefore falls that God is intelligent because Darwin is his work).

Therefore God can only be unintelligent if "no human who ever lived is intelligent" - aka a form of nihilism, and a position taken by deliberate choice, not "logic".

---

The best atheistic argument I've heard is the argument that neither God nor absence of god are falsifiable, therefore bothering yourself with belief is futile (which is a totally different ballpark).

Most of these New Atheist arguments however suck, and are just emotion masquerading as logic - the reason they're being pushed (often by nihilistic and materialistic teens of course) is simply to promote nihilism and moral relativism - which ironically is refuted by a lot of sciences, with more and more evidence such as in sociobiology indicating moral objectivism.

While I dislike religious fundamentalism, I'm starting to dislike these New Atheists just as much since they've overstepped their bounds and seem like they're more interested in milking money from nihilistic teens by telling them what they want to hear than making any serious theological arguments.
That's a giant straw man there.

Take this for instance:

This is a refutation of New Atheist arguments against the existence of a designer; these arguments suck for a variety of reasons:

1. They usually try to use empirical or naturalistic evidence to disprove a metaphysical concept - this just makes them the opposite of "creationist" arguments - which try to use empirical evidence to prove God's existence.
Exploring models for how the universe came into existence and why it is the way it is, is not strictly speaking a metaphysical pursuit, and the exploration of those ideas is not necessarily (or even likely) an attempt to "disprove a designer." And the role of science is not to prove anything, and it is certainly isn't to prove something like a god doesn't exist. Science is not in the business of "proving" things--that's not how science works. You should know that, but perhaps you really don't.. And maybe you have run across some atheist who thinks it's possible to disprove god, but you can be sure he's not scientifically minded or trained, or otherwise a respected spokesperson for atheism. Do you see how you've created a straw man there? From our past conversations, I'm going to guess not, but que sera sera.

Besides being totally irrelevant to my point, bad luck, you don't believe your brain exists.
That's a dafter comment than mine.

Exploring models for how the universe came into existence and why it is the way it is, is not strictly speaking a metaphysical pursuit, and the exploration of those ideas is not necessarily (or even likely) an attempt to "disprove a designer." And the role of science is not to prove anything, and it is certainly isn't to prove something like a god doesn't exist. Science is not in the business of "proving" things--that's not how science works. You should know that, but perhaps you really don't.. And maybe you have run across some atheist who thinks it's possible to disprove god, but you can be sure he's not scientifically minded or trained, or otherwise a respected spokesperson for atheism.
If you think these statements are true your not paying any attention to how these conversations are going in the public arena right now.

I happen to agree that science can't prove there is no God and religion can't prove there is. That's one of the reasons I am called upon to have faith. At the end of the day science and religion have the same problem of no beginning. However if you don't think both sides are going around this issue to try to "prove" the existence or non-existence of a God your crazy. It is happening constantly both with really well educated brilliant minds all the way down to the depths of social media. It's everywhere.

I see another couple of believers have just gone to see their God in Paris but they've taken more than 60 innocent people with them.
Bound to be the work of the Christians again.....................NOT!!

A bit more than 60 now.
Just remember to be tolerant when you're out there.