Movie Tab II

Tools    

One,Two Three (1961) - Billy Wilder
My least favourite Wilder film but still decent. Comedy is a very subjective thing and too much of it didn't really work for me.
+

8½ (1963) - Federico Fellini
Wrote a bit about it in the HoF thread. A worthy nomination.

Ars (1959) - Jacques Demy
A short documentary from Demy. Interesting and well shot.
+

False Start (2006) - Jean-Claude Rousseau
Short film about aging where pretty much nothing happens ... at all. Still somewhat interesting though.
-

Notes on the Public Transport System in Mexico City (2010) - Romain Andre
Marker-esque documentary about life & love on Mexico City's train network done completely with photos. Worked pretty well.

Jidlo (1992) - Jan Svankmajer
For the shorts HoF. Enjoyed Breakfast. Lunch & Dinner not so much.
-

Wallace & Gromit in the Wrong Trousers (1993) - Nick Park
First W & G thing I've seen. Whilst I probably won't rush out and find more I did somewhat get what the fuss is about.

Scorpio Rising (1964) - Kenneth Anger
The first movie I've seen from Anger. His name seems somewhat apt.
+

Meat Love (1989) - Jan Svankmajer
The most accurately named film of all time.

Zabriskie Point (1970) - Michelangelo Antonioni
Looks good but the amateur and unlikeable leads made it hard to care.
+

The Defiant Ones (1958) - Stanley Kramer
From a story perspective a lot of this was kinda silly but it worked thanks to Poitier and Curtis.
+

Punch-Drunk Love (2002) - Paul Thomas Anderson
The movie that showed Adam Sandler could act ... and he's been doing his best to disprove it in every movie since.
+

The Bad & the Beautiful (1952) - Vincente Minnelli
Pretty good I guess but left me wanting more.
+

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.

Sword of the Desert (George Sherman, 1949)

The Swan Princess (Richard Rich, 1994)

The Blue Gardenia (Fritz Lang, 1953)

Night Tide (Curtis Harrington, 1961)

On leave in Southern California, sailor Dennis Hopper becomes obsessed with carnival mermaid Linda Lawson and becomes convinced that she really is a mermaid with a deadly past.
Fast Company (Edward Buzzell, 1938)

Dangerous Corner (Phil Rosen, 1934)

Suddenly (Lewis Allen, 1954)

Shirin (Abbas Kiarostami, 2008)

Over 100 Iranian actresses' reactions to a theatrical performance of a famous 12th-century poem (which is only heard) paint an emotional evolution of modern Iranian femininity.
Postmark for Danger aka Portrait of Danger (Guy Green, 1955)

I Died a Thousand Times (Stuart Heisler, 1955)

Tell No Tales (Leslie Fenton, 1939)

Love (Edmund Goulding, 1927)

Count Vronsky (John Gilbert) and married Anna Karenina (Greta Garbo) fall madly in love but society standards are against them.
Third Finger, Left Hand (Robert Z. Leonard, 1949)

The Single Standard (John S. Robertson, 1929)

Wild Orchids (Sidney Franklin, 1929)

The Kingdom II (Lars von Trier & Morten Arnfred, 1997)

Among the many subplots are a Satanic cult which utilizes a living head for its ceremonies in catacombs beneath the Kingdom Hospital.
Lust for Gold (S. Sylvan Simon, 1949)

Jaws 3-D (Joe Alves, 1983)

Jaws the Revenge (Joseph Sargent, 1987)

Trans-Europ-Express (Alain Robbe-Grillet, 1967)
-

Jean-Louis Trintingnant and Marie-France Pisier play themselves as well as a couple lnvolved in dope smuggling on board the titular train in the minds of a director and producer.

The Kingdom II (Lars von Trier & Morten Arnfred, 1997)

Among the many subplots are a Satanic cult which utilizes a living head for its ceremonies in catacombs beneath the Kingdom Hospital.

Was this the full second season of the mini-series? I've never been sure about watching it but now I might. Did you rate the first season as high?

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Trans-Europ-Express is wildly cool! How many other films from the director have you seen?
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Was this the full second season of the mini-series? I've never been sure about watching it but now I might. Did you rate the first season as high?
Yes, this was the 4 3/4-hour "second season" which came three years after the "first season" ended. The cast is intact and it picks up exactly where the first one ended, which may have been the highlight of the entire thing. Both mini-series were released in the U.S. as movies, and my brother was one of the few to actually view it in the theatre both times. I also give the first Kingdom

Trans-Europ-Express is wildly cool! How many other films from the director have you seen?
The director/screenwriter is the same guy who wrote Last Year at Marienbad. This was the first of his directorial efforts I've seen, but MUBI has L'Immortelle available now, and they're going to have some others very soon (in a week or so).

L'Immortelle has incredible cinematography, but it's 'only' good. Slidings of Pleasure is my favourite, but Eden is freakin' cool too.

Why haven't I seen any Robbe-Grillet film yet? I'll have Trans-Europ-Express, L'immortelle and The Man Who Lies all lined up to watch. Thanks for reminding me indirectly.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Werckmeister Harmonies

I liked the scene where they walked around for 145 minutes.

Werckmeister Harmonies

hahahahahaha funny as hell

Werckmeister Harmonies

I see it's so good it's unratable.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
Giving Werckeister Harmonies seems to me (in addition to his comment) an active refusal to interact with it.