Tools    

I See You When You're Sleeping
The last few I've seen...

The Last Samurai

Cold Mountain

Lost in Translation

I loved all three.

Gandhi - Awesome epic.
Phone Booth - Not bad. Really liked the confession scene.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Kung Pow: Enter the Fist
I found myself laughing, then wondering why. Very strange, but enjoyable. ~C+~

**Taxi**
This film was deep, dark and great.

Ravenous
This was on about the same time as Taxi on TV so didn't get to see all of it. What I did see was marvellously dark. Tentative mark of ~B~ until I see it in full.

It's true about television. There is nothing on for ages then they pile it up with brilliance programming at the same bloody time.

It was beauty killed the beast.
Recent stuff Kong watched and liked:

The Triplets of Bellville
Secret Things
The Jaundiced Eye
Ace in the Hole
Swimming to Cambodia
Into the Arms of Strangers: Stories From the Kindertransport
My Best Fiend
The Woman Chaser
Cinemania
Amores Perros
Home Movie
The Atomic Cafe
People Will Talk
He Walked By Night
Stephen Hawkings Universe
(All six parts.)

Recent stuff Kong Watched and didn't like:

Personal Velocity
Something's Gotta Give
The Gospel According to Philip K. Dick

Bringing Down The House..........
Steve Martin, Queen Latifah and Eugene Levy.......

GO SEE IT.................it's hillarious........

"I'm your hell, I'm your dream.......I'm nothing in between.......You know you wouldn't want it any other way".........

"Listen, when I slap you, you'll take it and like it"..........Humphrey Bogart..........Maltese Falcon.......

Graze on my lips and if those hills be dry, stray lower, where the pleasant fountains lie...........William Shakespeare.......

I must become Caligari..!
The Rutles [1978] B 1st Time
"It was here at the famouse "Che Stadium" named after cuban gurrilla fighter.. "Che Staduim"
"Did not acctualy claim to be bigger than god... but bigger that ROD... Rod Stuart who would not be famous for another 8 years"
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Samurai 1-(1st time) Beautifully shot and acted. This was a great movie.
Lost in Translation-(1st time) A heartbreaking and beautiful movie....easily one of the best of the year. I'm going to try to see it again soon.
Screwed-(1st time) I may change this to a thumbs down...it wasn't a strong up. But it is a hilarious movie.
Rob Roy-(3rd time) Such a beautiful movie. One of my favorites ever. Check it out.
Swimming Pool-(1st time) A bit confusing at times, but, on the whole, this is a well acted, well directed, well scored light Hitchcockian thriller.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Screwed-(1st time) I may change this to a thumbs down...it wasn't a strong up. But it is a hilarious movie.
A movie doesn't have to be "wonderful" to be enjoyed. I like this movie even though it is stupid and silly. Devito played a hilarious part and I still laugh whenever I think, "We kidnapped a turd!"

Raging Bull - Do I really need to say how awesome this flik is?
Bridget Jones Diary - Never seen it before and I liked it. Zellweger is such a doll.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
A movie doesn't have to be "wonderful" to be enjoyed. I like this movie even though it is stupid and silly. Devito played a hilarious part and I still laugh whenever I think, "We kidnapped a turd!"
It's not that...I guess I have mixed feelings on the acting and production. They're terrible, but it works to great comic effect. So I think I'll probably keep the thumbs up.

Also...

The Count of Monte Cristo (2002)-(1st time) This was such a fun movie! Not a masterpiece by any means, but this is one heck of a revenge and popcorn movie.

I hope to see a few of the other Monte Cristo adaptations soon, such as 1934 (which I've heard is the best), 1961 (?), 1974 (which has Donald Pleasence playing the villain Danglars...oh how I want to see that!), and 1998 (which is something like 8 hours long)...if I can find them.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
It's not that...I guess I have mixed feelings on the acting and production. They're terrible, but it works to great comic effect. So I think I'll probably keep the thumbs up.
Norm McDonald can't act that well, but working with what he has, it's still pretty funny. It's also a budget movie...so be forgiving. I can't believe how protective I am of this little comedic gem.

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Hud - 1963 - Starring Paul Newman

Mark's Hud review
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

Big Fish - Third time. I just love it. I cry everytime I see the film. It is a very touching film, and I don't know anyone who says otherwise.

Torque - A strict F++. Its just Fast and Furious except it's with bikes with a lame-o story. I walked out , (yes..i walked out) within the first 15 minutes.

Last viewed: some for the first time.

RESERVOIR DOGS

THE PRESIDIO

SHARK'S MACHINE

TOY STORY 1 + 2

CONEHEADS

ONCE WERE WARRIORS

FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS

PUNCH-DRUNK LOVE 1st time

DOWN WITH LOVE 1st time

THE SHINING

I must become Caligari..!
Originally Posted by jrs
Torque - A strict F++. Its just Fast and Furious except it's with bikes with a lame-o story. I walked out , (yes..i walked out) within the first 15 minutes.
, Why did you even bother going to see it... Couldnt you tell, from the trailer.. hell even the TV spots it was going to be S*ithouse??

Why waste the money

Back To The Future [1985] B 10thish Time
"Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here?"

Put me in your pocket...
Legally Blonde~ Watched it again with my daughter. I still like the snap and bend routine. Reese is such a doll.

The Story of Xinghua~ It was good....there was such a build up I was hoping it'd have a more powerful ending. It could have been great. I'm glad I saw it, but wouldn't see it again.

Warm Water Under the Red Bridge~ A sex farce/ romantic dramedy. Not sure if I liked it or not. Another film I wish to have seen more into the lead female character, aside from her 'problem'. However, water spewing up between the couple as they're...umm...coupling will be ingrained in my mind. Again, I'm glad I saw it, but wouldn't see it again.

My Favorite Season~ It was good...could have been great. I liked the subject of a sister and brother having to come back together and resolve past problems to decide what to do with their harsh, ailing mother. I wanted and expected this to be more emotional and poignant than it was. In that reguard it was somewhat of a dissapointment. Again, I'm glad I saw it, but wouldn't see it again.

Roger Doger~ It was ok. Some things I liked about it, but by the end I was so tired of hearing Rogers' droning bull$hit.

Mr Deeds ~B~
Fun, but I suspect will eventually be forgetable.

Jeepers Creepers ~B~
A nice change in recent horror movies. No sex! Considering the main characters were a brother and sister, and, thank god, not another boyfriend/girlfriend couple.

Kind of makes me nostalgic for the older horrors, when the scare was there rather then just plain old gory deaths of recent offerings.

Johnny English-- Enjoyable