HK's 100 Favourites... Kinda

→ in
Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog

10. Interview With The Vampire

Until I made this list, this was the last #1 film I had. I was obssessed with this when it came out (and the novels) and for years after. As with a number of the 90's films on this list, I saw this at the cinema, raved about it, loved it and then bought it when it was released, quickly racking up the viewings. Moreso with this, as I was studying film when it was released on video, so I incorperated it into my studies. This was possibly the first film that I loved, that I really picked apart... And yet, I still love it. As for the film, it's pretty much everything you could want from a Hollywood vampire film. It looks gorgeous, the sets and the actors are beautifully dressed, Cruise and Pitt are great though Dunst steals each and every scene she's in from the pair of them.
^ Interview With The Vampire is such a great movie, completely agree with you, this would have definitely made it in my top 20, that is if I had a list.

I was wondering when Goodfellas and Enter The Dragon would pop up. I've never even heard of Man Bites Dog until now, but I will obsessively be waiting for your Top 5

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
I honestly wasn't expecting Interview With A Vampire, Enter The Drago or GoodFellas (I knew you loved it, but I didn't know it was that much!) but I'm no less happy that they are on this list. I have not yet seen Man Bites Dog or Death Race 2000, but I'll definitely seek them out, considering they're so high on this list.

8. Enter The Dragon

**** yeah! One of the best kung fu movies ever! I've watched this no less than a dozen times. The best martial art movie? The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin. I think you'd like that one hk.

*I just realised this is my first post on this thread. Quite a diverse range of movies you've got on your list.

I keep seeing rave reviews for Man Bites Dog and I say to myself I'll check it out every time but never do. Maybe I will now on this recommendation.

GREAT list by the way. So... unusual. Excellent stuff.

Now that's the bonkers HK I was expecting. Death Race 2000, Enter The Dragon and Interview with the Vampire in your top 10. I have to say, it's a better top 100 than I thought it would be. There's quite a lot on there I like.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Never seen Interview with a Vampire or Man Bites Dog, although I've been aware of Man Bites Dog for a while and plan on getting it sometime. I have Deathrace on DVD but still not got round to watching it.

However I have to give you a massive for Enter the Dragon. Excellent stuff. That's another that only came into my mind for consideration after I'd already posted my top 100 list.

Predicting that Jaws, The Exorcist, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Get Carter will all make the Top 5 (though I'm not sure what the other film will be ). I'm pretty certain that I've never anticipated any post on MoFo as much as your next one.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Good point. So...

1. The Exorcist
2. Jaws
3. A Nightmare On Elm Street
4. Taxi Driver
5. Get Carter

My final guesses.
Except I think NOES is already made its appearance on this list.

Could be. I can't really think of anything else that would occupy the other spot in the top 5, seeing as Tyler's correct about Nightmare already making an appearance.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
I've got a guess what it may be but don't want to post and spoil the reveal if I'm right

OK, here's five and four. I've still got a little more writing to do, but I'll do these two now. Should have the other three for you later.

5. Taxi Driver

I think I was 10 or 11 the first time I saw this. I remember it being a really dark film (I mean visually, not in tone) and I did not enjoy it. Not surprising, really, as this isn't a film for 10 year olds. There's not nearly enough violence, blood or nudity for a 10 year old. Well, not a 10 year old me, anyway. Obviously, once you hit your mid/late teens, this is a great film. You can identify with Travis, but not to the point of hero worship. He's glamourized by society and the media at the end of the film, but never by Scorsese.

4. The Straight Story

With all the guessing going on, I'm a little surprised no one said this.

For a good few years now, I've said that anyone who doesn't like this film is someone I don't need to know. While that might not be true, I believe the sentiment is true, as I really can't see how anyone even remotely human can't help but love this film. Can't help but get emotionally involved with Alvin and his journey to reach his brother. Why he's going, how he's getting there and the people he meets on the way. The Straight Story is the film that keeps on giving. The film is life's journey and is as deep, introspective and philosophical as you want it to be. If you want to watch a true story, you can. If you want to watch a simple story, you can. If you want to watch a film that can prompt you to ask yourself the most profound questions anyone can ask themselves, well, The Straight Story can do that too.