Legend of Drunken Master

→ in
Tools    

Jackie Chan. Need another reason to watch it? Drunken Kung Fu. Another? I'll kick your &^% if you don't

Drunken Kung Fu is a beautiful art that is one of the hardest Chinese arts to perform well, let alone master. Each attack, block or evasion is performed at the last avaliable moment and appears to be completely coincidence or chance. With that in mind,

The movie was quite funny (as with all Jackie Chan movies) and had a plot (gotta love the Chinese) although I thought three hundred guys storming a resturaunt with rubber axes (watch, they bend, hehe) was a little off.

If you're looking for a action/comedy, Jackie's your man. (Watch out for rubber axes.)

I love Jackie Chan movies - so I'll definitely make a point to see this one at some point. He seems like a very nice/funny guy, and the outtakes are great. I love the big thumbs-up sign he flashes all the time, even when he's right there with a cast on his newly broken leg.

I prefer Chan's moves to that of someone like Jean-Claude Van Damme, or even Bruce Lee. Just more realistic and interesting - you don't have to be a martial arts buff to enjoy how cool it is to see him making use of all the "stuff" around him.

By the way - welcome to MovieForums Walt!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Jackie Chan movies are ok. I tend to like actualy martial arts movies alot better. Taken that Legend of Drunken Master is one of his few actual martial arts movies, a large percent of his movies are too fake and use too many props. I still like them, but I like real martial arts movies better.

Such as Jet Li movies. Go rent Jet Li: Fist of Legend, and you'll see what I'm talking about. I've seen dozens of both his and Chan's movies, and Jet Li's a much better. But that said, I still like Jackie Chan movies. Their cool for a laugh and make you think I wish I could do that.

Who would win in a fight? Jackie Chan or Jet Li? I think it would be Jet Li. Unless it were held in a room full of random props, then I'd have to go with Chan.

Didn't see it.
One of the criticisms I heard about Jet Li's latest movie (can't remember the name) is that it had too much special effects. They used a lot of the Matrix-type animation to have the people flipping and jumping through the air. I didn't see it, but I'm curious what people think who did see it.

I like Jackie Chan movies because of all the incredible stunts he does. I also like the fact that they are not that serious. He makes a lot of movies that make him look goofy--fish out of water kind of stuff. I do prefer the ones with more fighting.

Absolutely! He's not trying to be all cool - he's practical and realistic. He doesn't go in there and jump 20 feet in the air, do a backflip, wrap his legs round the guy's neck and snap it all before landing perfectly on his feet...he actually does the things you see in his movies!

Not only that, but he does them at his current age without any stuntmen (except for some of the really ridiculous non-martial arts things I believe) - the guy is what, 55 years old now?

And of course, he doesn't come in the room and beatup everyone - he's human, and he gets hurt in the movies, but always comes through in the end. He's also a VERY nice guy - that's evident from all of his movies and public appearances.

He simply looks like a very optimistic person - the kind I'd love to spend a day with.

Didn't see it.
I agree Chris.

He actually gets hurt making his movies because he does all of his own stunts, and he is really doing the stuff you see. That one with him jumping in and out of the ladder was unbelievable! That is one of my favorite fight scenes of all time. And then to watch the out-takes of it is hilarious!

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Yea that was just Romeo Must Die, the rest of his movies arn't like that. I hated Romeo Must Die, the plot was stupid, and that action was too fake. His others arn't like that at all. Except maybe "Twin Warriors" or "The Enforcer." Another reason I like him, all of his movies are different. Their not all just martial arts. In alot of his new movies he does a lot of gun play and stuff of that sort, whereas Chan's movies are pretty much all stunts and martial arts. But one of the reasons I think Jet Li doesn't get all the respect he deserves is that he didn't become popular in the U.S. until Lethal Weapon 4 came out, even though he had made over 30 movies before that. I still like Jackie though, and Jackie has his own cartoon and video game which makes him a little more well known. I still think Jet Li rules though. I saw a video on how he trains himself, its amazing the stuff he can do. Oh and he does all his own stunts too.

I agree Chris.

He actually gets hurt making his movies because he does all of his own stunts, and he is really doing the stuff you see. That one with him jumping in and out of the ladder was unbelievable! That is one of my favorite fight scenes of all time. And then to watch the out-takes of it is hilarious!
right !!Jackie Chan: Martial Arts Legend