Up the Academy ~ 1980
Hollywood Knights ~ 1980
Meatballs ~ 1979
Class ~ 1983
Weird Science ~
Bad Boys ~

Yeah a few of these I know some think are stinkers, but I liked 'em as a teen

I love the kid on the bike....
Haha, yeah I wonder if he ever got that two dollars..

but Charles stole the movie, in my opinion.

"I've been going to this high school for seven years- I'm no dummy."

Still Move Forward!!
Hey guys, im new and im going to kick it off with
-Chronicals of Riddick
-Night At The Museum
-All Jurrasic Parks( old school but i love em')
-And last but not least " Failure To Launch"

"Teen movies" being movies about teenagers, not movies watched by teenagers.

But welcome.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Top ten (using the least narrow "about teenagers" test):

1. Akira
2. Picnic at Hanging Rock
3. Don't Play With Fire
4. Blue Spring
5. Brick
6. Ferris Bueller
7. If...
8. Godspeed You Black Emperor
9. Go Go Second Time Virgin
10. Election

Still Move Forward!!
Haha sorry man, thanks. Umm...
Kinda touchy, but i like these
Bang Bang Your Dead- its all i got guys sorry

Still Move Forward!!
Hate to get off topic, can you give me a personal message of a quickie of whats it about please?

Still Move Forward!!
Haha, sorry i never meant it like that man. What is Cocoon about?

Should I call you Logan, Weapon X?
Scream
American Pie
The Breakfast Club
Road Trip
If someone is going to negative rep me for that ^, please at least leave a comment saying why you disagree with me.

Hey guys, wat do u think the best ever teen movies u have seen are???

This discussion obviously is going to split along generational lines, since most of the response so far has named recent films seen by the younger participants. But besides being the best movie about teens that I’ve ever seen, Blackboard Jungle (1955) started a whole genre of teen films. We had already got a glimpse of motorcycle gangs with Brando and Lee Marvin in The Wild One (1954). But that movie was based on a real incident about California motorcycle gangs started by ex-flyers from World War II. That’s where the whole thing of leather jackets painted with club names and colors came from—members of bomber crews during the war.

Blackboard Jungle, however, was the first big film (maybe the first ever) about teenage delinquents in an inner city high school. Moreover, the opening credits with Bill Haley and the Comets playing “Rock Around the Clock” is considered by my generation as THE birth of Rock and Roll. In many theaters at that time, as the film started to roll and that music blasted out of the speakers, teens started dancing in the aisles. There were newspaper reports at the time of projectors being shut down, police called, theaters closed. It was one of the first films since Birth of a Nation where what was happening on the screen spilled out of the theater into the streets. With Nation, there were race riots; with Jungle, there were reports of gang fights after the film. Rebel Without a Cause (1955) came out later that year, but that was mostly a film about teens from well-to-do California families, whereas Blackboard Jungle had kids of every color and creed. It also had rock music, which led to many other films that were little more than the music videos of their day—short on plots and packed with the top tunes on rock stations--Don't Knock the Rock, Rock Around the Clock, Rock, Rock, Rock! (1956) High School Confidential (1958). Rock jock Alan Freed, the man credited with coining the phrase “rock and roll” had a prominent part in most of them.

So Blackboard Jungle wasn’t just an entertaining film about teens, it had great influence on teen behavior, music, and the way that society viewed teens for several years after. I submit that the story holds up as well today as it did in the 1950s. Technology has evolved from the 78 rpm record collection of one teacher in the film to today's CDs, but human behavior remains the same.

1)Breakfast club
2)Pretty in Pink
3)Back to the future
4)Can't buy me love
5)Rebel without a cause (a classic)

The Goonies

BANNED
hi.. new bie is here!! For me "a walk to remember" by mandy moore..

The Virgin Suicides (1999, Sofia Coppola)
Kids (1995, Larry Clark)
Heathers (1989, Michael Lehmann)
Welcome To The Dollhouse (1995, Todd Solondz)
River's Edge (1986, Tim Hunter)
Mean Creek (2004, Jacob Aaron Estes)
A Nighmare on Elm Street series
Dangerous Minds (1995, John N. Smith)
The Breakfast Club (1985, John Hughes)
Now and Then - late tweens (1995, Lesli Linka Glatter)
Pump Up The Volume (1990, Allan Moyle)
Detroit Rock City (1999, Adam Rifkin)

Without question. Weird Science

hi.. new bie is here!! For me "a walk to remember" by mandy moore..
I was very disappointed with A Walk to Remember in that its characters had little relationship to those in the book. It was so unlike the book, in fact, that I turned off the DVD.

Not sure if it has been mentioned, but I really enjoyed The Outsiders. I had read the book as a youth, but the movie brought it home for me. The cast, if you look at it today would cost quite a bit to put on the screen, well Cruise for sure. Anyway I think this film should be in the top 15 or so.