Song Lyrics that make you think

Tools    

Rock God
lol..... we're all cooler just for being here, i know.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by BrodieMan
wow, you consider MoFo a utopia? that's a pretty high compliment.

Did you even read the lyrics? It talks about sharing your feelings, learning from others, support, discernment...and on and on. Why would you post at a forum if you aren't meeting some sort of social need?

I've met a lot of cool people via this site and have learned a lot. The song isn't about MoFo being my Utopia, it's about the---Oh nevermind. You either get it or you don't.

Matt- Yes, the song is off her new Cd. Check out some of the other songs as well. I really like So Unsexy and You Owe Me Nothing in Return.

Patti- We should see what music we have in common.

I'm not a huge Alanis fan...but I must stand in awe of Jagged Little Pill. She's like Lauren Hill in the sense that you can FEEL her emotion through the songs. You really, truly can, if you're open to it. That album just surged with it.

sades......my musical tastes run kinda parallel to my movie taste......mostly classics.....old rock and roll, folk, old style jazz and blues; .......billy holiday, ella fitzgerald, louis armstrong, .......and i love ray charles, tom waits, leonard cohen, simon and garfunkel, james taylor........and let's see........ramones, REM, ............

i haven't bought music in ages, haven't had a decent stereo ever.......nor in my car......lamo shlamo!!!!!!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by TWTCommish
I'm not a huge Alanis fan...but I must stand in awe of Jagged Little Pill. She's like Lauren Hill in the sense that you can FEEL her emotion through the songs. You really, truly can, if you're open to it. That album just surged with it.
Then you should try her new album, it's amazing, and more identifiable.

Patti: " At last...my love...has come along." I love Ella...

Rock God
hey, patti, if you like the harry chapin version of cats in the cradle, have you heard the ugly kid joe remake?

and we should all be posting stuff by tenacious d, spinal tap, and the bloodhound gang. i've been remiss in posting THEIR lyrics.

ugly kid joe?

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by patti
ugly kid joe?
You aren't missing anything.

How about the lyrics to Genie in a Bottle? I've always sat and meditated on the meaning of life. Inside a bottle.

" I'm a genie in a bottle
Gotta rub me the right way."

wow. Kinda makes you think, doesn't it.

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
Radiohead - their lyrics make me wonder what drugs they're doing!

Rock God
radiohead is awesome.

christina aguilera makes me think of how asinine the music industry is. lol..... just teasing.

sades - the ugly kid joe version isn't that great, but patti likes the song, so i'm just curious what she thought about it.

brodie.....i don't know ugly kid joe - haven't heard that version.

Patti, turn on The Oscars and get in The Shoutbox already.

Geesh.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
christina aguilera makes me think of how asinine the music industry is. lol..... just teasing.

You DID pick up on the sarcasm surrounding the whole Genie in a Bottle comment? No?

Rock God
yes, i could pick up on your sarcasm.

Now With Moveable Parts
yes, i could pick up on your sarcasm.
Oops, I put an "i" in again, didn't I? I remember doing that before and someone making fun of me.

Rock God
i'm not making fun of you. have you heard any good music lately?

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm liking Alanis Morisette's new album

Natalie Imb-blah-blah-blah's new one
(sorry, that one is a toughie to spell)

and I'm listening to a lot of Third Day. I know, I know...they're a Christian band...but they ROCK STEADY! Remind me of my favorite, but broken up now, band...the Black Crowes.

Christian music doesn't suck by definition; just by probability. I like Newsboys most of the time. It's good stuff...and POD is easily one of the greatest Christian bands of all time, IMO. Unfortunately most of it is cheesy, though. I mean, goodness; does EVERY song need to be about God? It's not a sin to sing about love, a girl, or just plain having fun.

Rock God
sorry about the crowes, i share your pain. lately i've rediscovered soundgarden . i love any band that is completely unapologetically rock. they are truly awesome, and chris cornell (in the words of henry rollins) "can peel paint off walls".

don't apologize for listening to christian rock, either. there are tons of great bands that wear their convictins on their sleeve. as long as they're not jamming their opinions down everyone's throats, i think christian rock bands actually write some of the better lyrics today.