Sketch comedy poll

Tools    

Which sketch comedy do/did you like best?
0%
0 votes
In Living Color
7.14%
1 votes
SCTV
21.43%
3 votes
Mad TV
57.14%
8 votes
Saturday Night Live
21.43%
3 votes
Kids In The Hall
14 votes. You may not vote on this poll

I got this idea after a thread made by another member here. Which sketch comedy do you or did you like best? I like Mad TV. There are lots more shows, but the ones I watched are..

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
SNL is the old stand by but I haven't loved it recently.
Kids in the Hall was always good and I wish it would have gone on forever...*sniff*

Originally Posted by 2wrongs
SNL is the old stand by but I haven't loved it recently.
Kids in the Hall was always good and I wish it would have gone on forever...*sniff*
Are you Canadian? If so they play reruns of Kids In the Hall on the Comedy Network. They are great to watch even if you have seen them all a hundred times.

Monty Python's Flying Circus

Put me in your pocket...
All-time...Carol Burnett!

Of the ones listed....SNL.

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Mad TV puts a pleasureable smile on my face.

Do you know my poetry?
In Living Color - Meh.

SCTV - Got a few laughs out of me, but overall didn't really care for it.

Mad TV - I seriously never thought this show was funny.

Saturday Night Live - Used to be so great, now just a very terribly unfunny sketch show.

Kids in the Hall - Quite funny, but never really worked for me.

And now, for something completely different...

Monty Python's Flying Circus - Python is the funniest sketch show of all time and it will always be.

1. "Your Show of Shows"/"Caesar's Hour"
2. "Monty Python's Flying Circus"
3. "The Kids in the Hall"
4. "The Carol Burnett Show"
5. "Mr. Show with Bob & David"
6. "SCTV"
7. "Saturday Night Live"
8. "The Muppet Show"
9. "The Tracy Ullman Show"
10. "Upright Citizens Brigade"
11. "The Colgate Comedy Hour"
12. "Laugh-In"
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by gummo
Are you Canadian? If so they play reruns of Kids In the Hall on the Comedy Network. They are great to watch even if you have seen them all a hundred times.
I have the DVD. I'd say I've seen all the sketches more than enough times. Enough to make everyone around me tired of it. My favorite sketch is the song, "These are the Daves I know".

I've always loved The Muppet Show, Monty Python's Flying Circus, and Kids in the Hall.

There was also a very short lived show on Comedy Central that I thought was great, it was Viva Variety. It was a great spoof of the Sonny & Cher show, and they had some awesome musical guests including Fishbone, and Soul Coughing. I loved that show but it seems as though I was the only person who ever watched it...

Saturday Night Live - The greatest live sketch show ever. It never
stopped making me laugh. SNL tops the list for me!!!

SCTV - A classic. Where all the greatest comics originated

In Living Color - Alright Show. Mostly enjoyed Jim Carey and Damon Wayons.

Mad TV - I loved it until the cast got to be sh*t.

Kids in the Hall - Seen it on cable. Needs to be thrown in the "Lost and Never Found Again" pile.

I've only ever heard of Saturday Night Live which has a few funny moments.
The best sketch shows i have seen are the two ronnies, morcome and wise and monty pyhton, oldies but goodies and never beaten yet for good ol laughs.