The Perfect Robins for Batman Begins Sequel/Sequels...?

Tools    

Since they've already hinted that Batman Begins may have a sequel they may even introduce Robin... but who to choose? I have asked myself this so many times. Its a hard one. But I think that if they use Dick Grayson in 2 then in 3 show his transformation into Nightwing and introduce Tim Drake then we need to choose 2 robins. Heres both of my choices;

Dick Grayson Nightwing
Well for Dick Grayson I would choose... Colin Farrell. He's an actor that could play a fun and heroic robin and also play a dark and moody robin. He looks like he 'used' to be a fun outgoing person and now is more darkish charecter which is what Nightwing needs.

Tim Drake Robin
And as for Tim Drake (my favourite Robin because he reminds me of me!) I could only think of one person who could capture the essence of young teenage hero Robin and that is.... Elijah Wood. He would be capable of playing a good teenager who can take on the responsibilities of Robin and one thing that needs to be captured is Tims problems as well as his heroic alias. He a charecter that has all of the usual teenage problems as well.

What do you think?

i can't think of anyone better

Never conform, never compromise....
Originally Posted by Michael_myers
i can't think of anyone better

I can..how about NO ONE!!!. They should just leave him out of these movies, and mabye keep them decent. IMO, his character is one of the worst ever ceated by DC Comics, and he also was one of the worst parts of the last two movies, but hey, like I said thats just my opinion.
- Corey Taylor (2002)

well, props to you for that much, but assuming that they do put him in the movie, who should play him??

Your Puuuur-fect Movie Companion!
Originally Posted by Endless
I can..how about NO ONE!!!. They should just leave him out of these movies, and mabye keep them decent. IMO, his character is one of the worst ever ceated by DC Comics, and he also was one of the worst parts of the last two movies, but hey, like I said thats just my opinion.
I'll have to agree with Endless. It's hard to effectively visualize a dark masked vigilante with years of training in the ancient arts fighting in a city of crime - with a bright multi-colored, un-trained teenage boy whipping out witty lines at every turn, and almost the equal of the dark knight (???)

If they really had to give Batman a sidekick, they should go with Nightwing so they can just skip the multi-colored nightmare.

btw Ash_Lee, interesting pick! What a stud!

"Never let a dog pick what you watch."

Ok, well, I have to agree with KittyJunkie, that if they HAVE to put him in, that they should go with the nightwing character. As to who should play him...I agree Colin Farrell would be a good choice...but he looks older then Bale, lol. I think that Jake Gyllenhall(sp?) would be a good candidate, even though he was considered for the part of the Caped Crusader himself, lol.

Originally Posted by Zzat
isnt Batman 5 a Prequel?
Yes it is, and it is not actually Batman 5, since it has nothing to do with the last 4. If you want to count them, then it should really be batman 6...don't forget they made one movie with..Adamn West, lol.

Well, all I have to say about this is they better do it right. (If it's done) Don''t film a piece of sh*t flick, and get the right person to play the character. I though have yet to think of whom. Colin Farrell? I don't know about that.

They totally b*lloxed everything up the last time with that stupid pathetic Batman and Robin movie, and apart from anything the acting really REALLY sucked! They've done the right thing totally startin again and hopefully it'll b a dark, eery, powerful Batman Begins like the initial title suggested 'Intimidation.' With the way it is it's lookin pretty good. Batman is a more serious, dark character/ superhero. Puttin a kid in might not b a good idea YET. Mayb after a couple of sequels. But if it isnt as good as Spiderman (in a different way) it'll b slammed as a flop. And Spiderman's gona b hard to live up to!

Originally Posted by Endless
Yes it is, and it is not actually Batman 5, since it has nothing to do with the last 4. If you want to count them, then it should really be batman 6...don't forget they made one movie with..Adamn West, lol.
Then why does Wonder Boy say they going introduce Robin in Batman Begins

Doesnt Robin Show up in Batman Forever

There's treachery afoot!!!
Originally Posted by Tazz
Then why does Wonder Boy say they going introduce Robin in Batman Begins

Doesnt Robin Show up in Batman Forever
I never said that!!

There's treachery afoot!!!
That occurede to me right after i posted it and i felt like a complete idiot.

In the Beginning...
Robin appeared as one of the many "sidekick" characters that were attached to all the major DC superheroes because the creators wanted to lure more pre-pubescent comic book readers by dropping pre-pubescent characters into the stories. The idea was, kids would relate with the young sidekicks, and follow along as if they were in the role (how cool would it be to fight alongside Batman, and all that).

Batman's character has come a long way since then - he went through a brightly colored, deputized period before Frank Miller and the like said, "we've had enough," and started turning Batman to the darker side of things. The only problem is, where does that leave Robin - a completely unnecessary sidekick to Batman, who - now darker and more complete in character - would never have put a kid out there to fight crime. Well, they turned Dick Grayson into Nightwing, a darker and more streamlined version of Batman himself. They killed off Jason Todd (or tried to), so that we wouldn't have a Robin to deal with. And within the past couple years, Tim Drake has come along - he's a pretty good character, and he's like a little kid version of Batman (his personality, that is) - but he's still Robin.

If I had my way, we wouldn't see Robin ever again. He takes too much away from Batman's character, and he was created for a now-obsolete reason anyway. Some of today's writers have given Tim Drake a role where Robin really has none, which is cool - so if we have to see a Robin, I'd rather see Tim Drake than anyone else.

My pick for Tim Drake would not be Elijah Wood, though. He's too old, and I don't think he could play Drake's wily personality.

Originally Posted by Tazz
isnt Batman 5 a Prequel?
I'd say it's more of a remake than a prequel. 'Cause, you know, The Joker didn't kill Bruce Wayne's parents, did he?

Originally Posted by Sinny McGuffins
I'd say it's more of a remake than a prequel. 'Cause, you know, The Joker didn't kill Bruce Wayne's parents, did he?

Batman Begins is yes...a smart and true to the form reinvention to the Batman legacy.

And true,the Joker was never involved. It was just Tim Burton's own idea in his 1989 film to use him. Joe Chill is the guy who murdered Mr and Mrs. Wayne.

pat sajak