Men In Black 3

Tools    

I'm an Irish Leprechaun
Columbia has started development on a third installment of "Men In Black," but don't break out the Ray Bans yet. Pic's careful early course underscores how hard it is to assemble tentpoles.

Barry Sonnenfeld's returning to develop a sequel idea Will Smith pitched to him with Tommy Lee Jones. While the holdup on "MIB2" was a prohibitive gross pay out, the peril here is potential clashes. Producer Walter Parkes and Sonnenfeld don't get along, evidenced by the latter's exit from "Lemony Snicket" when Par invited DreamWorks to partner. Smith and Jones won't do the film without Sonnenfeld, so Sony's plan is to let the director run with Smith's concept. Parkes would take a back seat.

I don't think that would be such a great idea. To do another MIB, that would be over kill.. the second one, was not that great of a movie. they should jus stop there.

Josh Brolin for Men In Black 3?

With next summer's Jonah Hex in post-production, the LA Times is now reporting that actor Josh Brolin could have another big blockbuster lined up to tackle. At the paper's Hero Complex blog, it's now reporting that Brolin is being considered for a role in Sony's upcoming Men In Black 3.

There's nothing specific on what part he'd play in the film, but it would lead to the suspicion that Tommy Lee Jones' role could be toned down for the third movie. We might be going out on a limb here, and much as we like Tommy Lee Jones as an actor (and as a director), it's Will Smith who has the box office pulling power. So could Brolin be teaming up with him for the next film?

The current status of the project is that screenwriter Etan Cohen - who penned Tropic Thunder - has put together a script, and original director Barry Sonnenfeld is believed to be interested in returning.

Furthermore, Sony is apparently keen to get Men In Black 3 before the cameras in 2010 at some point, although, given that Brolin has True Grit and Cartel on his plate, it might be tricky to fit that all in.

Still, it does seem that Men In Black 3 could be heading our way for the summer of either 2011 or 2012. In the meantime, here's the story at the LA Times.

Source: Den of Geek

Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones back for Men in Black 3

Last month there was a report saying that Will Smith was deciding what his next movie would be after taking a two year break. One option was Men in Black 3, and the other was a family fantasy called The City that Sailed. Well according to Showbiz 411 it seems Will is up for some more alien action and has decided to return, along with Tommy Lee Jones, for Men in Black 3.

I guess it’s official, more or less.

Director Barry Sonnenfeld tells me that “Men in Black 3-D” is ready to roll. Will Smith has signed on, Tommy Lee Jones is in, and a script is awaited.

Yes. I did say 3D. “Men in Black 3? will be in 3D. Sonnenfeld says it is so. Why not? Everything else is, and this is one movie that might be cool in the process.

Sonnenfeld told me he’d get me a neuralizer–that’s the cigar holder like gizmo that erases memories–but he couldn’t promise it would work! (I love that thing.)

Nevertheless, you can bet Sony is juiced to get this puppy moving since “Spider Man 4? fell apart. They are in desperate need of a blockbuster for next Memorial Day May 2011. And “Men in Black” is like money in the bank.
Barry Sonnenfeld directed the first two Men in Black movies, so all the old crew has returned. Men in Black was released back in 1997 and made $589 million worldwide, it was then followed by Men in Black 2 which didn’t do as well with $441 million in 2002. Nonetheless a third outing will no doubt be a hit, so everyone involved can expect a nice payday.

Source: Filmonic

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
HELL YEAH!!!

This is supurb news!!! Cannot wait for this

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Is there a British equivalent to the Pep Boys (Car Repairs): Manny, Moe & Jack? (Please don't say See No, Hear No, Speak No)

Employee of the Month
Kingdom of Crystal Skulls was average, Men in Black II terrible. Nevertheless, as a big fan of the original movie, I`m looking forward to see this one. Things can only get better.

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
Ive been thinking of this quite allot today, my concern is that as its been a longtime since MIB & MIB2 that the writers are going to be completly different and they are going to try and make this movie more for the younger generation. My hopes are high I must say but there is the thought in my mind that this is going to be ruined.

Men in Black 3 release date set

Last month director Barry Sonnenfeld revealed that Men in Black 3 is ready to roll, with Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones signed up to reprise their roles. Now Columbia has given Men in Black 3 a release date of May 25th 2012, and will be shooting it in 3D.

According to Deadline Josh Brolin is also in talks to join the film, and the story will involve a bit of time travelling.

The film will use a time travel element that moves the action from contemporary back to 1969. Brolin will play the younger version of Jones’s Agent Kay character.

I’m told that Rick Baker has been designing and building the creatures, Bo Welch has been designing the sets, and David Koepp has been polishing a script by Etan Cohen that got this whole thing started.
Barry Sonnenfeld directed the first two Men in Black movies, so all the old crew has returned. Men in Black was released back in 1997 and made $589 million worldwide, it was then followed by Men in Black 2 which didn’t do as well with $441 million in 2002. Nonetheless a third outing will no doubt be a hit, so everyone involved can expect a nice payday.

No word on when filming will begin, but it will most likely be in the first half of 2011.

Source: Filmonic

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
me too... but it might be a good change for new ideas to be brought around, coz MIB 2 was a bit repetitive. ...
I do love both films, but the idea of going back in time just seems really off to me, I dont know why but im still going to watch the movie just I feel like its had a dampener put on it for me at the moment.