The Eye: A Must See!

→ in
Tools    

My life isn't written very well.
http://www.theeyefilm.com or http://www.mongkolfilm.com/theeye/index_th.html

Wow!

Go get this one Now! Rent it, buy it--just see it!

By far the most engaging horror movie I've seen in a long time.

This Chinese horror import should be seen before Tom Cruise's production company finishes re-making it for the American audience.

Mun, a blind violinist undergoes a risky surgery that will enable her to see again. Blind since the age of 2, Min is eager to finally see the world around her. But what Min doesn't know, is that the surgery--a cornea transplant--in all it's success has become a curse. Her new corneas have made it possible for her to see, and forsee people's deaths and their ghosts after the fact.

One part of the movie stylishly unravels the mystery of why she can see what other's do not. The other part of the movie--in one of the greatest suspence sequences since Hitchcock's "man lighting a cigar in a gas station" from The Birds--brings about one of the greatest endings you will ever see crafted on your television set.

Complete with great special effects, adrenalized pacing, and eerie camera work, The Eye will have you glued to the sofa. A "twist" in the middle of the movie will make light work of your curiosity, and the geniune scares will make any snack you're eating end up in your lap.

Do me a favor folks: watch this now before it's American adaptation. If you dislike subtitles, tough! This movie is a visual delight.

There is enough style in this film to satisfy everyone here, from potential film makers (Silver) to true horror buffs (Sexy) to the average movie lover (Yoda).
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	theeye_182x270.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	16.5 KB
ID:	1954  

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Good review. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as you did though. I thought the beginning was a little slow and not as engaging as it could have been, but when the scares come they are brilliant.