Made

→ in
Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I watched this today(was released onto video today), and I have to say that it wasn't a terrible movie.

Made, a "sequel" to Swingers in which the two main characters are back, wasn't terrible, but it wasn't spectacular. I expected a few more laughs, but I just started to get annoyed with Vince Vaughns character. Don't really have much to say about it, but I wouldn't turn this movie down if it's on the shelf at your local video store. It's a fairly decent flick.

Who else has seen it???
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Huh, first of all these are NOT supposed to be the same characters from Swingers and this is not a "sequel". The poster was a bit misleading by proclaiming "The guys from Swingers are back", but that meant Favreau and Vaughn, not their characters Mikey and Trent.

I saw Made over the summer and enjoyed it, and a good deal more than "it wasn't terrible". For a low-key comic character study in the gangster milieu, you can do a lot worse than this movie. Favreau and Vaughn are great and play off of each other well, as you'd expect. Even though Falk is really only in two scenes, he's brilliant and dead-pan hysterical. I was pleasantly impressed by how well Sean "Puffy Daddy/Puffy/P Diddy" Combs did in his fairly substantial role. Famke Janssen isn't asked to do much, but she's solid (always easy on the eyes - though sorry, fellas, no nudity). And Vincent "Big Pu$sy" Pastore is always a treat, no matter how much screentime he's given. Some nice littel cameos sprinkled throughout as well.

This is Favreau's directorial debut (he wrote Swingers, but Doug Liman directed it), and I thought it was assured stuff. Vaughn does his thing perfectly as the annoying motormouth & clueless wannabe, and Favreau's loveable loser is the great glue that holds the story together. I loved the characters and thought it was funny and truthful, so what more could you want, Bubbie? I'll give it a grade of B+, well worth looking into and discovering now (since nobody saw it in the theater).

I picked up the DVD today too, but haven't had a chance to watch it yet. I'm especially looking forward to the Favreau & Vaughn commentary.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Holden Pike

so what more could you want, Boobie? I'll give it a grade of B+, well worth looking into and discovering now (since nobody saw it in the theater).

Boobie? No. Vaughn would be enough for me, thanks.

Now With Moveable Parts
A sexy schmuck. Not many guys can pull that off....Holden.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
i went to the theater to watch this, for lack of anything else to watch, and not knowing, going in, what it was. but i did have the sensation it had some relation to "Swingers" ... apparently mistakenly.

aaanyway ... i found Vaughn's character exceedingly annoying, so much so that i no longer found the cuteness enough to forgive him for it. as a whole i didn't find the film too amusing, engaging, or ... well it was just flat out annoying and i got a headache midway through, hoped for the best for the other character, and just wanted it to end.

sorry, wouldn't encourage renting this unless you were out of other options.

*cowers* don't hurt me, holden, please!

I won't hurt you, thmilin. And saying please won't help, I ain't M.C. Hammer.

I suppose that's going to be one of the most common criticism of the film, that Vince Vaughn's Ricky character is just TOO annoying to care about. I thought he was funny, and while if I were his buddy in real life I would have whacked him out myself years ago, I found it amusing to see poor Bobby (Favreau) saddled with him, their personalities in constant conflict.

For the flow and context of the film, I thought it worked very well. But I can see someone not being able to take that character as is. That's the point of course, but I could imagine some viewer's tastes resulting in them turning off emotionally because he's too far over-the-top in their eyes.

On the more dramatic side of the film, the stuff with Favreau and the little girl I really liked, especially the pay-off at the end of the movie. I thought it was all integrated together well.

Just watched some of the extras included on the DVD. The outtakes were entertaining. It's hard to believe they ever got enough footage of them not breaking each other up to fill the whole 90-some minutes of the movie's narrative.

Listening to the commentary track now, complete with telestrator enhancement. Good stuff.

Another nice little bonus in the DVD supplements...

For anybody who's ever wondered what became of Peter Billingsley, the child actor who starred as Ralphie in A Christmas Story and 'Messy Marvin' in a series of Hershey's Chocolate Syrup TV commercials, you can see and hear him as he is today on the Made disc. Billingsley, now 30-years-old, is a good friend of Vaughn & Favreau, and he served as a producer on the film. You get to see him in some of the interview clips with cast and crew, plus he also joins Vince & John on the audio commentary track.

I must become Caligari..!
I really enjoyed this, No Where near Swingers, but still a good film. i bought the DVD but i dont think R4 has Commentry .
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...