Minio's Ramblings on Cinema

Tools    

Hong Kong action film buff.
Have you seen Blood Fingers/Brutal Boxer yet? It's a 1972 HK action film that's said to be one of the bloodiest in the genre.
And yes, Jackie acts in the film, but his total screentime is about 50 seconds long, all in seperate scenes. The trailer looks pretty cool.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Have you seen Blood Fingers/Brutal Boxer yet? It's a 1972
No. Bad quality rip & English dub only & the edges of the frame seem to have been cut / bad aspect ratio.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Hong Kong action film buff.
No. Bad quality rip & English dub only & the edges of the frame seem to have been cut / bad aspect ratio.
well that won't stop me from watching it.
another recommendation is 'ATTACK OF THE KUNG FU GIRLS' - A movie so violent the MPAA gave it a PG rating!!!

(It's M15+ here in Aussie)

Interestingly, he didn't watch all the films with translation - some of them didn't have Japanese subtitles, and Hamaguchi still doesn't speak English that well - which made him focus more on expression: bodily and verbal, which he would later illustrate beautifully in “Drive My Car.” By the same token, he also became interested in another language, that of film - the pace and rhythm of film, its breathing and pauses, structure and atmosphere, editing. In this way Hamaguchi became receptive to cinema - he put his body to the test and received films bodily.
Yet another proof that all greats & legit filmmakers & cinephiles do this. And the reason why he's so good formally. Puny directors of today focus all on ideas and story and can't shoot a film for shieeeeeeeeeeeet. Don't know how to make it breathe, and so on.

TFW you have a 6-hour-long silent serial but without any soundtrack and you have to decide what to listen to while watching it but then you realize it's too late anyway and you won't fit it in today and tomorrow there's work and you won't fit it in either and you end up disappointed and sad and then rush to watch at least two other 90-minute-long films to get the best of Sunday and then realize that by posting on MoFo you're wasting precious minutes and want to say something rude and outrageous to get banned but then realize it'd be childish and decide to just stop visiting MoFo and then remember Jeff and then you no longer care and just want to watch movies till you die instead of MoFoing it.

The dude was mad.
On the contrary, I believe one has to be masochist in order to make films for oneself and not for others. To know one's lineage, one's (national) cinema, one's socio-political environment - aren't those the necessary conditions that forces one into the act of artistic creation? To not blindly accept the universal language of cinema, but to particularize/contextualize it - to internalize and make it "mine". That requires a certain level of self-awareness to be receptive to intense sensation passing through one's body (and mind).