The Final Destination Movie Review

→ in
Tools    

People are actually doubtful about this movie which death seems to take up the spotlight for having nine to 10 deaths in one film setting. Outrageous? Maybe, maybe not.

The Final Destination is the fourth in the “Final Destination” franchise and the first 3D installment. This movie is written by Eric Bress and is directed by David R. Ellis, the guys behind Final Destination 2.
This horror film will definitely thrill and excite fans. Maybe what most people are really excited about is not the story, which is just the same old blueprint recreated but the varying cinematic experience that this movie will bring in 3D.

The story tells of a fun-filled day at the races. Bobby Campo as Nick O’ Bannon has a horrifying premonition in which an uncanny series of events causes multiple race cars to crash, sending blazing debris into the stands, viciously killing his peers, and causing the upper deck of the stands to crumple on him.

When he awakens out of his gruesome nightmare, Nick panics, urging his girlfriend, Lori (Shantel VanSanten), and their friends, Janet (Haley Webb) and Hunt (Nick Zano), to leave, escaping seconds before Nick’s terrifying vision becomes a dreadful reality.

Unfortunately for Nick and Lori, the frightful reality is only the beginning. Fans of this movie franchise will certainly get goosebumps especially after how Nick finally figure out how to cheat death before he reaches his final destination.

Many people say it's the worst film in the franchise. I don't know why. Must find out. or not.

Just AWEFUL.
Most likely the worst movie series I've ever seen.
No plot, no nothing, really.

Many people say it's the worst film in the franchise. I don't know why. Must find out. or not.

I saw this the other night with my girlfriend. I actually thought it was a little better than the 3rd one, which still isn't saying much but still. I'm a fan of the first one, thought the 2nd one was surprisingly entertaining, 3rd one was bollocks this one was passable. I mean, I don't expect much from these films so I am rarely disappointed. So Veronica, if you watch it hoping to watch some pretty inventive death sequences then you should be pleased. I won't say anything about the story except that like the lad mentioned above me said, there isn't much of one.

What I will say though is that 3D cinema is superbly overrated. Like seriously. I don't like it. At all. You want to talk about gimmicky..3D cinema is as gimmicky as it gets. It adds almost nothing and even though I got to see the Avatar trailer in 3D, I doubt it'll be as revolutionary as Jim Cameron suggests. If anything it's actually less immersive than traditional 2D cinema because even though you get the images popping out at you, you get a small screen. Screw 3D and long live IMAX.

I'm not a big fan of the Final Destination series. I saw the first two and it started to get old quickly. The first one had a cool premise. Should have stopped there.