Ufc

Tools    

The awkward moment when cinemaafficionado forgets that it's scored by round and Hendricks won the first two rounds.

Those 8 takedowns sure do look a whole lot better than 0.
You wouldn't bet your life that that scoring system is as accurate as you make it out to be or are the fighters fitted electronicaly so that every little tap registers?
Those stats are never 100% accurate, just like the flawed judges that interpret them.
You need to be able to make up your own mind based on what you actually see, but I see that would be a stretch for you.
You do have a talent, though. I'm sure the UFC could use another statistician.

You must have a kink in your brain, sir. Fight Metric is about as accurate as you can get when it comes to fight statistics, and when Hendricks clearly wins the 1st (this is something any half-retarded person could "make up their own mind about", so yes, even you), and then scores 4 takedowns in an evenly contested 2nd, I'd say it's pretty common sense for me to make up my own mind on Hendricks winning that round as well. He did not win the third, which again, I had made up in my own mind based upon what I was watching. The judges base their scores (therefore "making up their mind") based on what they see, not on post-fight analytic statistics. Every half-assed mma fan knows that much, and that's why there are always controversies with judging. In this case, I think they got it right.

Does the scoring need some adjustments/room for improvement? Certainly. Would it have changed the outcome of this fight? Debatable at best. The fact is, with the current scoring system, Hendricks won this fight and deserved it.

Don't get angry when actual facts are presented to you.

Just watched the fight again. Hendricks definitely won the 1st and 2nd. Condit needed to do what he did in the third to steal one of those first two rounds from Hendricks, and he simply did not. He was active, but still controlled. Condit was the aggressor in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, but in the 2nd round he didn't win any of the striking exchanges (at the very most they were dead even) and many of those exchanges ended with a successful Hendricks takedown. Condit threw a lot of flashy strikes, particularly those knees (which ended up betraying him), but Hendricks was able to block almost all of them. Hendricks was able to capitalize on moments with takedowns and some close-quarter boxing, which were then not answered with any actual capitalization from Condit. Hendricks did what he could on the ground with an active Condit, and they were even in amount of significant strikes (wouldn't say any of the ground strikes were technically significant on either side) while on the ground, and that's simply not enough to completely negate any of the takedowns that Hendricks scored. Neither is being controlled for a little while and slowly working back up to your feet, where you then don't actually capitalize (although this is what Condit was able to do in the 3rd round, which he definitely won)

You must have a kink in your brain, sir. Fight Metric is about as accurate as you can get when it comes to fight statistics, and when Hendricks clearly wins the 1st (this is something any half-retarded person could "make up their own mind about", so yes, even you), and then scores 4 takedowns in an evenly contested 2nd, I'd say it's pretty common sense for me to make up my own mind on Hendricks winning that round as well. He did not win the third, which again, I had made up in my own mind based upon what I was watching. The judges base their scores (therefore "making up their mind") based on what they see, not on post-fight analytic statistics. Every half-assed mma fan knows that much, and that's why there are always controversies with judging. In this case, I think they got it right.

Does the scoring need some adjustments/room for improvement? Certainly. Would it have changed the outcome of this fight? Debatable at best. The fact is, with the current scoring system, Hendricks won this fight and deserved it.

Don't get angry when actual facts are presented to you.
" Fight Metric is as accurate as you can get it "???? Where exactly did you get this news flash?
First of all, most guys that fight MMA are in agreement that the whole scoring system needs to be revamped.
The problem is that judging is too arbitrary.
Prioiritizing boundaries have not been established. When you look at strikes, what makes them more significant and how does one differentiate between them and award points? What is more important: volume or damage and how do you grade it? How much do you reward a takedown? Does takedown effectiveness count if there is no subsequent ground and pound and how much? Any points for just LnP? What about ring generalship and control? Takedown defenses, sub attempts and defenses? Knockdowns? Overall aggression?
Those are all components of a fight but they are not clearly defined and scored. The judges are left to interpret them subjectively.
That's why judges suck and so do most refs, not knowing the fine line when to stop a fight ( as it varies with every fighter and situation ).
" When a fighter can't defend himself intelligently " is so open to interpretation. Some guys can take more punishment than others and are capable of coming back. A good ref knows this. It's also clear when a guy is completely out and shouldn't take 6 to 7 additional hits.
Anyway, the bottom line is: MMA SCORING< REFFING AND JUDGING NEEDS TO BE COMPLETELY REVAMPED AND THE RULES CLEARLY SPELLED OUT!
The problem is that it's not in the best interest of some of those who profit from the ambiguity!

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Funny that, a keyboard warrior calling me a keyboard warrior. Paradoxically, to your cred, you did manage to get the street fighter right, but seriously dude, you need to get a life and stop posting silly comments about something you so clearly have no clue about.
And yeah, you are right again. I may not know everything about MMA but I sure know more than you, both in theory and practise.
It would probably take me less than a minute to school you but I guess we will never know , we'll we?
I know nothing about? Diaz has always had a weakness for wrestlers so what was you expecting him to do?. Unless your fairly new to the Mma scene and you don't know George St Pierre then I can't understand why you thought the fight would go different. Even when the fight was standing George was alot more creative, he was jabbing Nicks head back and fourth. Nick is only good when he pulls opponents into his game, Gsp is to clever and intellegent to fall into a banging match with Diaz.

I know nothing about? Diaz has always had a weakness for wrestlers so what was you expecting him to do?. Unless your fairly new to the Mma scene and you don't know George St Pierre then I can't understand why you thought the fight would go different. Even when the fight was standing George was alot more creative, he was jabbing Nicks head back and fourth. Nick is only good when he pulls opponents into his game, Gsp is to clever and intellegent to fall into a banging match with Diaz.
That's all fine and dandy on paper but as you know MMA is not as detached.
There was a lot of hype leading up to this fight and the emotional factor ( Nick getting inside GSP's head and being highly motivated to perform to the best of his ability ) could have been the difference.
The problem was that Nick fought the first two rounds as if he was sleep walking. It wasn't so much George out-wrestling him. There was something missing in Nick. Not only was he not fired up but he was completely flat.
I know what he's capable of. He didn't deliver a fraction of it.
Even against Condit, he was still moving forward.
I don't want to hear what a great fighter GSP is when he beats someone that was completely lackluster.
The Condit-Hendricks fight, I might have an issue with the scoring, but both guys gave it their all and up to now, it definitely was the best fight of the year. That's why they both got bonuses.
Diaz wants a re-match. I wouldn't give him s..t.

GSP still sucks though [subjective]. He can't finish a glass of milk [objective].
Bold predictions: either Hendricks or Ellenberger takes GSP out!

Jones fights Anderson Silva at catch-weight and beats him.

Daniel Cormier moves down to LHW and beats Jon Jones.

JDS stops Mark Hunt!
JDS destroys Overeem!
Bigfoot shocks the world!
JDS stop Bigfoot!
JDS stops Cain, again!

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Bold predictions: either Hendricks or Ellenberger takes GSP out!

Jones fights Anderson Silva at catch-weight and beats him.

Daniel Cormier moves down to LHW and beats Jon Jones.

JDS stops Mark Hunt!
JDS destroys Overeem!
Bigfoot shocks the world!
JDS stop Bigfoot!
JDS stops Cain, again!

Haha I see 2 of them happening.

Hendricks certainly has the tools. GSP won't be able to implement his safe-as-f*ck wrestling game plan on Hendricks without getting stuffed/punched in the head. So he'll probably just implement his safe-as-f*ck striking game plan and keep distance between himself and Hendricks with those pesky jabs of his. Hendricks needs to be able to close the gap and either punch GSP's face off (not unlikely after GSP has showed a lot of vulnerability in striking his last two fights against guys who don't hit like a Bigg Rigg) or score his strong takedowns and keep an active ground game. I am literally frothing at the mouth just considering this style match up/picturing Hendricks punching GSP's face.

I still think Jones and Silva will do the same dance and never end up fighting unless backed into a really, really deep hole by the organization.

I can agree that Cormier is our best shot at defeating Jones right now, but do I think he can pull it off? In the end, probably not. Maybe. He has the wrestling, the speed, and the power but Jones has that f*cked up unearthly reach and nightmarish striking no matter who he faces. I do still share some faith in Cormier though, and hope he can pull it off. I like watching Jones fight, but seriously cannot stand him and just want to see him lose.

Logically I'd say JDS beats Hunt, but Mark Hunt defies all logic. HUNT KO.
JDS would spit Overeem out. I was bummed when Overeem got hurt and had to pull out because I enjoy watching him get KO'd, but then ^^^^ happened
Cain destroys Big Foot.
Cain loses to the super samoan.
Mark Hunt retires as HVW Champ of the UFC.

Hendricks certainly has the tools. GSP won't be able to implement his safe-as-f*ck wrestling game plan on Hendricks without getting stuffed/punched in the head. So he'll probably just implement his safe-as-f*ck striking game plan and keep distance between himself and Hendricks with those pesky jabs of his. Hendricks needs to be able to close the gap and either punch GSP's face off (not unlikely after GSP has showed a lot of vulnerability in striking his last two fights against guys who don't hit like a Bigg Rigg) or score his strong takedowns and keep an active ground game. I am literally frothing at the mouth just considering this style match up/picturing Hendricks punching GSP's face.

I still think Jones and Silva will do the same dance and never end up fighting unless backed into a really, really deep hole by the organization.

I can agree that Cormier is our best shot at defeating Jones right now, but do I think he can pull it off? In the end, probably not. Maybe. He has the wrestling, the speed, and the power but Jones has that f*cked up unearthly reach and nightmarish striking no matter who he faces. I do still share some faith in Cormier though, and hope he can pull it off. I like watching Jones fight, but seriously cannot stand him and just want to see him lose.

Logically I'd say JDS beats Hunt, but Mark Hunt defies all logic. HUNT KO.
JDS would spit Overeem out. I was bummed when Overeem got hurt and had to pull out because I enjoy watching him get KO'd, but then ^^^^ happened
Cain destroys Big Foot.
Cain loses to the super samoan.
Mark Hunt retires as HVW Champ of the UFC.
Not a bad analyses other than your wishfull thinking about Hunt.
Let's be real. Mark Hunt has a great chin and KO power but his best years are behind him. Lot's of inhuman wear and thear.
His run ends with JDS. He certainly doesn't hit harder than JDS and he's a lot slower.
Despite all the wishfull thinking he can not stand and trade with a younger, stronger man. Maybe 10 years a go. Everybody keeps hoping for the miracle resurrection of Mark Hunt. It ain't happening.
Cain hit JDS with everything but the kitchen sink and couldn't stop him.
Mark Hunt will get KO'd. You can take that to the bank.
There's about 5 heavies that can stop Hunt and now he just happens to get the one with the most power.

I've told myself that the more I believe in Mark Hunt, the more XP he gains during his camp, giving him the power and strength to overcome the odds and evolve into his final form, Mecha Samoan.

> his best years are behind him
> has won four straight

> certainly doesn't hit harder than JDS
Pls tell me you're smoking crack right meow.

> hoping for the miracle resurrection of Mark Hunt
He has already been resurrected. This is his resurrection. Lay down that crack pipe, boy.

> Mark Hunt will get KO'd. You can take that to the bank.
> Mark Hunt
> get KO'd.
Crack is one hell of a drug.

I've told myself that the more I believe in Mark Hunt, the more XP he gains during his camp, giving him the power and strength to overcome the odds and evolve into his final form, Mecha Samoan.

> his best years are behind him
> has won four straight

>certainly doesn't hit harder than JDS
Pls tell me you're smoking crack right now.

>hoping for the miracle resurrection of Mark Hunt
He has already been resurrected. This is his resurrection. Lay down that crack pipe, boy.

> Mark Hunt will get KO'd. You can take that to the bank.
> Mark Hunt
> get KO'd.
Crack is one hell of a drug.
Might be for someone else. I'm 6'3'' and 230. Like to keep it that way.
JDS is currently -400, Hunt is +341.
I'll give you 3 to 1 on Hunt, at whatever you feel comfortable.
I got JDS at -350 allready for $1000.00. Make it worth my while.
You can smoke the smoke or you can walk the walk.

By the way, Hunt is 9-7 in MMA. In 2008, Melvin Manhoef KO'd him in the 1st round.
In K-1, Semmy Schilt Ko'd him in 2008, also. Jerome Le Banner TKO'd him in 2002.
Hunt was 30-13 in Kick Boxing. Now he is 39 years old and not as invincible as you think.
Keep cracking!

> posts height and weight as if the internet cares in an attempt to prove self worth
> is average sized for someone who is 6'3"

You lost me after that. I assume you're talking about betting since I see some monetary amounts there, but I honestly don't know jack all about how the betting works. I never got into sports betting or anything.

> brings up the one freak flash KO loss of Mark Hunt's mma career
> still is average sized puny human boy

> posts height and weight as if the internet cares in an attempt to prove self worth
> is average sized for someone who is 6'3"

You lost me after that. I assume you're talking about betting since I see some monetary amounts there, but I honestly don't know jack all about how the betting works. I never got into sports betting or anything.

> brings up the one freak flash KO loss of Mark Hunt's mma career
> still is average sized puny human boy
Self worth??? I'm 8% body fat, far from average.