Ufc

Tools    

Been watching this Rousey-Carmouche build-up.
Personaly, I would have preferred to see Cyborg against Rousey. I don't thing Carmouche will last one round. But then again, I think women were made for loving, not fighting, and the ones that fight are kind of freaks of nature, with a surplus of testasterone.
Having said that, there are a handfull of exceptional female fighters but their number is quite limited.
Rousey is an exceptional athlete ( judoka ), Cyborg ( got to wonder is it really a man ), Marlos Coenen, Gina Carano and Lucia Rijker, Laila Ali, Christy Martin as boxers, but who else is out there? Maybe I left out one name ( intentionaly ) to see how much you all are really into this.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Been watching this Rousey-Carmouche build-up.
Personaly, I would have preferred to see Cyborg against Rousey. I don't thing Carmouche will last one round. But then again, I think women were made for loving, not fighting, and the ones that fight are kind of freaks of nature, with a surplus of testasterone.
Having said that, there are a handfull of exceptional female fighters but their number is quite limited.
Rousey is an exceptional athlete ( judoka ), Cyborg ( got to wonder is it really a man ), Marlos Coenen, Gina Carano and Lucia Rijker, Laila Ali, Christy Martin as boxers, but who else is out there? Maybe I left out one name ( intentionaly ) to see how much you all are really into this.
Cyborg wouldn't cut the weight as its bad for her body, tho steroids are okay . Anyway I heard the UFC offered cyborg a contract that would of seen her fight for Invicta for a couple of fights, and the UFC would still pay her bills. Then after a couple of fights come back to the UFC and take on Ronda after the UFC has sorted all the devision out. Cyborg refused the offer and went to inficta anyway..... Tito is an ass.

Cyborg wouldn't cut the weight as its bad for her body, tho steroids are okay . Anyway I heard the UFC offered cyborg a contract that would of seen her fight for Invicta for a couple of fights, and the UFC would still pay her bills. Then after a couple of fights come back to the UFC and take on Ronda after the UFC has sorted all the devision out. Cyborg refused the offer and went to inficta anyway..... Tito is an ass.
Obviously for her the roids are no problem, yet. She's naturaly too big to fight in Ronda's weight class and knows that the weight cut would significantly weaken her.
I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them met at some catch weight ,further down the line. There is no one else out there for a female super fight.
On another note, Anderson Silva's been talking about fighting GSP at welter. That one I would bet against him. As far as LH is concerned, Silva knows he can't beat Jones. And Jones keeps talking about fighting at HW.
If he goers through the winner of Hendo-Machida and Gustafson, there may only be one guy left to beat at LH.
I hope Jones steps up to HW and gets his clock cleaned by any of the current top five.

Obviously for her the roids are no problem, yet. She's naturaly too big to fight in Ronda's weight class and knows that the weight cut would significantly weaken her.
I wouldn't be surprised if the two of them met at some catch weight ,further down the line. There is no one else out there for a female super fight.
On another note, Anderson Silva's been talking about fighting GSP at welter. That one I would bet against him. As far as LH is concerned, Silva knows he can't beat Jones. And Jones keeps talking about fighting at HW.
If he goers through the winner of Hendo-Machida and Gustafson, there may only be one guy left to beat at LH.
I hope Jones steps up to HW and gets his clock cleaned by any of the current top five.
I think after Sonnen jones will run into Cormier.

Yes, there is Cormier, and if he can slam Josh Barnett, I don't see him having a problem slamming Jones. Cormier poses the greatest threat to Jones. He has the style to beat him.
And then there is Glover Texteria!

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
UFC 157 Fight Card
Facebook fights:
Burrell v. Villefort (Great Fight!)
Manley v. Magny (I was bored)
Robertson v. Jardine (That was quick!)
FX Prelims:
Stout v. Fodor (Not impressed)
Bermudez v. Grice (Great Fight!)
Chiesa v. Kuivanen (Nice!)
Schaub v. Johnson (I was bored)
Main Card:
Koscheck v. Lawler (I'm always happy to see Koscheck lose)
McGee v. Neer (That was fairly one sided)
Faber v. Menjivar (Wow!)
Machida v. Henderson (Meh)
Rousey v. Carmouche ( Better than the Co-Main)

Like Brod's, i'm also going through a 'meh' stage with the UFC. It's always been political and weird, but now things are just getting worse. Strawweight?? Come on man, what's next? Cancerweight? Midgetweight? Call me old fashioned, but I also don't like watching women fight.

Two great fights on Fuel 8.

Silva-Stann fight of the year, somewhat reminiscent of the Don Frye-Takayama fight in all it's intensity.
Congrats to Wanderlei. I thought he was going to get KO'd. Unbelievable.
Also Hunt-Struve was amazing. Hunt just keeps on improving. Very surprised by his ground game.
What a difference chin and heart make, and the chin was the difference in both fights.

Two great fights on Fuel 8.

Silva-Stann fight of the year, somewhat reminiscent of the Don Frye-Takayama fight in all it's intensity.
Congrats to Wanderlei. I thought he was going to get KO'd. Unbelievable.
Also Hunt-Struve was amazing. Hunt just keeps on improving. Very surprised by his ground game.
What a difference chin and heart make, and the chin was the difference in both fights.
Yeah very impressed by Silva aswell. I still think Hunt is hugely overated and any top 10 heavyweight should crush him, I'd like to see Hunt vs Nelson. I still don't know what to think about Lombard, okami bores the pants off me.

Yeah very impressed by Silva aswell. I still think Hunt is hugely overated and any top 10 heavyweight should crush him, I'd like to see Hunt vs Nelson. I still don't know what to think about Lombard, okami bores the pants off me.
Well... Struve was ranked no.9 Heavyweight going into the fight with Hunt, so that would make you wrong.

Well... Struve was ranked no.9 Heavyweight going into the fight with Hunt, so that would make you wrong.
People still assume that just because the other weightclasses, for the most part, have a solid top 10, then so does the HW division. In the last few years, it's always been a few solid guys, but the lower half of the top 10 is completely interchangeable, inconsistent, and beatable by many guys in the top 20 and overall there is a huge gap between someone ranked #3 and #9, for example. Struve's ranking is a perfect showcase of that.

Also, Mark Hunt is my hero, he is more badass than Joe Shishido.

People still assume that just because the other weightclasses, for the most part, have a solid top 10, then so does the HW division. In the last few years, it's always been a few solid guys, but the lower half of the top 10 is completely interchangeable, inconsistent, and beatable by many guys in the top 20 and overall there is a huge gap between someone ranked #3 and #9, for example. Struve's ranking is a perfect showcase of that.

Also, Mark Hunt is my hero, he is more badass than Joe Shishido.
Sorry but UFC just threw your hero under the bus. They fed him to JDS.

Sorry but UFC just threw your hero under the bus. They fed him to JDS.
Actually, I was hoping for that fight.

Just step back a bit and think about it. From 2006-2010 Mark Hunt lost 6 straight fights, all in the first round. 5 submissions, 1 KO. 5-7 record.

It's 2013. Hunt is fighting for a title shot against the number 2 ranked JDS after a 4 fight winning streak in the UFC. Mark Hunt already succeeded beyond all my wildest dreams.