Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

Tools    

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Some of the kids here like to talk about Harry Potter so I listen to them and it's funny that some of you act just like some of these fourth graders when Harry Potter is mentioned.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Um Bungo! Um Bungo!
I didn't particularly find Harry Potter to be something I would rave about... I think my only words on the film so far since viewing were:

"yeah, twas ok"

I got to this thread a little late--bad news about Columbus...

Thanks for the actor pics, Silver--you've made my day. Mark Williams as Mr. Weasley!!!

"You ain't seen me, right?"

"I was rummaging around in the attic the other day and found the original copy of the Bible. Which was nice."

I love him! I'm freaking out here! If they had Paul Whitehouse, I'd be sh*tting myself.

...Yeah, that was a little much. I'll stop now.

There's been talk about Columbus not doing it for ages. I remember at one stage I was reading about Speilberg expressing interest to take on The Prisoner of Azkaban -- it's the point in which the series gets darker and the point which he found he would have the best time making the film. That was, of course, just talk, nothing offical, just comments. It will be interesting to see who takes the seat of Columbus, however.

Meanwhile, I still haven't seen Philosopher's/Sorcerer's Stone yet.

The Gweat and Tewwible
I am just glad to hear that Jason Isaacs is playing Lucious Malfoy. Finally someone who is in the correct age range. Not too bad on the eyes either I just can't wait to see him, and all the actors, in action. I think the movies will just get better, and better, just as the books did. Actually my favorite go in the order of 3, 1, 4, and then 2...

Yes, indeed. Isaacs is perfect. I really wish they'd have cast Brannagh as Sirius Black, however, and gotten someone else (Rupert Everett woulda' fit nicely) to play Gilderoy Lockhart. The role of Sirius is CRUCIAL, and Brannagh would've handled it well, methinks.

Anyhoo, more news:

The Gweat and Tewwible
wahhhhh! its so not fair. i wanna see the trailer again. i am not paying for scooby doo again just to see it. why did warner bros. do that? it really sucks...they could have the whole trailer online...but no!!! grrrrrrrr

Enemies are so stimulating.
i too think that hugh grant would have been great at the part but i got into harry potter A because alan rickman was in it and he is my favourite actor (met him at the theatre it was amazing!) and B because my friend told me i should read the books. my favourite book is probably the second or fourth one. but its so hard to say which one i like best coz i thought all four where absolutly incredible! i cant wait for the fifth one to be released.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Okay, I'm just reading Harry Potter and the Chamber of secrets right now, so I don't get about half the references to characters that haven't been introduced yet. I think, however, that Kenneth Branaugh was a good casting choice for Gilderoy Lockhart, though honestly, I kind of imagined him as Kevin Kline. (I can't think in a british accent, so there you go.) I will definitely will go see this when it comes out, even though, after reading the first book, I thought the first movie was a superficial adaption, cutting out a lot of great character bits.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Yes I think Johnny Depp would make a great Sirus. One prob though. He isnt british. they only allow british actors. the 3rd and 4th are my fav. i dont really care to see the second one though. Dobby just reminds me of another Jar Jar Binks character. I hate Dobby.

The 4th book is around 750 pages or so. I only read the first few reveiws so im just putting in my opinions. Columbus will make the 4th into two movies. I keep hearing its going to be realeased a month a part. I guess thats good. But it kinda stinks if you couldnt get tickets to the second part of the movie. Then your stuck.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Pheonix is due out next year, 2003. J. K. is taking her time making the fifth one. She has already made the last chapter to the SEVENTH book.

Columbus will be making all of the movies. I think they are making all 7. Though by the 7th movie, and book, the hype isnt going to be the same as the first. I think many people will begin to tire of it. Besides us hardcore HP fans.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Originally posted by Radical Ed
Columbus will be making all of the movies.

He's stopping after Chamber of Secrets, another director is being eyed for the job. We did a story about it a while back, and I'm quite sure it's linked to in this thread.

Suhweet mother of meatballs!!! I'm bursting with conversations. The fourth book is 735 pages long. I read it in 4 and 1/2 days, and loved every word of it. The 5th book is supposed to be much darker than any of the other books. It's called "Harry Potter and the Order of The Phoenix."

WARNING: "Harry Potter 4 the Book" spoilers below
The Triwizard tournament is gonna be great. And for those of you who think that somehting is going on between Hermione and Harry, your wrong. RON LIKES HERMIONE! You can tell near the end, because Ron asks someone Harry is competing with to go out with him, but she disagrees. And when Hermione also asks someone Harry is also competing with to go out with her, Ron says that she's a traitor. Is love on the pages in the 5th book?

To be continued...