Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
@Captain Steel
Thank you lol.
*eyes fancy new signature addition, with a proper Vanna White gesture.*

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Actually felt it was a decent episode for a change.

Carol being a Badass: check
Walking Dead actually a threat: check

Hopefully the long battle is over now both sides will lick wounds for a bit.

Yeah, looks like next week we're gonna have Negan holding court in over his main men, trying to suss out who traitor in his midst is. Ought to be pretty good.

Yeah, looks like next week we're gonna have Negan holding court in over his main men, trying to suss out who traitor in his midst is. Ought to be pretty good.
I thought the trailer made it look like they are trying to figure it out without Negan, who is trapped in trailer with priest.

Hmm, I'll have to check it out again. I could have sworn he was at the table. But I'm frequently wrong when I'm sure I'm right, if that makes sense.
Did someone on the Internet just admit to being wrong

Originally Posted by gandalf26
Did someone on the Internet just admit to being wrong
Why, of course! I'm nothing if not dishonest, uh, I mean I'm nothing if not nothing, um, well, you know.

Also RIP Shiva, another victim of the CGI budget along with Lady, Summer, Grey Wind, Shaggydog and to an extent Ghost and Nymeria.

Hmm, I'll have to check it out again. I could have sworn he was at the table. But I'm frequently wrong when I'm sure I'm right, if that makes sense.
Dwight and Simon are going head to head in Negan's absence

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
WARNING: "That's a wrap for this character" spoilers below
I don't recall exactly how Ezekiel's revelation came about(I've started background watching TWD), whether he was a zookeeper or circus member.

After his facade started crumbling, I thought, "guess this the ep. that the tiger dies." No need for a has-been to keep that power-up.

Good luck dealing with a zomger!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Well. I am happy to say that I actually enjoyed last night's EP. Honest dialogue, a few revelations, and legit conflict and resolution. There were a few obvious (but much needed) philosophical comparisons made between Negan's motivation and Rick's, and the tactics used by both groups to reach their goals. I assume they will soon realize that they are more or less the same, and it is that potential conflict that interests me most right now in the series.

I'm being vague on purpose. Point is, I thought it was a good EP.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
What number episode is that? I havent been at home for a few weeks so lost count.

Dani, that was Episode #5, with three more to go before the Winter break, then they return the 11th of February.
Thanks dad. And thanks for the return date as well- gives me time to catch up on my movie watch list. Seems like ahs finale has been and gone. It's actually been good to lose attachment to these shows for a bit of an addiction break.

I know, I've gotten into the habit of dropping shows that (for me) have gone long past their "sell-by" date. In other words, worn out their welcome. I'm not even near there with The Walking Dead, but I've dropped other shows that just went on too long. I was a huge fan of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation with William Petersen because I'm a fan of his and really thought it was a unique show. But he eventually left, and several cast members followed over the seasons and then it became a big turnstile, with people leaving, coming back, leaving and I got sick of it. And I guess the novelty of it all wore off.

But I watched CSI: New York faithfully from day one till the very last episode because I liked the dynamic of the cast. I never even tried CSI: Miami because for me, they made it a show not about a team investigation but kind of "the David Caruso Show" and I didn't like that. Still, I like to watch the reruns just at the opening when Caruso checks out the murder scene, takes off or puts on his sunglasses and spouts some groaner of a line dealing with the murder, then The Who shout "Yeah!" and the edited version of "Won't Get Fooled Again" starts. YouTube has a video compilation of all those opening lines and the "Yeah!" but I won't post it because I've done it to other people on various boards and some of them didn't have the same sense of humor I do and complained.

I gave up on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because they started to repeat story lines, the last one I saw being the team getting replaced by imposters who didn't know the differences. I'm sick of that story---I've seen it I don't know how many times, so I gave up on them.

Thanks to some nice folks here at MoFo I'm interested in The Orville, the fairly new space show. I've missed the first six episodes but got a "catch-up" on them via On Demand, and via the same service I can watched the remainder of the episodes.

Anyway, enough from me, hung over from turkey and with nothing on cable. Maybe I'll watch a DVD or just play some games on the computer. Hope all is well with everyone here on The Walking Dead Thread!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I know, I've gotten into the habit of dropping shows that (for me) have gone long past their "sell-by" date. In other words, worn out their welcome. I'm not even near there with The Walking Dead, but I've dropped other shows that just went on too long. I was a huge fan of CSI: Crime Scene Investigation with William Petersen because I'm a fan of his and really thought it was a unique show. But he eventually left, and several cast members followed over the seasons and then it became a big turnstile, with people leaving, coming back, leaving and I got sick of it. And I guess the novelty of it all wore off.

But I watched CSI: New York faithfully from day one till the very last episode because I liked the dynamic of the cast. I never even tried CSI: Miami because for me, they made it a show not about a team investigation but kind of "the David Caruso Show" and I didn't like that. Still, I like to watch the reruns just at the opening when Caruso checks out the murder scene, takes off or puts on his sunglasses and spouts some groaner of a line dealing with the murder, then The Who shout "Yeah!" and the edited version of "Won't Get Fooled Again" starts. YouTube has a video compilation of all those opening lines and the "Yeah!" but I won't post it because I've done it to other people on various boards and some of them didn't have the same sense of humor I do and complained.

I gave up on Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. because they started to repeat story lines, the last one I saw being the team getting replaced by imposters who didn't know the differences. I'm sick of that story---I've seen it I don't know how many times, so I gave up on them.

Thanks to some nice folks here at MoFo I'm interested in The Orville, the fairly new space show. I've missed the first six episodes but got a "catch-up" on them via On Demand, and via the same service I can watched the remainder of the episodes.

Anyway, enough from me, hung over from turkey and with nothing on cable. Maybe I'll watch a DVD or just play some games on the computer. Hope all is well with everyone here on The Walking Dead Thread!

I was a big fan of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" with William Petersen too, but I never gave up on the show, even after he left. The show wasn't as good without him, but it wasn't bad enough to give up on it.

I also stuck with "CSI: Miami" and "CSI: New York" throughout both of their runs, but I thought about giving up on "CSI: Miami" several times. It was definitely the weakest of the three shows. I loved "CSI: New York" from start to finish, and it was the only one of the three CSI shows that I was sad to see cancelled.

I haven't given up on "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." yet, but I'm definitely on the fence with it. It's supposed to come back on the air soon, and I'm hoping that it will get better, but if it doesn't, it's very close to the top of my list of shows that might get dropped. (I almost gave up on "Arrow" a couple of times, but I stuck with it, and it's gotten much better recently, so I'm glad I stuck with it. That's why I always try to give shows longer than they deserve before giving up on them. I don't want to give up on a show and then find out later that it got better, and I made a mistake giving it up too soon.)

I highly recommend "The Orville". I didn't have high hopes for it because I don't watch any other Seth MacFarlane shows, but it quickly became one of my favorite new shows.

hubby hasnt brought in the recordrd eps of twd yet so i dont think hes seen it himself.

hope ya'allwalkers had a lovely thanksgiving

Originally Posted by gbgoodies
I was a big fan of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" with William Petersen too, but I never gave up on the show, even after he left. The show wasn't as good without him, but it wasn't bad enough to give up on it.

I also stuck with "CSI: Miami" and "CSI: New York" throughout both of their runs, but I thought about giving up on "CSI: Miami" several times. It was definitely the weakest of the three shows. I loved "CSI: New York" from start to finish, and it was the only one of the three CSI shows that I was sad to see cancelled.
I stuck with the original CSI through Laurence Fishburne's run but never watched Ted Danson's episodes nor Elizabeth Shue's, although I like both of the actors. But I did watch the series finale where Petersen came back for Jorja Fox. I liked that.

I'm really looking forward to The Orville. A lot of people seem to like it, including my older brother and he is very hard to please when it comes to TV shows. He stopped watching TWD when they didn't reveal who Negan killed on the Season 6 Finale. I was a bit ticked but not enough to give up. Anyhow...

Dani, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. I was going to avoid going anywhere tomorrow as it's Black Friday but I have to go the supermarket and get a few things. I hope it's not bad there. *sigh* Horrible shoppers are the real walking dead to me.

Dani, Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. I was going to avoid going anywhere tomorrow as it's Black Friday but I have to go the supermarket and get a few things. I hope it's not bad there. *sigh* Horrible shoppers are the [fpoI]real[/i] walking dead to me.
wrong season for us, dad, and we dont celebrate it in the right season anyway (not sure why when so many were boat arrivals were Anglo celt , but thanks for your lovely thanksgiving wishes. I really want to celebrate it one day.

Tomorrow -doing nada. Not at home at the moment and not sure if today was
black friday or not here but shopping sale or no sale - nothankss

Thank you, Dani. I knew Thanksgiving was an American thing but since you wished it on us, I just wanted to give you the gesture back. It's just a time of year that I start thinking of my people that aren't around anymore. Not to be morose or anything, just ruminating on the past. The past rears its head at this time of year, ugly or sweet, and I deal. It's a bit of a comfort to have friends here at MoFo to talk to and share movies and TV with. Anyway, now for the run up to Christmas.