The person above me thread

Tools    

TPAM knows who said that, care to share? I've heard it before.
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

TPAM is on the verge of 5,000 posts.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

I would probably give it the same rating you did, TPAM (
). Amazing cinematography, acting, and score. I never knew Richard Gere could act so well.

Yeah, TPAM. Although... I thought they were actually brother and sister the whole time.

Welcome to the human race...
You know they weren't of course, and that the younger girl mentioned in near the very beginning in voice-over?

To be fair, if I hadn't read it in a blurb or write-up first, there was a good chance I would've missed it too.

Well, all she said was it used to be her and her brother, right, TPAM? When it was over, I was a bit confused whether she was his actual sister or not... the whole movie I was thinking she was. Ergh.

Welcome to the human race...
I think the idea was that Richard Gere and the younger girl are supposed to be brother and sister, but the older girl wasn't their sister. I remember part of the voiceover said that they were "pretending to be brother and sister".