Batman Vs. Superman

Tools    

Well you all know the powers of both, and know the history of both. But in a battle between the 2, who would win?

and your reasons for that answer.

Superman. We all know he's much more powerful. It's a no-brainer. What could Batman possibly do to him? Nothing. Batman would get the living crap kicked out of him.

Well Superman would win but Batman would say, My costume is cooler than yours & Im a billionaire.

You all obviously know nothing of the comic-book world. First off while it is true that Superman has super-powers such as strength and flight and lazer's out of the eyes, Batman is a genious and has the best gadgets next to James Bond. Also in one of the Batman comics Superman gave him a ring of kryptonite so that if Superman ever went crazy Batman could use it to defeat him. No matter which way you put it Superman would either die at the hands of Batman or run away. Then there is the fact that Superman has died, did you ever hear of Batman dying: NO. That's because he is a total Bad-A$$ and would never die. Superman on the other hand is a wuss. I mean sure Batman had his back broken by Kane but that's it, and then by useing his cool stuff he was able to heal himself. Here is how Batman would win: First he would use the kryptonite ring to drain Superman of his power and weaken him to a point where Superman could do nothing. Then keeping the ring close to him in a cell cut off from sun-light (the yellow sun is the source of his power) superman would lose his iron hard skin and then Batman would just bleed him to death.

Superman come on!!! What a joke!!!

Well Superman could just drop a mountain on the Batcave & then where would Batman be? He would be a homeless billionaire, hahaha!!!!

Anyone watch batman beyond? I know Robin died in the comics (cwushed by a mountain of kryptoonite no doubt) but has old Batman ever mentioned him in Batman beyond?

That's the whole point. Superman would never be able to do that becaues Batman is a certified genious. He could easily see something like that coming. Also despite his strength there are limits to what Superman can do and picking up a mountain is something that is beyond him. Even if he got a heavy boulder it would be able to take out the whole bat-cave because under the rock Batman had steel or some strong metal implanted to keep the cave safe. Just for proof that he can beat somebody stronger look at Kane. He can also beat people with great fighting ability like Catwoman, and smart villans to like the Penguin. He's just better than everybody. Batman hasn't even been able to really beat Lex Luther even though he's had 50 years to do it. Lex always gets away because Superman is to stupid to gather evidence to in-criminate Lex with. It would only be a matter of time before Batman killed Superman.

Batman hasn't even been able to really beat Lex Luther
Really...?

No way, Zwee. Dude, Batman would have to be totally prepared, and he'd need some stupid ring of Kryponite to kill him. Kryptonite seems like an extension of Batman -- it's not part of him, though. Batman on his own would get the crap beat out of him.

Basically, Kryptonite is the only thing Superman has against him, and to assume Batman even has a chance, he'd have to have that Kryptonite. Oh, and let's not forget that Superman could still hurl a boulder at him from a mile away, where the Kryptonite couldn't hurt him.

Batman winning? What a load of crap. Who cares if he's a genius? I know several people who's IQ qualify them at genius level (I won't comment on my own qualifications, that'd be RUDE ), and it doesn't make them THAT much more formidable.

Basically, Super man has unlimited power as long as he's on Earth. Sure kryptonite is his weakness and all but it's neveer stopped him before right? I dont care about all the comic books because the title of this site is movieforums.com not comicbookforums.com. Therefore, the movies are the law of the land. Superman any day. If Superman fell off of a horse, now that's a different story.

Come on guys... lets kick a little reality here. Superman can fly like a MoFo (Hah! compliment intended) all the way around the earth so fast that he can turn back time (as demonstrated by his saving of Lois Lane in the first movie). If Batman somehow got the upper hand all Superman would have to do is turn back some time and whoop B.M's mortal a$$. Batman would win the fashion contest though.

ohhhh so we cant use an extension of the super-hero. In that case Superman can't use the sun. That would cause him to have no powers at all. Then it comes down to fighting ability. Let me think which one has numerous black belts for many different fighting styles: BATMAN. And what the hell, throw a boulder from a mile away. Superman is way too much of a wuss to do that. If he did that he would be endagering the lives of a lot of people, so no he would not do that. The only way to play it safe with Batman would be at close range so he couldn't hurt people. Then Batman could have some gadget made to trap Superman and then the winner emerges. Im sorry Batman is way too much of a Bad-A$$ to lose. Not in the movies but in the comicbooks. And if we are going by movies well then Superman would have to take a time-out every ten seconds to replenish his hair gel and in that time Keaton (the best batman) would kick some A$$.

Total bull. I don't care if you think (yes THINK) that someone is a badass -- it's irrelevant when it comes down to a fight. Oh, and now they can't endanger anyone else? No one told me where they were fighting, or when.

Let me put it this way: both heroes have basics. Batman has tools and gadgets (not powers...little inventions). Superman has the sun. The Kryponite is an extension though, unlike the other things. As for the boulder: give me a freaking break. He could do it from a block or two away then, and Batman would be freaking dead.

No Batman believe it or not can duck. And I don't think you know anything about the comic because you have no idea of the full extent of Batmans "gadgets". Maybe if Superman had Spidey sense he could win, but Batman would just sneak up on him. Not to mention the fact that Batman can't die. This is very important guys. I do we know that Batman can die, I mean he never has. Superman on the other-hand we know that he can die. I'm sorry how do we know that Batman is somewhat immortal. I mean he had his back broken and recovered.

That's retarded. If you want to go by the comic books, then they'd have to fight in another world and all that. We're not going by the stupid comic books. Sneak up on Superman? Even though he can travel a freakin' million miles an hour? Are you on crack? Superman would throw something fast enough Batman wouldn't even have time to realize he was dead. I mean, if your whole reasoning hinges on "Batman hasn't died in the comics, and Superman has," then you need a better argument.

Your an idiot TWT not only when it comes to movies but when it comes to superheros. Have you ever even read a Batman or Superman comic book? And if we go by the movies then how the hell was Lex able to trap Superman if he is so great. Hmmm... why can't Batman do the same thing. Only Batman would be stupid and leave his intern with Superman to free him. There you go by the movie and by the comicbook. It's in the movie how do you defend that one?

Who said it was by the movie? No one. You're obviously a comic book junkie who's nerve has been hit here. You need to chill out -- and fast.

This is called common sense: a superhero who is made of steel, is faster than light, and has amazing strength, is not going to be beat by some guy with a grappling hook and a rubber suit. He could throw anything at him from a block away and kill him instantly. Oh, and by the way: it's "you're an idiot", not "your an idiot."

I think I know what it is you're missing: comic books are written by people. This is a discussion about who would win: Batman, or Superman. We're referring to these two fictional characters as people with those powers...not the little fictional characters inside that world. Superman's powers, all things being equal, dwarf Batman's.

As for your "idiot in movies" line -- I'm not going to dignify that with anything more than this: if you have to resort to petty insults mostly unrelated to the current argument, you're only revealing the weakness of your own argument. I could respond the same way, but, you see, I usually attack a person's ARGUMENTS, rather than the person themselves, because if I attack the actual person, then it becomes obvious very quickly that there isn't much about their argument that I can attack.

Hummmm, Zweeedorf not in a very good mood today.

MovieForums Extra
LOL! No way Batman would win, he's just a millionaire with a fetish for leather!

Anyone remember one of the Superman movies where Lex Luther put a medallion containing Kryptonite around Superman's neck and pushed him into the water to drown? He got out of that one of course (with the help of that woman)...therefore, he still stands a chance against Kryptonite!

Superman can throw mountains, make the Earth spin backwards, reverse time, shoot lasers out of his eyes, fly real' fast... Batman wouldn't know what hit him!