The Top 10 Films of All Time

Tools    

Im at school right now and have nothin better to do. I didn't say that Mel was a bad actor just that his character has no depth.

Now With Moveable Parts
I'm just flat out not going to argue about Braveheart.Zwee is the minority here,he'd never find enough people to back him up on it...everyone loves that movie! Some people choose not to like a movie just because everyone else does...I'm not saying that's the case here,he may truely not like it,but whatever the reason...there's more to support it as a great film than there is to discredit it.Period.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
I agree with sades on that.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

Braveheart is an OK movie, I DIDNT LOVE it. Me & Zweee!

Originally posted by PigsnieLite
Originally posted by Mr M
I will work on my top ten but this one was voted for by the british population:

10) Pulp Fiction
9) Saving Private Ryan
8)
7)
6)
5)Star Wars Ep I
4)The Shawshank Redemption
3)Empire Strikes Back
2)Blade Runner
1)Star Wars

And I can't remember the rest but I will be back with the rest.
Geez, I guess the british population aint too bright & Im British!!! hahaha! Star Wars is nubmer ONE???!!! Shawshank is no, 4????
Sadly, I have to agree with you there; most british people don't understand that when Ali G does all the stuff with the hands and the tone of speech, he is taking the mick.

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by OG-
Yes my list did kinda blow, but I'd leave Shawshank, Titanic, American Beauty, and a few others on there.
No...it seriously doesn't blow.I didn't love Titanic,but it almost needs to be on some sort-of top 10 list because of what it did at the box office and the academy awards.Like I said I would take your Ravenous off and put Forest Gump on and also I forgot what I subistituted Goodfellas for,but with my additions...it's a fine list.Braveheart and American Beauty are my top two movies of all"Best Of..."lists and the Matrix kicks *** on more levels than just fight scenes.So there! Pthpthbt

I didn't say i didn't like Braveheart. It was a good solid :makes fist: flick. It just does not deserve to be in the top 10 or even the top 100.

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah...okay...I respect your opinion.*claps hands*well done Zwee,I like your ferver! You didn't back down...you're wrong...but determined,so,we are going to have to agree to disagree and leave it at that.So...how 'bout them yankees?

I accept your surrender.

Now With Moveable Parts
My surrender? Hardly! If you want to go back debating a single movie then by all means...give it your best shot.If you want to move on...

there really should be the top 50 films of all time, but I'll try to wittle this down: (not in order)
1. the wizard of oz.
ok, I know, but eveytime I see this movie I see something different. It's magic.
2.harold and maude.
after all these years it still holds up. it was great when I was a teenager and it is funny and the soundtrack is fantastic.
what an awesome story.Such an overwhelming film, it took my breath away.
4.bladerunner.
one of the best science fiction movies every made, even at almost 20 years old.
5.caberet.
a musical-drama, the best cast with just the right amount of both music and drama. tastfully deals with alot of hot topics.
6.matrix.
this movie would have been great with no-name leads because it is such a visually stunning film with a thought provoking story.
7.high fidelity.
really only confirms what we've suspected about men along, but this movies just makes them all the more adorable.
8.diabolique.
also on my foreign top 10. a sweet thriller with a twist.
9.usual suspects.
so good, I wish I could see it again for the first time.
10.crouching tiger, hidden dragon.
there will never be another movie foreign or otherwise that was this exciting, romantic and inspiring as this wonderful gift from one of the best directors of our time.

Now With Moveable Parts
Great movie selections...MOM.C'mon...I can't keep a secret,you know that...and our favortism would give us away eventually anyway.I seriously love your list though.I forgot about Harold and Maude...oooh,and Wizard of Oz!Usual Suspects...L.A.confidential...american beauty...I see a Spacey theme here.Could it be because...He's the MAN?!

Spacey was in the Wizard of Oz?!?! Cool!

Originally posted by SultanBigPants
Spacey was in the Wizard of Oz?!?! Cool!
Naw, she didn't mean that one. Woohoo, someone else's mom is on here. We've got three different regulars who's guardians (of one sort or another) post as well. Freaky stuff, man. Pretty funny, though.

Now With Moveable Parts
Me Mummie has better taste in movies than I do...probably has something to do with the fact she's seen more of them.Whenever I see someone's top 10 list,and I don't know some of the films...I just ask her.Chances are,she's seen it or has an opinion about it or both!

Originally posted by Zweeedorf
I accept your surrender.

LOL!!! That is such a Mark thing to say.

I think Braveheart eats it. Its an ok movie, but I wouldn't even put it on a top 1000 list. Bah! Down with Braveheart!

Now With Moveable Parts
Originally posted by Steve N.
Originally posted by Zweeedorf
I accept your surrender.

LOL!!! That is such a Mark thing to say.

I think Braveheart eats it. Its an ok movie, but I wouldn't even put it on a top 1000 list. Bah! Down with Braveheart!
You're all going to hell for those remarks...and if God wasn't listenin' then I'm taken notes and You are going DOWN like Chinatown! I don't care if you didn't like it...like you guys are the last word in greatnessWhatever

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Originally posted by sadesdrk
I don't care if you didn't like it...like you guys are the last word in greatnessWhatever [/b]
Who says YOUR the last word on greatnessWhatever

I also think it wasn't that great of a movie. Didn't see anything too wrong with it, it just was missing something..

Now With Moveable Parts
Yeah like Big boobs floppin' around and heads exploding!!!!That's it!That's why you all didn't like it...okay,now I get it.Oh yeah and the main charactor was every girls fantasy...you probably saw it with a girl and she couldn't stop talking about Mel all night so you have that jealousy angle on it too...no wonder.It's okay...I might not be the last word on movies,but the Golden Globes,Academy Awards,Screen Actor's Guild and AFI are and they all love it so...I'm satisfied with that.

In case anyone is wondering: yes, I deleted Zwee's post, and my own, and have posted something different. Zwee was out of line, even though he was trying to be funny. He's been warned before. I've told him to keep it under control, but he obviously ignored that, so I zapped the post. You can all have fun, but there IS a standard here...and some things are tasteless enough that, regardless of whether or not they're meant as a joke, they will not be allowed here.