Politics Continued...

Tools    

Oh, I agree...there are DEFINITELY others involved...just not, perhaps, as involved as him. I have no doubt we'll have to take down more than just Bin Laden for this to work. I think Bush will be picking off terrorists for the rest of this term.

Terrorists picking us off? Oh yeah, and they'd be nice to us if we just left them alone, right? I doubt it. They're not going to be able to hit back as well if a bunch of them are dead and the rest are on the run.

Originally posted by TWTCommish
[Blue] "No animals were harmed in the making of this page...except for a few squirrels. They deserved it."
[/Blue]
LOL!!

Terrorists picking us off? Oh yeah, and they'd be nice to us if we just left them alone, right? I doubt it. They're not going to be able to hit back as well if a bunch of them are dead and the rest are on the run.
I didn't say that! I'm just concerned that they are more infiltrated into our society than we think. Wouldn't take much to stroll down to the water processing plants here in town and dump some anthrax into it. Intelligence points to the fact that they have that kind of stuff. Could be smuggled into the country in a fountain pen.

Oh, I'm sure there are some in this country...I just think it's the best we can do. This is sort of like some people who argue with me and tell me Bin Laden/etc shouldn't necessarily be killed. If you don't want them dead, then you want them alive, and I think it's better to have them dead. Is it perfect? No...but I think it's the best course of action available.

Oh, I'm sure there are some in this country...I just think it's the best we can do. This is sort of like some people who argue with me and tell me Bin Laden/etc shouldn't necessarily be killed. If you don't want them dead, then you want them alive, and I think it's better to have them dead. Is it perfect? No...but I think it's the best course of action available.
I want him dead. Even if he didn't do this he did alot of other stuff. Cook him.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Right on. I mean I hate all these Middle East people that think hey...lets get rid of the US. Do you think we are over here stratigizing on how to get rid of the Middle East?

Come on people!! I have always wondered what other countries think we do over here.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

[white]Originally posted by Toose[/white]
[green]Wouldn't take much to stroll down to the water processing plants here in town and dump some anthrax into it. [/green]
Once something like that happens America will round up all the Middle Eastern lookin' people and put them in concentration camps for our and their protection. A guy was already killed here in Az 'cause he was from the middle east. People are still too stupid around here. They killed him for revenge I guess. He probably didn't even have the slightest thing to do with it. I'm surprised the US hasn't started rounding up people already.[green]

Poor dead guy, was he Arab? I bet he wasnt, he was prolly Pakistani or somethin. I hope they caught the villein & threw him in jail. I feel sorry for all the arabs in the US. Here there is a little harassment but nowhere near as bad as over there.

I don't know. My sister told me about it this morning. She said they caught the guy that did it tho.[green]

Originally posted by PigsnieLite
Poor dead guy, was he Arab? I bet he wasnt, he was prolly Pakistani or somethin. I hope they caught the villein & threw him in jail. I feel sorry for all the arabs in the US. Here there is a little harassment but nowhere near as bad as over there.
I don't think it's widespread here either... I work with many arabs and pakistanis every day. Ate lunch with my pakistani bud today.

Bill Clinton has so much charisma I don't know how you can't like him. He represents America the way it is and doesn't try to hide behind some facade. We are as a whole liars (not a bad quality-you need it to live) and we love sex. Bill Clinton still is the president i dont know what this whole Bush thing is.

Originally posted by Zweeedorf
Bill Clinton has so much charisma I don't know how you can't like him. He represents America the way it is and doesn't try to hide behind some facade. We are as a whole liars (not a bad quality-you need it to live) and we love sex. Bill Clinton still is the president i dont know what this whole Bush thing is.
I admire his charisma and his intelligence, as well as his charming nature...but that doesn't mean I like him on the whole. Yeah, everyone lies, but very few lie under oath, and most of us are genuinely sorry for it. At risk of starting a massive argument, Bush is twice the man Clinton is...he's a President I can honestly respect.

Originally posted by Toose
[QUOTE
I want him dead. Even if he didn't do this he did alot of other stuff. Cook him.
The death penalty solves nothing. It's just upholding the idea of revenge. I've got a question: If many conservative politicians are devoutly religious, then why do they support the death penalty?

Because the death penalty does not conflict with Christianity, Steve. Dunno what made you think it does. I guess a lot of people have this picture in their heads of Christians as completely docile people, eh? Far from it. God wants us to take charge when need be.

Oh, and to be honest, you don't know if the death penalty solves anything. None of us do for sure. I personally think it's simple justice, but I don't expect others to agree...and the issue of whether or not it's a deterrent is very up in the air. I will say this, though: I sure hope you're not saying you want Bin Laden to LIVE. This man has no place on earth.

He didn't lie under oath he lied while he wasn't under oath. I don't want Bin Laden dead because it doesn't solve anything. I'd rather have him spend the rest of his life in a a hard core jail. That is of course if it is Bin Laden that did this horrible act. I know that I'm supposed to trust the media but what evidence is there that he did it (maybe i missed it).

Originally posted by Zweeedorf
He didn't lie under oath he lied while he wasn't under oath. I don't want Bin Laden dead because it doesn't solve anything. I'd rather have him spend the rest of his life in a a hard core jail. That is of course if it is Bin Laden that did this horrible act. I know that I'm supposed to trust the media but what evidence is there that he did it (maybe i missed it).
Yeah, he did lie under oath. I mean, he practically admitted it. A statement he released after he had left office (or it might have been right before he left office, not sure) said that during his testimony, he (I'm quoting roughly here) "tried to walk a fine line next to the truth, and misled people at times." The actual text may be more or less damning than that. I honestly can't remember for sure right now. Anyway, he's still a liar, and, IMO, a criminal. I don't give a crap about him smoking pot in college, but when you start doing crap in the Oval Office, and during your term, there's no excuse.

As for Bin Laden: the guy has been involved in many terrorist actions, so even if he's not behind this one, he deserves to be punished. And, nothing personal, but you can't say it won't solve anything to kill him...because you don't know...unless you can effectively get inside the mind of a terrorist.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
Death is not the answer. The idea that death is going to solve anything here is a poor one. It just goes back to the old law "an eye for an eye". Sure it may seem just, but in the end both end up eyeless.

Death is not the answer.

Wouldn't spending the rest of his life in jail be worse than the whole death thing. I mean this whole tower thing is not neccessarily him. We also thought that the whole Oklahoma thingy was done by arabic people at first only to find out that it was an American. I would not rush to conclusions just because the media is telling us that it's him.