Pimpin' aint easy

Tools    

The Hughes brothers, of Dead Presidents fame, put together this documentary about pimps. Dont know if it was supposed to be serious or not, but I found it hilarious.

I don't think I've seen that one (though if I remember correctly, The Hughes Brothers are/were working with HBO to turn it into a series/mini-series) but, if you like that, check these out.

Unfortunately, the best documentary on prostitution/the sex industry I've seen, I can't find a picture for, but this is its IMBD page:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0107137/

I think I may have seen something similar to that on HBO. But I found this documentary more funny than interesting. That picture in his moms house where he's wearing green and gold he says, "the green was for the money and the gold was for the honey." Then his mom starts to talk about how the doctor said he was "gunna be a special child." He's a damn pimp for cryin out load. Then he begins to brag about a calendar of celebrities he has taken pictures with. Including Marion Barry (crack addict politician) and Ike Turner (wife beating lunatic). Its a bunch of damn clowns walking around in funny suits. And they think theyre bad asses.

It kind of reminded me of the Keenen Wayans flick, I'm Gonna Git You Sucka. There are some scenes in there that point out how ridiculous these floppy hat, pimp type characters really are. And its amazing these guys really exist. They have award shows for each other, fancy parties, and all kinds of other crap.