LOTR: The Two Towers

Tools    

Don't read this, as its going to give away plot details.

Okay... how do you think they'll handle Gandalf? I think it should be a suprise to everyone that hasn't read the book that he is still alive. However for them to do that they have to somehow hide the fact the Ian McKellen is in the movie. So he couldn't do any promotional appearances, and he couldn't be in any credits with the previews or movie posters.

You might just wanna use the spoilers tag. Your call, though. Anyway, I don't think they're being too cautious about it: he was talking about it in an interview recently. It might not totally give it away to see a shot or two...a lot of people will likely think of it as a flashback or something, as opposed to new Gandalf footage.

I do hope they keep it as secret as possible, though. It's equivalent to Aslan showing up, still alive, in The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It's supposed to be a very, very happy occasion...though I admit that being sent back to earth and all that sounds a little bit like a cop-out. It's hard to imagine him coming back, reasonably, after the incident in Moria.

Ahh... didn't know about the spoiler tag.

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
You know how to use them don't you aspen?

[spoilers=Movie Name Here]Your Spoilers[*/spoilers]

of course..take out the * and all is well.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

I think they should just keep quiet about his involvment in the film. I think it'd be interesting. He'd be allowed to go to the premiere and press and interviews and stuff, because he'll be able to talk about what it was like to work on the first film and of course he'll want to see his friends in their new film, blah, blah, blah...

They should involve Sean Bean aswell, throw a few people off the scent perhaps.

My two cents.

Also, if no one wants to know spoilers, you don't enter a thread with the word spoiler in it. It's not a movie review, rather a conversation and it'd be so annoying to keep doing the spoilers tag. The wanring in the title is good enough.

My third cent.

This friday, MoFos: The trailer for LOTR: TTT will be attached to prints of LOTR: FOTR. I'm gonna see if I can call in advance to make sure, though. I'm hoping to see this one last time, to catch the trailer. Allegedly it's around 3 and a half minutes long. Huzzah.

Well in the trailer they show Gandalf so they aren't going to try to keep it a secret.

Originally posted by aspen
Well in the trailer they show Gandalf so they aren't going to try to keep it a secret.
Yeah, I saw that. I dunno what to think. I guess it'd be too hard to keep it a secret...but still...I wanted a few people to be truly shocked. Oh well.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
April fools, eh?
Damn you straight to hell, Bub.

Sorry, I would've had this up 2 days ago, but I stupidly lost it all before finishing. Got it done alright this time, though. It's just a casual breakdown of what you see in the preview. I think you'll dig it:

the link wont work for me how do i watch this thing?
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

*Jumps up and down impatiently* I want to see it NOW!Too...much...anxiety...must...watch...movie...