Unmade Sequels

Tools    

The Future Ed Wood
i guess leon 2 without leon woudl not work. but wasnt the america version called the professional?

ninja turtles is going to rule!! isnt john woo doing this film?

Visit the best film forum on the web http://www.empireonline.co.uk/

Originally posted by James2183
i guess leon 2 without leon woudl not work. but wasnt the america version called the professional?

ninja turtles is going to rule!! isnt john woo doing this film?
Why, yes it is. Now for your $200 question...
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

A novel adaptation.
Labrynth 2

Y'know that little doggy-knight that rode on the back of the other dog, I'd just like to see some more of him.

And maybe David Bowie, but I'd like to have Labrynth 2 be more of a musical.

I have absolutely no idea why I've been up on Labrynth lately.
I'm so very... afraid

The Future Ed Wood
you mean sir didamus!!! i loved him!

"I can't help it..."
Ghostbusters III
Signs II
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV
Die Hard IV
Unbreakable II
Road Trip II
Run Lola Run II
Mad Max IV
The Art Of War II
Swordfish II
Kiss Of The Dragon II
The One II (The 2nd One?)

The Future Ed Wood
the only films i would say from the previous poster which i think would be good sequels etc is turtles 4 and Ghostbusters 3

the rest wouldnt be much good

SPOILERS AHEAD

road trip 2? where would they go? they completed there trip

unbreakable 2? jackson is caught and since its not a proper comic book film he would not `escape'

Die hard 4 - how many times can one cop be beat up? know its in the making but its going to ruin it

Swordfish 2 - the bad guys got away with it in the end. if a sequel came out it would be pointless because if the bad guys get caught then it ruins the purpose of the first film and if they escape then its too much like the first

There's just no pleasing you is there?

I'm just joking, so don't jump all over me. Not that I'll mind...

The Future Ed Wood
cool! no i just get cheesed off with ppl who say that they want a sequel to a really good film. hollywood would be alot better if the film industry were only allowed to make sequels which were already made at the start of pre production on the first one. e.g lord of the rings and the matrix

A novel adaptation.
What about Bill and Teds Bogus Journey ,
or Godfather 2 ?! These great films were both made simply because of the success of the first one, and if we were to slap some more rules onto Hollywood, we would be deprived of them.

I think Hollywood has enough "rules" already. Maybe you should try the "Dogme" clan, I'm sure they'd love this idea.

The Future Ed Wood
didnt coppola have the entire saga planned out before though?

A novel adaptation.
I don't beleive so.
I could be wrong, regardless, those were just examples though
I'm sure there's plenty more.

The Future Ed Wood
yes but on average how many of the films which are sequels rules? sure you have the exceptions

alien trilogy
t2
star wars

but the bad ones outnumber the good ones

some films out there back in the days, the story couldn't spawn a sequel, Blade Runner should not have a sequel, because it doesn't need one, the end of the film was enough, as far as another Seven, they do have plans for another film, Morgan Freeman will be back, not Brad Pitt, I think they should leave it alone, the first film was an excellent film, it does not need a sequel, for me I would like to see another Grinch film, but it won't happen, Ron Howard said He won't do it, he said that was a story, that did not need a sequel, Heres some movies I think that should have sequels
Starship Troopers Big Trouble in Little China

American History X
Basic Instinct
The Abyss
Christine
Starman
Castaway
Running Scared
Colors
Legend

The Future Ed Wood
ooooooooo gremlins 3! nice

american history x 2? how could that happen. SPOILERS AHEAD Ed norton changed totaly. if he went back to the way he was it woudl ruin the theme of the first one

A novel adaptation.
And Castaway 2?
Uhhhhh...
While I admit you could probably add some more to it,
just watching him adjust to the normal way of living would be boring .

Yeah, some movies you just can't make a sequel, and some you can't cannot have a sequel, and others you can go either way.

A novel adaptation.

"I can't help it..."
I thought about it for a little bit longer, and here are the other ones that I think should get sequels:

The Adventures of Ford Fairlane II
A Clockwork Orange II (Think about it... it could work. Not Speilberg, to much of a pussy. Need someone like Fincher)
Orgazmo II

Thats it for now...

I would like to see:

"Fletch 3"
"Die Hard 4"
"Beverly Hills Cop 4"
"GoodFellas 2" (I know it's impossible because of the true story aspect, but my wishful thinking!)
"Back To The Future 4"
Another "Vacation" movie with Chevy Chase